• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Anyone Ever Been to Smash Hell?

Bowie

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Gold Trophy (First Place)
Bronze Trophy (Third Place)
So, there is a place called Smash Hell (also known as Banland, For Glory Hell, and simply Banned Server). It is basically a server seperate to the main Wi-Fi plane which you can get sent to by being repeatedly reported by players, for whatever reason. Most people claim they've been stuck there for a week, others claim over a month.

A lot of players get sent here simply by winning continuously, because some players get frustrated with you and just report you for no reason. With no one there to sit down and watch your replay, you seem to just get automatically sent there after a certain amount of reports.

What's different about this server? Well, the most significant difference is that it is almost completely empty. The only mode you can actually get players is on 1 on 1 mode, which is full of spammers, players with offensive nicknames, and basically anyone in the same situation as you, some of which haven't actually done anything wrong and instead have just been reported for no reason. Nothing good comes out of fighting players like that. If anything, they'll just report you even more.

To check whether you've been reported, all you have to do is go on tournament mode and try to connect to any of them. You won't be able to. All slots will be empty and you won't be able to enter. This will confirm it for you.

I have been in there for almost a week now, and I've never heard it talked about here, so I just thought I'd post something about it to make more players aware.

This sounds like another broken feature of Smash Bros. which sacrifices the player experience for "safety"

Thankfully, no. This is the first time I've ever heard of such a catastrophic turn of events for any player. You must be good, maybe we could play sometime unless Smash Hell restricts Friendly play lol.

Last edited:
This sounds like another broken feature of Smash Bros. which sacrifices the player experience for "safety"

Thankfully, no. This is the first time I've ever heard of such a catastrophic turn of events for any player. You must be good, maybe we could play sometime unless Smash Hell restricts Friendly play lol.

I'm out of it now! Seems like the majority of players get out after a week. And yeah, that sounds like a lot of fun!

Does this work on the 3ds?

I don't know, actually. I haven't played enough of the 3DS version to know, but if you play For Glory regularly I'm sure you'll eventually end up there, and you'll get sent back in a week.

I'm pretty sure I've been for about a month or so.

Played in For Fun so... :3

Oh dear, I didn't even know that this was a thing! Luckily I've never been there and now I'm going to be extra careful to ensure that I will never go there either! Sounds horrible...

I have been there only I didn't know. I just found out this was a thing. Also how do you even report someone?

I have been there only I didn't know. I just found out this was a thing. Also how do you even report someone?

On the results screen, you can press X and then navigate to the person's profile, and from there it gives you the option to report that person. Most people that do it are just salty, and know you'll be sent away if it happens enough times.

Oh I get sent there all the time. Like 3 times so far maybe. First time was 1 week second two times were 2 weeks. Found a lot of new friends there

Would explain why I went through a streak of just spamming links for a solid amount of time and now barely see them

On the results screen, you can press X and then navigate to the person's profile, and from there it gives you the option to report that person. Most people that do it are just salty, and know you'll be sent away if it happens enough times.
Thanks, actually reported someone for spamming dodges yesterday. Impossible to play with someone like that.

My internet is extremely bad with Smash brother for some reasons, so I avoided playing smash online even with friends. But this is interesting to learn. It's good to have a little hell-ish side for those who self-destruct on purpose or cheat the game or something. But I don't like how one gets sent after a number of reports to said player.

Back