• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

david's art thread

i really should do more pixel art then !

Yesssssss you should, but only if you enjoy doing it and it isn't tedious. I would throw my bells at you if you did pixel art in your commission thread and I think others would too? I'm not sure how popular pixel is compared to more traditional (I use traditional loosely, not meaning merely non-digital) art. I just love pixelated stuff, like 8-bit and all that. I think it's great!

(and omfg Sans with the hotdog "eyy how you doin" i'm dead.)

Yesssssss you should, but only if you enjoy doing it and it isn't tedious. I would throw my bells at you if you did pixel art in your commission thread and I think others would too? I'm not sure how popular pixel is compared to more traditional (I use traditional loosely, not meaning merely non-digital) art. I just love pixelated stuff, like 8-bit and all that. I think it's great!

(and omfg Sans with the hotdog "eyy how you doin" i'm dead.)

i hate smams under tale
doing pixel art is pretty fun and i would add it to my commissions list but i don't have enough examples of it/know how to price it fairly
ehhh i think pixel art is fairly popular-ish here?

ehhh i think pixel art is fairly popular-ish here?
Only if you do freebies/cheap commissions, whenever I posted my work, I was lucky enough to see two people give their opinion on my stuff lmao.

Only if you do freebies/cheap commissions, whenever I posted my work, I was lucky enough to see two people give their opinion on my stuff lmao.

weeeelllll i'm not going to do freebies or cheap stuff so Lol
had you tried pixeljoint or some other pixel art site? pixeldailies is a thing on twitter also

just chibi's

G0hWu+

ytwpi+
EBkYl+

O8p3m+
UIBVx+

PdPfJ+
ne75h+
fCpfi+

fm2TY+

hMFpr+

XsaDp+

Love the Covellite design you did because I see Sardonyx similarities (ex: the hammer) and I love Sardonyx, even with her laugh. And the Spinel gem you did looks so fun!

Love the Covellite design you did because I see Sardonyx similarities (ex: the hammer) and I love Sardonyx, even with her laugh. And the Spinel gem you did looks so fun!

zircon's polestaff/swordstaff is similar to pearl's spear so i thought why not :y
spinel also has a smaller version of it that looks more like a whack-a-mole mallet

AHHHH I really like Angel Aura Quartz because I can tell it's the two cuties from DeviantArt that are fusing together go make her (die to the outlines as well on the side). Love it! Also, her colors are fab. And Celestite is so mysterious and cool looking oh goodness.

Really good job! So talented!

People can literally always count on you to come up with the coolest gemsonas. I KNOW I DO.
The latest three you've posted look great! I also agree with Stepheroo on Celestite; I'm really liking the mysterious vibe :-o
AND I want to mention the gemsonas you posted last week, too! I am IN LOVE with Tahitian Pearl and Covellite.
Just good stuff all around :'^]

AHHHH I really like Angel Aura Quartz because I can tell it's the two cuties from DeviantArt that are fusing together go make her (die to the outlines as well on the side). Love it! Also, her colors are fab. And Celestite is so mysterious and cool looking oh goodness.

Really good job! So talented!
thankyou, also angel aura quartz uses he/him pronouns but its okay you didn't know :D
i remember when i designed him a few years ago, i was worried about his palette because it's so similar to opal's but hey stuff like that just happens :y
celestite is super cool and quiet, they don't form very often so when they do its business time

People can literally always count on you to come up with the coolest gemsonas. I KNOW I DO.
The latest three you've posted look great! I also agree with Stepheroo on Celestite; I'm really liking the mysterious vibe :-o
AND I want to mention the gemsonas you posted last week, too! I am IN LOVE with Tahitian Pearl and Covellite.
Just good stuff all around :'^]
ahh thanks i'm glad people like my gemkids just as much as i do :'D

proper sheet for tahitian pearl:
w3i0ldwT.png

working on bloodstone + amethyst/citrine designs next, plus i have to finish jeremejevite and neptunite fusions and start on pearl adopt designs and etc etc etc

[EDIT:] oh also these were collab adopts i did with ~miguedoodles (they've all been sold but i'm planning more in the future)
PCj6kMeg.png

Last edited:
sorry about the pronouns I just always end up assuming since most gems so far in the show have shown preference for she/her I need to break that habit I'm so sorry

AND I SAW TAT ADOPT SHEET WHEN IT WENT UP! My two faves were Tiffany Stome and Cachemirine Garnet. The design are so A++++++ really love it. Ahhhh! I wish some of the designs you make were literally within the series of the show, like they are that high quality.

sorry about the pronouns I just always end up assuming since most gems so far in the show have shown preference for she/her I need to break that habit I'm so sorry

AND I SAW TAT ADOPT SHEET WHEN IT WENT UP! My two faves were Tiffany Stome and Cachemirine Garnet. The design are so A++++++ really love it. Ahhhh! I wish some of the designs you make were literally within the series of the show, like they are that high quality.

its fine really since like you said, all the canon gems use she/her :y
i think my designs are a little too simple actually :0 but still i prefer simple to those crazy detailed gemsonas

Back