• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

The Bell Tree Discord Chat Room: Beginner's Guide

Apologize if it's been suggested before but could we have a music channel(personally I'd like an all-metal music channel though I'm not sure there's enough metal heads on this site to warrant that)?

Last edited:
Apologize if it's been suggested before but could we have a music channel(personally I'd like an all-metal music channel though I'm not sure there's enough metal heads on this site to warrant that)?

This would be dope AF

Last edited:
there's definitely not enough activity in the main channel to warrant any more subchannels than there already is imo, but there's especially not enough to get genre-specific with music. separating music discussion into genres isn't a good idea to begin with, and neither is limiting yourself to one genre honestly. it bars you from discovering more that you might be into and it tends to leave you close-minded.

I'd like it, though if done here we might just go with a general music discussion idk.

Taking over the #Old-School-AC-Week channel with talking about collectibles and people sharing their screenshotted lineups reminded me that a collectibles channel is something we need, and feels weird that we don't have. A very defining aspect of TBT if you ask me.

Don't think I've pulled this card out in a while:

d8vEB4M.png

Please consider : )

Hi, so um, I just joined Discord and I'm like totally clueless on this thing and how to use it. Can some teach me how to do stuff on it? Like how to post for instance? :p

good idea but i would also want all music genres bc i need to find ARMYS <<:lemon:

Awesome! Had no clue that this was a thing, I joined!

No actually. I removed myself from that server because about three people posted spiders, which I am arachnophobic. I don't need that much stress in my life.

No actually. I removed myself from that server because about three people posted spiders, which I am arachnophobic. I don't need that much stress in my life.

Nobody was "posting" spiders, the channel you looked in is actually a pokemon bot game where discord users can catch pokemon and it just so happens that some pokemon look like spiders and the bot releases those sometimes. If you don't like spiders you can mute the pokecord channel and not look in there, I don't think there are normally spiders in the rest of the server!

Last edited:
Nobody was "posting" spiders, the channel you looked in is actually a pokemon bot game where discord users can catch pokemon and it just so happens that some pokemon look like spiders and the bot releases those sometimes. If you don't like spiders you can mute the pokecord channel and not look in there, I don't think there are normally spiders in the rest of the server!

I am serious about this phobia though, it is part of my PTSD. It was not in the pokemon category, I didn't go there at all.

I believe it was in the general section. I asked them to stop and they kept posting them. So that's why I left. Wait, I think it might have been the #can-i-delete-this-yet category.

I don't think this discord is for me. At least I have other discord servers for ACNH.

Last edited:
I am serious about this phobia though, it is part of my PTSD. It was not in the pokemon category, I didn't go there at all.

I believe it was in the general section. I asked them to stop and they kept posting them. So that's why I left. Wait, I think it might have been the #can-i-delete-this-yet category.

I don't think this discord is for me. At least I have other discord servers for ACNH.

#can-i-delete-this-yet is the pokemon/pokecord channel which i also recommend muting if you have severe arachnophobia since most posts are by a bot. that being said you can always ask people to not post spiders when you're around or ask people to put images of spiders in spoilers!

What the... didn't know this was a thing lol I'll join and make my nickname the same as here. ^^

#can-i-delete-this-yet is the pokemon/pokecord channel which i also recommend muting if you have severe arachnophobia since most posts are by a bot. that being said you can always ask people to not post spiders when you're around or ask people to put images of spiders in spoilers!

It would have been nice if you put it on the top of your pinned posts that this is a pokemon category. It doesn't even sound like a pokemon category #can-i-delete-this-yet so don't worry, I have already deleted the app.

It would have been nice if you put it on the top of your pinned posts that this is a pokemon category. It doesn't even sound like a pokemon category #can-i-delete-this-yet so don't worry, I have already deleted the app.

As that is the TBT community's discord, we tend to have our own jokes with things that being named that is one of them. As a new person to the discord its your own responsibility to get to know it and approach. You could've asked in general what that channel was, but instead you chose to go in to a channel you didn't know, so that's your own fault.

The internet is a big, changing thing and there a lot of people with a lot of triggers. It's not built for them and that's kinda just the way it is, it takes a little self maturity and responsibility to monitor for things like that and handle it appropriately. You have to realize that something could trigger anyone at any point, but its typically not anyone's fault (those people posting spiders were talking about something and playing a game). If that's too much stress, you should regulate your own usage of the internet or grow some tougher skin.

Based on your reaction to all this it sounds like it was a good idea you deleted discord, but should you ever come back I recommend talking to users to get a sense of things and everyone will be there with open arms.

Back