• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Splatoon Sheldon's Picks Volume 2

What's your favorite of the new weapons?

• Grim Range Blaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bento Splat Charger/Splatterscope

• Sploosh-O-Matic 7

• CoroCoro Splat Roller

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Cress

Pear 🍐
Lychee 🍇
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
2396-9345-5408
Moon Ball
Mint
Ancient Lantern
Green Candy
Blue Candy
So what does everyone think of the new weapons so far?
The only one I've tried so far (because it's the only one I care about) is the Heavy Splatling Remix. It seems fun to use but I need to get a few better abilities first before I consider using it more.
Although I honestly feel like most of these weapons will be similar to the Volume 1 weapons, as in they're fun gimmick weapons for about a week and then nobody uses them.

My thoughts on all the new weapons:
Grim Range Blaster: Burst bomb + blast combos are real, but take a lot of practice and need a lot of damage. Personally I don't like Blasters so...
N Zap 83: Probably my favorite, because it's a solid mid range shooter that inks fast with Kraken, something Tentateks don't have which N Zaps normally have to compete with. (And my favorite weapon, the Heavy Splatling Deco, also has the same kit and I'm used to using Point Sensors and all that). Unfortunately it's the only weapon I see myself using a lot of this 8.
Bento Splatterscope: The wall is okay for going against E Liters but you need some ink saver sub or it's just a pain to use, echo's nice and all but I like Kelp and Vanilla better.
Cherry H-3: ...I've never seen a horrible gun get carried by it's sub/special so hard... if you can aim with it, you're god.
Sploosh-o-matic 7: Cool kit, only shooter with a splat bomb and inkzooka, I might actually use this but I really have trouble using short range.
Aerospray PG: I'm not sure I would ever use this when the N Zap also has kraken, can still ink good, but it also reliably splats enemies, so... meh.
Heavy Splatling Remix: Okay I use the Splatlings a lot but I really don't know when I would want a Killer Wail over my Kraken... maybe on a few Splat Zone maps like Camp Triggerfish or something but Kraken is clutch in TC/RM so if I ever use this it'll be in Splat Zones, but when trying it out last night there was just a lot of running away from stuff because I didn't have a Kraken... (it's so pretty though :( )
CoroCoro Splat Roller: ...a wall. Just use Carbon because Burst Bombs actually help ;-;

I have to say I liked Vol 1 a lot more. I hope there's a Vol. 3 even though both the Mini and Heavy Splatlings got really bad subs/specials...

Last edited:
Back