How long did it take you to lock all your villagers?

Buttonsy

Loser
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Tasty Cake
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Tasty Cake
June Birthstone (Pearl)
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
White Cosmos
I'm trying to make sure my villagers stop trying to move out with the request lock thing, but I've probably been at it for over a month now and I've only gotten three so far...

I don't really have the time/energy to double check that everyone is there every day, as I also have two New Leaf towns to take care of, so I need to try to lock them as soon as possible, >n<"

I just hop on every Monday for Redd's art. Tangy's tried to move out a couple times but has been here for over a year so no issues there.

If a villager has packed all of his/her stuff away, talking to them and sending them a letter with a gift attached is a foolproof way of getting them to stay, from personal experience.

What is this locking? And how does it work?
Also after playing for a while I found a way to lock dreamies in your village forever.
First make a new character, then spam talk to the villager you want to keep. Do tasks for them until they ask you to deliver something to someone. This is the task you need to lock them in. You will complete the delivery and then you will be asked to "Thank" ("I delivered it!") the person who originally gave you the task. (Now when you talk to them, you will have 3 options instead of the usual 2.) You will never hit the 1st option, because as long as the task is active (up to: Forever) the villagers will not move away.
Doing this on a 2nd character lowers the risk of accidentally hitting the 1st option on your main character.

Warning: This will lock BOTH parties, so if you want one of those 2 people to leave, then finish the delivery, thank them, and keep trying until you get a task that includes 2 of your Dreamies.

I'm too lazy to lock in my villagers, so I usually just come on every two or three days and they are fine. If they are in boxes, I talk to them until they say they're staying.

Back