• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Advice? :/

leftTBT

Bells
So, I'm starting to realize that my town map isn't as good as I imagined it to be.

Should I reset?

dc8be53c0067c3fec8952bf61b5dbf79e.jpg

Last edited:
Well, here's the thing. If you don't like it now, you probably won't like it tomorrow, or in a week, or in a month, and stop playing.
People who stop playing Animal Crossing experience an 88% drop in life satisfaction and a 54.2% drop in happiness. Do you want that to be you?

I don't think you're being too picky.
I've honestly been considering resetting my main town but I'm not sure yet.
I'm not happy with the layout anymore and kind of want to go for something else.
Plus I'm not happy with my native cherries, I really want peaches or I'd settle for apples.

But I'm not sure yet.
I have a lot of things unlocked and I'm hesitant to reset too.

I suppose you have to weigh the pros and cons.
Honestly, if you aren't happy now, you aren't going to be happy down the road, most likely, as was already mentioned.

But I don't think you're being too picky.
It's your town, you should be happy with it and you should do what makes you feel happy and what will help you enjoy your game now.

Well, here's the thing. If you don't like it now, you probably won't like it tomorrow, or in a week, or in a month, and stop playing.
People who stop playing Animal Crossing experience an 88% drop in life satisfaction and a 54.2% drop in happiness. Do you want that to be you?

Yes yes these are very good numbers and entirely true, I experienced it myself, lol.

To the OP: you are definitely not "stupid". It's totally valid to be unsure of something. When you find a map you really love, it's amazing! Especially if you are someone really into tiny details. If you aren't that far along in your town, it might be worth it to try again. This time, maybe make a big list of the key features you want. For my second town, I wanted town hall and retail in a row above the river, two accessible beaches, the majority of land above river, and town square also above river. It took a while to find it, but I was quite happy with it.

At the end of the day, they're just pixels. It's not fun to play when you keep second guessing yourself. That being said, I've grown to love my map of my original town, esp since I've spent so long on it. Keep in mind that as you fill it up with houses and trees and paths, the "feel" will change.

A crummy map is a crummy map. You will end up resetting, so do it now. You will be happier for it :) Have fun!

You river layout is very similar to my current map.

yNShoXg.jpg

In some ways, I would have liked to place my villager homes all together but this was before I knew about plot resetting.

It's totally okay if you want to reset, though! I reset my town after playing on it for 2 months and it was the best decision I've made. I was very unhappy with my previous map layout and where I placed my mayor & side characters' houses. Despite others telling me not to reset, I did it anyway until I found my current map. So you do what's best for you & the important thing is to be happy with your map. Villagers can come and go but the layout is forever. :)

Edit: Whoops, I forgot to include this amazing guide about pond and rock placements so it can maybe help with what you want to determine how things look. This guide helped so much with future plans and avoided the headache.

Last edited:
Back