What do you wish you knew when you were new?

QueenOpossum

Trash Queen
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
7595-9919-0672
Christmas Candy
Christmas Candy
Snow Angel Snowman
Tin Robot
Purple Bat Potion
Key to Bell Tree Manor
Ghostly Preserves
Eerie Star Potion
The Bell Tree World Championship 2021 Patch
Summer Shell
I just saw a thread talking about the whole cedar trees won't grow in the Southern Half thing, and so many people talked about how they wish they'd known.

What do you wish you'd known before you started?

The first AC game I played, I wish I'd known about the faces. I got such an ugly face :(

That bushes can't grow right beside the river or a house. And that you can't plant more than 12 bushes / trees / bamboo in a row, even if it's diagonally touching

Probably that the easiest way to tell if you haven't donated something to the museum is being notified it's a new catch. On my first file I sold so many things I hadn't donated yet and it got so confusing. o_O

i don't know if this counts, but i wish i took more time choosing my map. i just took the second one because i had no idea how many chances i'd get. my map is okay, but i wish the retail was closer to the dock, and i also wish i had one long beach instead of two.

this forum :p

anyway for real
that cedars cant grow on the south
dlc items having especificate date
and not in months

this forum :p

anyway for real
that cedars cant grow on the south
dlc items having especificate date
and not in months

I agree with you and all of them.
My main problem was, I didn't really understand the ATM machine, and always put my bells in my storage. I thought the ATM was just for depositing my mortgage! This created a load of problems because I hadn't got any storage! Oops. But I found out that I can store money there eventually. Also, I didn't know cedars were in the south too, 'cos I wasted a lot of 'em. Also, I had the DLC thing, where I was doing loads of DLC checks monthly, and I only got one thing! I was so confused. In addition to ALL of this, I didn't even know that the re-tail had the sign thing in front for the offers even though they said it before. Isabelle's name easter egg, ('is a bell') and the owl at night!

AKA, I was such a noob.

I wish I would have know about plot resetting, the idea of resetting your town for a good layout, and the fact that you can't move your mayor's house, or change your mayor's name or face. Also the fact that you can successfully breed hybrids on the beach, since I've lost too many 'breeding grounds' from random villagers plots.

I actually like that it's taken me as long as it has to figure out everything I know about the game :3 I don't think it would have been as fun if I had known a lot about the game when I first started playing it.

I wish I would have know about plot resetting, the idea of resetting your town for a good layout, and the fact that you can't move your mayor's house, or change your mayor's name or face. Also the fact that you can successfully breed hybrids on the beach, since I've lost too many 'breeding grounds' from random villagers plots.

I didn't know you could breed hybrids on the beach.

Wish I knew about how to choose your villager's face and about choosing the map.

Not to place my campground right in the front of my town, plot resetting, how to place shrubs, how to safely time travel and... that's it!

I wish I knew about cedar trees not being able to grow in the south because that's where my campsite is... -_-

But oh well. I made up for it in Reveria! (2nd town)

Putting my campsite where cedar trees don't grow. Another Campsite was placed near the bridge and now I'm stuck with it.

Not knowing who Leif was in my town that wasn't a real one. At the time I ignored the villagers and just let them go.
Kept walking out my door and thought that Leif was a lazy villager that never moved. If the mayor picked the weeds she would have had badges.

Plot resetting. And I only just now found out through this thread that cedar trees can only grow in the top half :mad: Why did they program the game like this?

Back