• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Rock Questions.

frankied

Good ol' City Folk.
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
0747-1559-2101
New Horizons Token
Hey people.

Just curious, is the Bell Rock/Gem Rock determined automatically or on start up? For example, can you "reset" and have a new gem rock spot? There's a rock right in front of my house hindering me placing a fountain near by and it's starting to bug me a bit.

Thanks!

A gem rock spawns everyday when you log into your game with an existing character. The gem spot won't go away until you smash it and soft resetting wont change it. You can't do anything to permanent rocks, so they'll always be there.

Thanks! How exactly would I know what rocks are permanent? I do believe that wasn't there when I built my house.

Thanks! How exactly would I know what rocks are permanent? I do believe that wasn't there when I built my house.
Just take a shovel and poke the rock with it, the permanent ones won't break but the gem one will. Also I'm not 100% sure about this, since I've never paid attention to it, but I'm pretty sure the gem rock will change the next day even if you hadn't smashed the last one. I'm assuming that on your first day of AC a gem rock spawned there but you didn't smash it and it's elsewhere now.

It kinda sucks that a gem rock can spawn on your first day while you're putting down your mayors unmovable permanent house, since you won't have access to a shovel at that point. A gem rock blocked me like that once lol.

Thanks a ton! I guess I'll just keep whackin' the rock until it eventually breaks.

It only takes one try to break it. If the rock in front of your house doesn't break on the first hit, then it's a permanent one.

I meant daily, my bad.
The gem rock is always a new rock entirely that just appears where there is space. So if you normally have 5 rocks the gemrock is the 6th, so I'm afraid that rock is there to stay if you didn't get it to break on day 1

the bell rock is also different for every human character. for example, if you hit the bell rock on your mayor and then play as a different human, you can hit another bell rock and get twice as many bells!

Just take a shovel and poke the rock with it, the permanent ones won't break but the gem one will. Also I'm not 100% sure about this, since I've never paid attention to it, but I'm pretty sure the gem rock will change the next day even if you hadn't smashed the last one.

The gem rock will stay in the same spot until you break it, so if you actually want to use the gem rock as part of your landscaping somewhere, you can just leave it alone and it will stay there.

The gem rock will stay in the same spot until you break it, so if you actually want to use the gem rock as part of your landscaping somewhere, you can just leave it alone and it will stay there.
Ah aight, thanks for clarifying. Have yet to see anyone use rocks as decorations but I spose by using that method you could make a rock duo symmetrical.

Back