• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Trouble with planting cedar saplings!

Wolfycheeks

Bells
Small Mailbox
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
Tasty Cake
I need help! I tried planting cedar saplings beside my path, with 3 holes in between each of them, they all died. Or well, 2 of them, since I had trouble with it before and still expirimenting with it, but they keep dying. Is it because they're next to a path?

I assume they must be on the south hemisphere if you town.
Cedar trees only grow in the northern hemisphere of your town.

I assume they must be on the south hemisphere if you town.
Cedar trees only grow in the northern hemisphere of your town.

Ah ****, that's a shame, wasted like 8 saplings now lol, so stubborn & a bit dumb. Thanks for the help!

Ah ****, that's a shame, wasted like 8 saplings now lol, so stubborn & a bit dumb. Thanks for the help!

Yeah no problem.
I learned that the hard way too, so don't feel too bad.
I'm not sure if there's a reference out there for defining the Northern/Southern Hemispheres.
You might just have to test it to find out where that line is in your town.​

May I see your map?
I know the line for each map
It's a bit different
Once I get your map I can edit your sound and north
If you want

yeah, I wasted many saps too :-( it sucks! sorry this happened to you

Cedar trees will only grow in the north of your town. I tried growing my cedar trees in the south and they died unfortunately. It would be really nice to cover a whole town with cedar trees though.. I wasted about two saplings, it really does suck though. I prefer the cedars much more to the normal saplings!

Yup, I figured this out the hard way too. I wanted cedar stumps around my bonfire, which is located toward the middle of my map and I had trouble getting the last stump on the bottom. I kept trying, but it never grew.

Back