Hi, buy, bye
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Dark Easter Egg
Pikachu Easter Egg
Easter Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
So, I am talking with someone on FR who had their house broken into, and it got me thinking, "What would I hate to have stolen more than anything else?" Some things can have a lot of sentimental value and mean a lot to you, and if they have any real value, they could be something that'd be taken.

One of the first things that popped in mind for me was my gaming consoles. The would be easy to repurchase, but they've just been through so much with me and all my friends I've ever had.

I of course thought about my cat, too. Being the guard cat he is, he could get really hurt trying to stop the intruders. He's a big cat, but he has no claws since his previous owners removed them. This is the one time I'd rather him hide than greet every visitor we get.

So what do you think?

Oh geez, I've had my stuff stolen from my home before. I can't say it was "broken into" though because we invited him in. That's the worst part about it. Besides my bike, my ps2, my sister's jewelry, and tons of my mom's savings, the worst thing he stole was our sense of security and trust. You'd never think to protect your home from family, but now I don't feel comfortable letting any extended family in unless I ask their close relatives about them beforehand.

If my house was broken into I'd be worried about my gaming consoles, cat toys, food, and blankets stolen. All of those things are very valuable to me and it would ruin my life if any of those things were taken. I love my two cats dearly and if any of their toys or food was taken than I would be so distraught.

Oh geez, I've had my stuff stolen from my home before. I can't say it was "broken into" though because we invited him in. That's the worst part about it. Besides my bike, my ps2, my sister's jewelry, and tons of my mom's savings, the worst thing he stole was our sense of security and trust. You'd never think to protect your home from family, but now I don't feel comfortable letting any extended family in unless I ask their close relatives about them beforehand.
Wow that's terrible. That happened to us, actually. This kid that was friends with my brother and his best friend stole stuff from both of them. It sucks because my brother's old best friend's family was/is really poor. This kid mostly stole games and money. One of the things he took was our ocarina of time master's quest game! Still mad about that...
Luckily he didn't take TOO much because he was subtle about it, stealing a little over a long period of time, so I can't remember everything he took. He ended up in jail, and it was heart breaking hearing his mom ask my mom how she ended up with such nice kids, and 2 of hers ended up in jail. She's such a sweet, sweet woman, and I feel so bad that that happened to her.

Even though my games and game consoles do mean a lot to me, and it would cost a lot to replace them all, they are still replaceable in the end. The things that I would be the most distraught over losing would be my two cats, or my family if they were hurt in any way. As far as items, I'd say mostly my gem and mineral collection; I've invested hundreds of dollars into it, and many of the stones I've had for years, and some also aren't replaceable.

I'm glad my house hasn't been broken by robbers. Who knows what would happen if all of our electronics were stolen. I don't think me and my family would know what to do if everything went missing. We'd all be poor, living out on the streets. We might still have the money to replace everything, I doubt that would work. But luckily, that never happened, and hope it never will.

One of the things I'll be missing the most are my video games that I put into effort. Plus, i'll be bored for life.

I think the Buddhists have the right idea about material goods. One of my New Years resolution this year is to own less and less, actually.

I'd be pretty upset if my music collection was stolen (all my Bowie memorabilia and stuff), a necklace I got from my trip to Northern England, and a few childhood toys. My computer also has all my art stuff on it, which would destroy me because I really love my art.

And then of course there's my loved ones, which would obviously make me the most devastated.

Anyone who tries to touch my stuff with the intent of theft is going to go through the worst time of their life :)

Everything that's mine is precious to me, of course I'd rather not have anything stolen away from me.

If my house was broken into I'd be worried about my gaming consoles, cat toys, food, and blankets stolen. All of those things are very valuable to me and it would ruin my life if any of those things were taken. I love my two cats dearly and if any of their toys or food was taken than I would be so distraught.

Honestly, I don't know how many cat toy robbers there are in the world, but I think you're safe.
That's cute though lmao

I have a huge mean (to strangers) rottie and she has broken her cage down before so if someone broke in she would probs break lose and destroy them :D

GOOD GIRL *pats dog*

Last edited:
I'm okay with anything of mine of value being stolen I mean of course I wouldn't like it, but in the end they're just possessions that can be replaced. I have things with more sentimental value but I would have no idea why a robber would steal any of that. The one thing that would completely destroy me is if they stole my dogs. I would let them take anything of mine except for my babies. :c

What is that? I don't know much about it, and I'm curious.

Well, Buddha thought that the main cause of suffering in one's life is attachment, and he uses the word "attachment" to refer to more than just possessions. He was also referring to ideas, religious beliefs, people, and a whole lot more. He didn't necessarily feel like we shouldn't have any desires or live homeless, but he wanted us to appreciate what we had, not ever take it for granted, and rid ourselves of greed. So, to put it another way, you can have a mansion, but don't be greedy and purchase two mansions just because you can.

This is also one of the main reasons people ask Buddhists whether they celebrate Christmas or not, as many choose not to participate in the tradition of giving gifts, because they feel like it's the wrong way of showing somebody that you love them.

Last edited:
Luckily the things that are worth the most to me probably wouldn't be of much worth to others. Most of my possessions were given to me as gifts, but they're things like seashells from my friend or a scarf that was knitted for me or drawings done by a couple of kids I see often so I don't think any robbers would have any interest in those things, but I'd be really sad if they were taken from me. I'd be devastated if anyone ever touched either of my dogs, though, they're the most important things I have.

Well, Buddha thought that the main cause of suffering in one's life is attachment, and he uses the word "attachment" to refer to more than just possessions. He was also referring to ideas, religious beliefs, people, and a whole lot more. He didn't necessarily feel like we shouldn't have any desires or live homeless, but he wanted us to appreciate what we had, not ever take it for granted, and rid ourselves of greed. So, to put it another way, you can have a mansion, but don't be greedy and purchase two mansions just because you can.

This is also one of the main reasons people ask Buddhists whether they celebrate Christmas or not, as many choose not to participate in the tradition of giving gifts, because they feel like it's the wrong way of showing somebody that you love them.

Ahhh, yah, I really like that idea. I personally never take anything for granted, even very small things that people don't usually think about.

For me, it'd probably have to be my computer. I've been writing stories since I was young and there are stories from when I was 8 in this computer. They mean the world to me and they have much sentimental value. I don't know what I'd do if my computer got stolen...
Also, my cat.

For me, it'd probably have to be my computer. I've been writing stories since I was young and there are stories from when I was 8 in this computer. They mean the world to me and they have much sentimental value. I don't know what I'd do if my computer got stolen...
Also, my cat.

You should defenitely put it all on a USB. I'm surprised you still got everything, you should really keep an extra copy of them on a disk or usb.

i'm really sentimental, so everything i own is worth crying over for me. it's hard to pick just one thing i'd want to keep, but i have this box of papers with my name on them. for as long as i can remember and still today, my mom would leave food on the table before she leaves for work, tears a piece of a paper towel and writes my name on it so we know which dish belongs to who. she doesnt do this as often anymore because i cook my own dinner most the time, but idk i just think its really sweet. i initially collected them for no reason, but now im kind of glad that i did

Back