flat potato chips or ridged potato chips?

flat or ridged?

• flat

Votes: 19 50.0%
  • ridged

Votes: 19 50.0%

• Total voters

HungryForCereal

if it was you I'd never want to leave...
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Pink Summer Shell
Mint
Pavé
very random question but do you like potato chips that have flat surfaces or those that are ridged? i like the ridged one because they kinda taste crunchier than the flat ones.

honestly it depends on flavor. if its the kind of flavor that is sorta weak, then crinkle cut bc it lets more flavor dust cover the surface of the chip. bold flavors, like a personal favorite flavor of mine, dill pickle, would be absolutely ATROCIOUS in crinkle cut, but my other favorite, sour cream and onion is amazing in crinkle cut.

so its a tie for me o:

Last edited:
the flat ones because I usually buy kettle chips and they're always flat - get kettle chips if you like them extra crispy

I wish there was an option for both hehe. I like ruffled chips more with dip though. My favourite chips are salt and vinegar :lemon:

I wish there was an option for both hehe. I like ruffled chips more with dip though. My favourite chips are salt and vinegar :lemon:

saaaaame! salt and vinegar 5 lyf!

Why isn't there an option for both? As long as they're chips I'm good.

Why isn't there a both option?!?! I like them both honestly, but for different applications. I like most chips to be flat like all of my flavored potato chips like BBQ Lays and kettle chips, but when I am having plain or lightly seasoned chips for dipping I prefer the ridged variety so it can hold up to the dip I am putting it in. For anything without dip I prefer un-ridged because I like the mouth feel of the flatter chips.

What's a kettle-style? Is it shaped like a kettle?

no, it's the way it's cooked, it is thicker and extra-crispy usually. "kettle-cooked" is probably a more common description for them.

- - - Post Merge - - -

(suggestive that they are cooked in small batches in a large pot or kettle, as opposed to laying flat in a conveyor belt type mass fried production...)

Why not both? I like (almost) any kind of potato chips... (except those weird chocolate / cappuccino / cinnamon / pickles, etc. potato chips that Lays makes)

Back