• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Overwatch General Thread

Anyone want to group? Wicca#1909 is my Battle.Net Tag if anyone does! :)

Yeah, I was going to play as Mercy so I can get to know the maps better while not holding back my team (hopefully)

Mercy is fun to play as for support. It feels satisfying helping teammates gun down enemies easier. A tip I have for using her is going to Options>Controls>Change All Heroes to Mercy>Toggle Beam Connection>On. This way you don't have to hold down the trigger or whatever controls you're using and you can switch between the healing and damage increasing beam with ease. You can also turn off controller rumble specifically for her if it annoys you.

Last edited:
Symmetra's great but I cannot stand when people use her after the first point of a double capture map is taken. It completely nullifies the use of her teleporter. After that point, Torbjorn is better.

. A tip I have for using her is going to Options>Controls>Change All Heroes to Mercy>Toggle Beam Connection>On.

bless you. thank you for this omg.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Symmetra's great but I cannot stand when people use her after the first point of a double capture map is taken. It completely nullifies the use of her teleporter. After that point, Torbjorn is better.

I disagree. On hanamura I use her on defending and she's OP af. Set up all 6 turrets in one room with the heal on the left side of the entry gate and I got an almost team kill right away haha

I got in this match with like almost all Reinhardts vs D. Vas and it was hilarious.

This game looks super fun, was watching some twitch videos. However, I rarely ever play fps games and the last one I played was YEARS ago. How horrible will I get owned by players if I were to get this? As of now, there isn't any ranking system to separate the beginners from the pros right?

The official ranked play isn't in yet where you can see people's ranks and stuff, but there's definitely still matchmaking/hidden ranking going on in normal play. I think there's definitely some filtering just by level as well. So you should get matched with people who won't completely stomp you once it's been a few days for the pros to get recognized by matchmaking.

The official ranked play isn't in yet where you can see people's ranks and stuff, but there's definitely still matchmaking/hidden ranking going on in normal play. I think there's definitely some filtering just by level as well. So you should get matched with people who won't completely stomp you once it's been a few days for the pros to get recognized by matchmaking.

Yep! I agree, I've be requeued a few times with the error "Finding a more balanced game..." Or something like that.

God, I really cannot say this enough but I absolutely love how fun Genji feels to play.

Does anybody remember back in like, 2011, a game called Brink got really hyped up for being a class-based shooter with parkour elements? TL;DR, it bombed and I was super disappointed, but Genji pulls off that gimmick and makes it feel really really good.

For any of you who are struggling playing as him, here's some tips I found while playing:

• Your double jump makes you a goddamn nightmare to hit with most weapons. Especially when you decide to start deflecting shots. You won't be as obnoxious as Tracer, but it'll keep you alive against some heroes.

• Genji is a flanking hero - meaning he doesn't help push the line as much as he harasses the enemy backline. Finding routes to their Widowmaker or Bastion that don't get you in the center of the action can turn the tables for your team.

• Since Genji is a flanking hero, much like Tracer, he's more of a pest than an actual threat to most of the enemy team (Minus the far backline). You can dish out a lot of damage, but you're easily killed. Abuse your absurd mobility to stay alive more than anything. If you can make more than one person pay attention to you for an extended amount of time, you're turning the main fight into a 5v4. (This all also applies to Tracer.)

• Genji's ult changes all of that and turns you into a massive threat. You can very very easily use it and erase 3 heroes from the backline.

• Genji has a series of animation cancels that can further his burst: His shuriken throw cooldown can be cancelled by melee, and his melee can be canceled by dashing. Alt Fire -> Melee -> Dash will 100-0 a Widowmaker before she can put down her scope. I haven't found any others yet.

• Genji's dash resets its cooldown should you score a kill. This lets you assassinate multiple people with the proper setup.

• If your main tank is Reinhardt, it might be a bad idea to play Genji if you have too many Flankers. Reinhardt needs high dps heroes behind his shield to make him shine, and Genji/Tracer are horrid at providing with that.

• Save your dash unless you know you can secure a kill. It's your only escape.

• Pls abuse your mobility. Run up walls lots.

• You make Bastion cry.

• Like no. Seriously. Bastion does nothing to Genji.

Last edited:
the only thing more satisfying than killing a bastion his own bullets is killing a pesky tracer with bastion's bullets.

the only thing more satisfying than killing a bastion his own bullets is killing a pesky tracer with bastion's bullets.

I punched a Tracer in the face and killed them. I found it the most satisfying because of how little damage punches do.

I punched a Tracer in the face and killed them. I found it the most satisfying because of how little damage punches do.

tmOEy97.jpg

i should give tracer more of a shot, but usually when my team gives me the chance to use a non-tank/healer role there's usually other characters i'd rather use.

tmOEy97.jpg

i should give tracer more of a shot, but usually when my team gives me the chance to use a non-tank/healer role there's usually other characters i'd rather use.

Same. It's also hard to be useful as Tracer if your team isn't willing to make use of the advantages you make.

Finally downloading this! :O

- - - Post Merge - - -

It finished downloading right as I posted that. .-.

Add meh: Cress#11351
And I mean add me because I am still completely clueless on how to do anything so don't expect me to know how to add people for a while.

Back