• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Overwatch General Thread

masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Trent29193-1438

D.va and Mei ayyy <3

Started playing Junkrat a bit, I'm sure that'll rise a decent bit.

Excluding Tom, you guys really like support

I don't understand how, they're so boring unless you're Lucio on a cliff.

My main is Zenyatta feel free to kill me.
I know he is nerfed, I just find him fun to play and in addition I am the best at this character.

They are going to give him a buff soon. Presumably, 200HP.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Someone's gotta...I prefer Junkrat but sometimes Lucio's environmental kills are hilarious. I also need to work on my wall riding.

jFnepVu.png

I mostly tank and heal out of necessity, but they can be fun to use when you're not being forced to heal every other match.

I've always found Mercy more fun to play than Lucio, but Lucio feels more useful on koth.

My hours with Mercy started stacking when less people started playing support. I actually really enjoy playing as her though. Mercy can really help change the outcome of a match if played right. She's actually challenging to use because you have to constantly avoid enemy fire to heal or damage boost people so it keeps you busy. Truthfully, I think I'm the most useful when I'm not on support. Primarily as characters such as Reaper and Tracer where I can sneak behind enemy lines and destroy turrets, teleporters, Bastion, etc.

Last edited:
that doesnt mean just because they have 200 hp that the devs will buff him. he was the most op support but now hes much like a glass canon. maybe 175 but i dont see him having 200.

Actually Blizzard said they are working on Zenyatta right now to make him better lol

Last edited:
Actually Blizzard said they are working on Zenyatta right now to make him better lol

Yes but that doesn't mean they'll buff his HP. In the beta (or earlier) Zenyatta's orbs would stay on targets instead of returning if you didn't have them in your LoS and he was a staple for tournament teams. Something that simple could buff him a lot. Additionally, a Zenyatta with 175+ health is very dangerous, he can heal and 2-3 hit just about anyone. The 150 hp is there to give him a downside.

Someone's gotta...I prefer Junkrat but sometimes Lucio's environmental kills are hilarious. I also need to work on my wall riding.

i like support since i like helping and supporting people, i have 50% of my gameplay on support and i dont mind.

I mostly tank and heal out of necessity, but they can be fun to use when you're not being forced to heal every other match.

I've always found Mercy more fun to play than Lucio, but Lucio feels more useful on koth.

My hours with Mercy started stacking when less people started playing support. I actually really enjoy playing as her though. Mercy can really help change the outcome of a match if played right. She's actually challenging to use because you have to constantly avoid enemy fire to heal or damage boost people so it keeps you busy. Truthfully, I think I'm the most useful when I'm not on support. Primarily as characters such as Reaper and Tracer where I can sneak behind enemy lines and destroy turrets, teleporters, Bastion, etc.

So you guys pretty much have too lol. Since I mostly only play Quick Play I don't care much for my win/loss and I'll just treat the game as practice if no one goes Lucio or Mercy. I prefer to be proficient in Genji as I can help the team with deflecting ultimates and take out the enemy healers. That being said, I know he healers take skill to play but I feel like they also need support in return to stay alive. If your team abandons you as Mercy, you have no one to Shift to and your only option is to pistol your way out. Lucio is a little easier if you can sonic the hedgehog the way outta there but you aren't healing if you are so your survivability is still really low. Additionally with Lucio, all you really have to do is shoot your left click at things and hope they die. Just boring to me since the heal doesn't require much attention at all.

I've kinda given up on ranked altogether. After a few hours of only wins I've gone up....1 level, and I know all that progress will completely disappear with only 1 or 2 losses.

They really need to either sort out people leaving or (the 'more logical/doable' solution) sort out the way ranked exp is earned, because going up the progress bar a millimeter at a time per win due to the other team rage quitting makes it pretty much unplayable, or at least not worth the effort.

I always enjoyed playing healers in multiplayer things (though I usually main tanks) because everybody is usually appreciative of you as long as you're doing at least an okay job, and that's just nice. Nobody ever cares about the DPS unless they're doing a beyond exceptional job and tanks often get the blame when anything goes wrong since they're usually 'the focus', but just do even an 'average' job as a healer and everybody is like "u da best!" "we love you!" "have my bebeh's!".

Though I get that it can be boring at times, especially with [almost] 'pure' healers like Mercy. If you're wrecking the other team (either because your team's really good or theirs is really bad) you're probably not going to have a lot of opportunity to contribute much to the team...But when you're tactically topping up your teams lifebars under a big attack to keep them all alive, dropping a big rez just before a wipe and throwing a damage boost to a character as they pop their ultimate for mass kills, it feels awesome knowing you were arguably the most valuable member of your team at that moment.

...Plus when I get the occasional 'solo kill' with Mercy, especially when an enemy has singled me out and chased me down thinking I'm an easy kill, I've taken to teabagging them. I don't usually teabag since it makes me feel like a douche, but there's just 'something' about Mercy that makes me feel a quick teabag is justified when I get a solo kill with her.

I didn't like Lucio at first, so I only found out how much better he is for KotH after I destroyed my Mercy's W/L ratio trying to KotH with her...

I've found I have a better time with her on the KotH of maps when there's a 2 or 3 other characters with some sort of self healing so I can focus a bit more on and prioritize the few that don't (yano, assuming you don't get the Roadhogs and Soldiers that rely 'solely' on you for all their healing...Like, dude, I'm fine with healing you, that's my job, but yano, it would be cool if you at least tried to heal yourself a little, you lazy *****). If there's no self healers on my team and I'm playing Mercy, I get a bit overwhelmed on 'big attacks' where everybody is getting hit trying to work out who I should help first/second/etc, but if there's a like a Mei on my team, I know that I can realistically leave her till last like "yo, just pop an ice block, I'll be with you in a minute".

- - - Post Merge - - -

:D

It sounds like they'll play how I originally thought Lucio played before I actually used him (yes, I spent the first 1 or 2 games with Lucio thinking I shot my team mates to heal them...Shut up, I know better now...).

I wonder if all new supports they add are going to be healers, or if we'll get any more like Symettra that are more of a 'utility'.

:D

It sounds like they'll play how I originally thought Lucio played before I actually used him (yes, I spent the first 1 or 2 games with Lucio thinking I shot my team mates to heal them...Shut up, I know better now...).

I wonder if all new supports they add are going to be healers, or if we'll get any more like Symettra that are more of a 'utility'.

I DID THE EXACT SAME THING LMAO
I WAS LIKE "WHY AREN'T YOU HEALING WHAT AM I DOING WRONG" good job me

Personally I don't think heroes like Symmetra should be called "support" and should be in defense instead (unless a separate "healer" category is added) 'cause I'm kinda tired of level 40+s thinking Symmetra is a healer and that we don't need any other support heroes on our team

I DID THE EXACT SAME THING LMAO
I WAS LIKE "WHY AREN'T YOU HEALING WHAT AM I DOING WRONG" good job me

Personally I don't think heroes like Symmetra should be called "support" and should be in defense instead (unless a separate "healer" category is added) 'cause I'm kinda tired of level 40+s thinking Symmetra is a healer and that we don't need any other support heroes on our team

Yea. I 'get' why it could be argued she's in support from the definition of the word and the way her abilities work, but shoving her in there when 3/4 (or I guess soon to be 4/5) of the characters in that class are obviously healers and expecting people not to assume she's a healer too wasn't well thought out...I thought she was a healer, but it's only when I started using Zarya somewhat regularly that I realized how pathetic that 25 shield is. At first I thought the shield regenerated super fast or increased your defense or something and that's why it was only 25 and why she was a 'healer'.

Like "yea, thanks for the 25 shield, Symettra, but you can keep it...I have a feeling if I die, I would do so with or without the shield. Keep hold of it, give it to a Zenyatta or something. He'll love it"...It's like putting on a woolly hat to protect yourself from severe blunt force trauma.

If they wanted to have more than just healers in the support group they should have done it on release really, that way there would have been a couple other 'obviously not healer' characters to make it obvious...Or just named the catagory 'healer' and put her in defense to save the hassle and confusion in the first place.

I'm too impatient and like to rush, support isn't my thing. Been trying Lucio though, so I guess I can at least Sonic my way around things and be useful when nobody else picks a healer.

Back