• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Overwatch General Thread

After like 3 hours I still suck ass but at least I'm having fun :lemon:

Got home to find it's high noon and Overwatch had arrived.

The box the Amazon Origins Edition came in is nice...I'm sick of having nice boxes though, I'm pretty much out of room (first world problems ; - ; )...

Lucio for life.

Got like 6 environmental kills in one match. I love that lil DJ.

<3

I'm still tearing it up with McCree. Such a fun game.

Having lots of fun so far. I feel like I'm doing worse with Tracer than in the beta though. I've used Mei, Reaper, and Tracer in the launch version so far. I still wonder why people keep using the crappy Reaper skin where he doesn't have his cool mask or cloak.

i've basically only played reaper and mccree today, but i'm enjoying it as much as i was during the beta. there's so many people i know who seem to have bought it!

i just wish i had the luck with lootboxes that i had in the beta, i've gotten almost nothing of use yet. ;_;

Got home to find it's high noon and Overwatch had arrived.

The box the Amazon Origins Edition came in is nice...I'm sick of having nice boxes though, I'm pretty much out of room (first world problems ; - ; )...

Yeah got mine in box too and it's quite nice!

And ofc that free Hearthstone pack card. :D

Got it on PC and getting it on Xbox One in two weeks. I tend to switch between Soldier 76, D'Va, Mercy and Zenyatta depending on team needs.

Yo, if you're playing on PC like a big kid, add me!

Brad#13933

Last edited:
Just played with Brad, Jubs, and BongoTheElf. So fun with friends. We really tore it up too. McCree quad kill op

I wonder if this game is going to work like Halo 5 where you can buy those loot boxes if you want a shortcut to earn them, but will have free DLC.

I wonder if this game is going to work like Halo 5 where you can buy those loot boxes if you want a shortcut to earn them, but will have free DLC.

Yeah, you can. I bought $25 of boxes but DLC is free.

Yeah, you can. I bought $25 of boxes but DLC is free.

Ah, that's good then. My biggest annoyance with loot chests is that you can get duplicate items from them. I know it gives you some in-game currency if you do happen to get a duplicate item, but it's not really making up for it because it only gives a partial amount of what the item is worth. I got some decent stuff today from them. Probably the best thing I got was Lucio's highlight intro that I wanted.

Edit: Also on a side note, this game is getting really great reviews from a ton of different sites so far. I'm excited to see what other content they have planned for this summer.

Last edited:
Ok Lucio is a precious gem I hope he always has a good day

didn't use him much in the beta, but i'm starting to like winston

This game looks super fun, was watching some twitch videos. However, I rarely ever play fps games and the last one I played was YEARS ago. How horrible will I get owned by players if I were to get this? As of now, there isn't any ranking system to separate the beginners from the pros right?

didn't use him much in the beta, but i'm starting to like winston

Winston is my go to tank. If I'm not playing McCree, I'll be playing Winston.

- - - Post Merge - - -

This game looks super fun, was watching some twitch videos. However, I rarely ever play fps games and the last one I played was YEARS ago. How horrible will I get owned by players if I were to get this? As of now, there isn't any ranking system to separate the beginners from the pros right?

In the non ranked play, you would do fine I'm sure. Also there are heroes to play that don't even require a huge amount of shooting skill.

In the non ranked play, you would do fine I'm sure. Also there are heroes to play that don't even require a huge amount of shooting skill.

Yeah, I was going to play as Mercy so I can get to know the maps better while not holding back my team (hopefully)

Back