• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Bullies

I have to say that I've never been bullied due to the fact that I've been homeschooled my whole life. I went to a private school though on Mondays (teachers would give us assignments, like public school but we only go once a week). Every kid there is super nice and they know better than to bully others. The leaders wouldn't tolerate bullying if it was happening. Whoever was doing it would get a few warnings before they're kicked from the program.

However, IF I was in public school, I probably would be so messed up right now. I can barely handle my mom yelling at me, so how in the world am I going to handle kids' bullying me? Most likely not very well at all. I have social anxiety, so I'm super withdrawn and socially-awkward. I'd get bullied for wearing no makeup and having no friends, etc.

Gotta say, I'm thankful for homeschooling groups.

But now there's just college to get through.

Last edited:
I've never really been bullied like that but I do know that some people would talk behind my back. At first it hurt my feelings (some of those people were my friends) but honestly I couldn't care less now. I'm on to better things and I have goals set for myself. I can't be bothered by people who feel so bad for themselves that they feel the need to bring down other people.

Last edited:
i've never been bullied, but i have been teased a lot. doesn't really happen to me anymore, to my face anyway, and i care more about negative thoughts i have about about myself and the effect it has had on my self-image. i'm a pretty quiet person and i'm only really comfortable around people i know and because i'm not very outgoing, and also because i contribute a lot in some of my classes, i face a lot of exclusion and judgement from more sociable people, but it's not a big deal. i think a lot of it is me being paranoid and thinking i'm worth less than others which is a really toxic mindset to have and i think that's what stops me from being more comfortable around others.

on primary school on 6th grade i got bullied for being gay . human scum tbh.

hhh my last school Hated lgbt people . i guess i was kinda used to it then but now when i think back to it most days ppl said anti lgbt stuff and any time any of that kinda stuff was mentioned some ppl had to say how gross it is or w/e. it's really messed up how people think it's okay to say that they want all gay people to die. i seriously had people in my classes say that stuff like literally saying that gay people should die during lessons and no one would do anything about it. the teachers often brushed it off as their opinions, a joke, or they pretended they didn't hear because they weren't sure how to deal with it.
after the pulse shooting a ****head said out loud that he was glad it had happened because "they deserved it."

my sister is a lesbian and i'm trans, my sister didn't hide her sexuality at all but i hadnt told anyone about my gender identity tho i talked about trans issues and was very anti transphobia, so we were the targets of a bunch of stuff. most of it was indirect but both of us had rumours spread about us and w/e and people Loved to bring up how much they hated lgbt people whenever they could in class, ahahah.
i don't understand why the teachers didn't interfere. they could have stopped a lot of the things that happened but instead they ignored it, let it happen or started saying dumb **** themselves. yes, we have free speech but if i said that i thought the homophobes wore ugly shirts i'd get in trouble so why shouldnt the school protect lgbt kids from hate, bullying and threats or at least ****ing do something about the people yelling death threats in class?
aaaa **** i hate my old school so much im sorry ive written a Wall of text uh ..

sorry i got a bit carried away but basically i just wnated to say that that kind of bullying is gross (any kind of bullying is gross but . uh . ) and that it sucks that it is such a widespread thing that happens to a lot of lgbt people. i dont see why or how people think it is such an issue that people are gay and/or trans that they will put ppl thru hell because of it.

hhh my last school Hated lgbt people . i guess i was kinda used to it then but now when i think back to it most days ppl said anti lgbt stuff and any time any of that kinda stuff was mentioned some ppl had to say how gross it is or w/e. it's really messed up how people think it's okay to say that they want all gay people to die. i seriously had people in my classes say that stuff like literally saying that gay people should die during lessons and no one would do anything about it. the teachers often brushed it off as their opinions, a joke, or they pretended they didn't hear because they weren't sure how to deal with it.
after the pulse shooting a ****head said out loud that he was glad it had happened because "they deserved it."

my sister is a lesbian and i'm trans, my sister didn't hide her sexuality at all but i hadnt told anyone about my gender identity tho i talked about trans issues and was very anti transphobia, so we were the targets of a bunch of stuff. most of it was indirect but both of us had rumours spread about us and w/e and people Loved to bring up how much they hated lgbt people whenever they could in class, ahahah.
i don't understand why the teachers didn't interfere. they could have stopped a lot of the things that happened but instead they ignored it, let it happen or started saying dumb **** themselves. yes, we have free speech but if i said that i thought the homophobes wore ugly shirts i'd get in trouble so why shouldnt the school protect lgbt kids from hate, bullying and threats or at least ****ing do something about the people yelling death threats in class?
aaaa **** i hate my old school so much im sorry ive written a Wall of text uh ..

sorry i got a bit carried away but basically i just wnated to say that that kind of bullying is gross (any kind of bullying is gross but . uh . ) and that it sucks that it is such a widespread thing that happens to a lot of lgbt people. i dont see why or how people think it is such an issue that people are gay and/or trans that they will put ppl thru hell because of it.

are you acutally serious that one ******* said the people who died at that pulse nightclub deserved it?!
this is the kind of people who make society everyday a little more horrible and overall this people better not have kids or our future will be doomed.
and the teachers by not saying anything to them they are helping to make society worse

If you bully someone , consider yourself as human scum and overall you shouldn't exist. and if you are a teacher who neither does anything about stuff like this , you can also describe yourself as society scum

I laugh at bullies at how pitiful they are.
They are just envious and seeing them simply makes me have a more positive aspect about myself, being grateful for being nothing like them. :mad:

Last edited:
Bullying is awful and I hope no one has to go through it.
I'm bullied for a bump on my nose. I'll have people call me big nose when they walk past me and stuff. I've kind of just learnt to accept my nose as it is and know that these kids are just dumb.

I got bullied a lot as a kid, but later I noticed that most of bullies were the ones feeling bad about themselves, the ones having insecurities, the ones mentally unstable and also the ones being bullied too. Sometimes it's just people wanting attention.

There was a guy at high school who was rather nasty with people, one day I saw him in the mall with his father, he looked like a puppy trying to get affection, his father was treating him like *****. No wonder he was like that with other people. I felt sorry for him.

are you acutally serious that one ******* said the people who died at that pulse nightclub deserved it?!
this is the kind of people who make society everyday a little more horrible and overall this people better not have kids or our future will be doomed.
and the teachers by not saying anything to them they are helping to make society worse

If you bully someone , consider yourself as human scum and overall you shouldn't exist. and if you are a teacher who neither does anything about stuff like this , you can also describe yourself as society scum

yes, the day after it happened our teacher brought it up ( i dont remember exactly why but it was very much "this horrible thing has happened", not a discussion on gay people) and that dude said "good" and "they deserved it". i told him to shut the **** up, 50 people had been murdered and it wasnt a time for him to say his homophobic dumb ****. the teacher also reacted and siad that that was a horrible thing to say and it wasnt ok to say things like that but yah .
things like that didn't happen daily but my last school was filled with homophobia and transphobia and it was really bad. one time in sex ed the teacher brought up lgbt (or hbt as in homosexual bisexual transsexual :') which is an outdated term here but ok) and it turned into a discussion on how some people wanted to hit gay people and if their friends came out as gay they would try to "cure" them.

a majority of my classmates weren't loudly homophobic or transphobic but they were all watching, doing nothing. they would laugh at the gay jokes and hang with the homophobes so w/e lmao im glad to be out of that **** hole.

haha yeah i sure hope they dont have any children. we dont need more people like them in this world.

o hey this thread was made on my birthday

surprisingly I've never really been bullied. the closest thing to it would be when a girl said "I feel sorry for her boyfriend" and i wasnt even dating anyone at the time.
I know like 2 kids that are being bullied. A kid in my math class who's very fidgety and talks to himself, and my friend who idrk what he's being bullied about.

I've, more often than not, felt like the bully. I apologize though, and lately I've been much more controlling of myself. I've never actually said anything that harsh (unless I know the person will know it's a joke) but it still feels pretty bad.

On the other end of the spectrum, I've definitely been teased, but nothing too bad.

Last edited:
I was bullied in school yeah, it was terrible and it hurt - but in retrospective I couldn't care less and it doesn't mean anything anymore. Like, it got to a point where I just wanted to kill myself and now it means nothing.

I understand that being put in that position is hard, especially for a young teenager. No amount of advice can change how you feel about it, but I'd advice to talk back in a kind and calmed down way.

I used to talk back angrily and it made the situation 200% worse. They will laugh about whatever you will say and throw everything back at you, so just be genuine and kind and don't tell them any personal information.

You should also go talk to a teacher you trust / like and get them to talk to the students. I know it's scary thinking that it will make things worse, but if they hear an adult saying that their behaviour is not okay, it might help.

- - - Post Merge - - -

and if you are a teacher who neither does anything about stuff like this , you can also describe yourself as society scum

One time I got picked on in the front row of the class to the point where I'd cry and they would laugh and the teacher didn't even give a ****. Like, that just sticks with you for the rest of your life tbh.

One time I got picked on in the front row of the class to the point where I'd cry and they would laugh and the teacher didn't even give a ****. Like, that just sticks with you for the rest of your life tbh.

I remember in a certain subject where we were doing coursework. I ended up writing in some of it how teachers can be so oblivious and stupid because sometimes they noticed but they didn't do anything about it. I wrote how I watched people in class get bullied and it was completely obvious. The teacher(s) would just stop and stare then continue the lesson where it would continue on and on. This is the only time I spoke up about it because I didn't know if the people who were being bullied wanted anything said or not.
I ended up getting a B, however I was put in the bottom class with the kids who were obnoxious and bullied others, including me. Strange.

Woooow what a bunch of ****ing *******s. My brother once said bullying "helps improve social skills" I was about to throw him out of my ****ing car because ummmm no bullying makes socializing much harder for them and lowers their self esteem and second of all if it's something like Mesophonia or something else they literally can't help how the hell does bullying make it any better? It makes me sick -___-

I was bullied a lot in school because I was (and still am) very socially awkward and people literally thought I was "********". I don't have any specific disorders besides ADD and stress issues but I feel like I may be autistic due to some symptoms and my therapist said she thinks so too. I don't know for sure though.

i was bullied for doing something i didn't even do. one of my (now) friends started this stupid drama that i was a bad person who stole boyfriends and i was incredibly sad and bullied every day, as she would spam my social media with rude comments. it made the rest of my sixth grade year hell, and even if i tried talking to her about it and trying to tell her i didn't do whatever she thought i did, she thought i was making excuses and got even crazier. it was a sad year.

Back