• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Bullies

MayorJudyOfZootopia

Purrl's BSBFF
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Isabelle
Isabelle
New Leaf Token
Red Candy
Yellow Candy
Lobo
Flea
May Birthstone (Emerald)
White Cosmos
White Cosmos
I have Mesophonia and i get bullied for hating the sounds of sniffling, and clicking... I also get bullied for being with my boyfriend...

Example One: Today I was walking down the hall, then someone jumpscared me by screaming "ACHOO" at me... indicating my annoyance towards the sound of sniffling

Example Two: Yesterday, me and my boyfriend were kissing at the bus stop and these idiots said "WE SEE YOU!" and started to laugh... my boyfriend said "Asshats" and flipped them off...

So are you bullied? What for...? this is my first time i am coming out of my shell about my Mesophonia.... its embarrassing... please be polite to the bully victims on this thread, including me

What grade are you in? Both examples sound like annoying teasing to me. They think they're being funny, but aren't.

I used to get bullied for being gay, just by random groups of people. That was in 2010 or 2011, I think. Thank god for Lady Gaga, is all I'm gonna say about that. But it's best just to ignore them. I know it can be tough, but you can't sink to their level and throw insults at them. Hopefully your boyfriend can protect you if some asshat comes along and tries to actually hurt you.

Hmm I've never been bullied; there's been none in any of my schools.

I do get teased a lot about my height and skin colour, (e.g: I'm part of ISIS xD) but I don't take too much offence to it haha

It's very sad to hear that you're going through this, being bullied is really terrible and it's horrible that people bully other people for mental illnesses and things that they can't control, it just makes things worse and some people don't realise how their little 'joke' or 'bit of fun' can literally ruin people's lives. It's good that you have your boyfriend there with you though, hopefully things get better for you soon!

Last edited:
Having Mesophonia is what make you unique and different from the other people in the world.
- i know it sounds cheesy but it's so true.

so true? its something lots of people suffer

it's cheesy rather than unique

i have misophonia due to my autism, it sucks. i always hide my hatred really well tho, i usually put in earbuds and lisetn to music or count inside of my head to not concentrate on it.

anyways, yeah i was bullied a lot when i was younger. my only "friends" froze me out and were rly crappy to me. they basically did their best to let me know that i was unlikeable, worthless and that no one wanted to be with me.
my entire class hated me. they used to say mean stuff to me, tell me i was a murderer (i still get called that today lol), hit me (i hit them back tho) or generally just tease and mock me. i was at one point told by a teacher a sht ton of bad stuff kids in my class had said about me, as a way to help me "improve" myself lmaooo i still feel like crap because of that to this day and i honestly want to stab that teacher in the throat with a pen but that's not really socially acceptable to say so :')

I got bullied pretty bad in 6th grade...pre-teens are brutal, judgmental, and very mean. I was made fun of for my appearance, the clothing I wore (non-name brands because I couldn't afford them), being shy, and even physical too; erasers thrown at me I remember, and kids would push me too.

But over a decade later, I realize they were just kids and it doesn't affect me. Adults are much nicer, and I never dealt with a bully in high school, and especially in university where everyone is mostly nice lol. The whole "it gets better," is 100% true.
I'm a smart girl, I know I'm attractive, and to be honest I have a much better life, education, and family than those who bullied me so in the end I just feel bad for them.

I don't really see how they are bullying you because of your boyfriend. They aren't really doing anything mean by saying "We see you!" and I don't see why you should be embarrassed about being with your boyfriend.

For the mesophonia, have you tried wearing headphones and listening to music to block out the irritating noises? I do it all the time when my mom starts to sing or drum (terribly) to the car radio.

i used to get bullied for writing fan fictions, and just in general. i admit, i had a really shtty style in 6th and 7th grade. always wore the same sweater, jeans and shoes - it was rare for me to make an outfit change because i was really insecure about everything. so i'd get bullied for wearing the same clothes all the time. i stopped doing that in 8th grade. by then, i gained a lot more confidence and turned into that person who refuses to wear the same shirt or pants as last week. i want to say i'm over it because i actually havent been bullied since years ago, but if i get too in depth when bringing up those memories, i do get pretty pissed and sensitive. luckily, nearly everyone has matured a bit once going into highschool and nobody was shallow enough to bully people for stupid things (appearance, disabilities, intelligence, etc). at least, not as much as before.

I'm not going to be very direct this time but as a child growing up I got bullied everyday because of my skin color and culture. I've been called every name in the book, ganged up in in front of dozens of people, even adults picked on me and treated me like I was ********. I've also been bullied on TBT for writing stories in my blog last year.

We'd have trouble hanging out irl. I have a messed up nose and sniff CONSTANTLY.

Anyway, yah I used to be bullied for having mental issues, and my phobia which I won't share. Well I didn't get "bullied" for my phobia per se, but people handled it EXTREMELY poorly and didn't take it seriously. My dad even didn't take it seriously at first, now if I encounter the thing, he'll give me a big bear hug until I stop crying.
Back to bullying, though, my friends I had in freshman year of high school started bullying me after I started developing schizo-type symptoms. I was generally bullied through being ignored, people making plans for things and purposefully ignoring me in front of me, and simply not treating me like a human being. My depression actually is severely triggered by being ignored nowadays because of this. Same with being left out, or plans being made in front of me and intentionally not inviting me (which rarely happens anyway).

I'm so sorry to hear you're being bullied. It really can change your entire life. There's absolutely no reason or excuse for it. People should be punished or taught better not to do crap like this. It's utterly disgusting, and makes me sick to think people like that exist. Luckily once you get out of high school, most of that stops anyway. Of course if you work in a place with younger people, you're bound to see some of these trends. At least at work, you can report it easier.

I loathe bullying so much!!!! I've told my kids to always stand up for yourselves and to never let a bully take you down mentally. BUT to never bully another bully back, because as badly as they can treat someone, you never know what that person is going through. That person could be being abused at home. That person could be starving, or living with parents that are drug addicts. I am not condoning bullying in any way, please don't get me wrong. But I know lots of things that kids (and adults) do/say to bully someone else came from another place. I tell my kids to always be the bigger and better person and to never cheapen themselves by going down to the same level as a bully. All 4 of my kids wear glasses. 3 are going through puberty and have acne right now. BUT they are all great kids and I am very proud of their confidence of knowing who they are and what they believe in.

I know how it feels to bullied, after being too afraid to go into school up until year 11 and by then I had missed more than half of my education, I'm not going to go into it too much but there was this kid who was in my year from Malta and he bullied me because I had blonde hair unlike anyone else, my advice to you would be just to ignore them and get on with life, because in life you will meet people who are horrible to you

I loathe bullying so much!!!! I've told my kids to always stand up for yourselves and to never let a bully take you down mentally. BUT to never bully another bully back, because as badly as they can treat someone, you never know what that person is going through. That person could be being abused at home. That person could be starving, or living with parents that are drug addicts. I am not condoning bullying in any way, please don't get me wrong. But I know lots of things that kids (and adults) do/say to bully someone else came from another place. I tell my kids to always be the bigger and better person and to never cheapen themselves by going down to the same level as a bully. All 4 of my kids wear glasses. 3 are going through puberty and have acne right now. BUT they are all great kids and I am very proud of their confidence of knowing who they are and what they believe in.

Ignore how creepy this will sound but I wish my mother was more like you, in the sense that you are proud of your kids for being their own person.

I got bullied (though I call it emotionally abused) by my mother far more often than any kid at school. I technically still am being bullied by her but I havent been letting it effect me as much as before. She viewed us kids as mini versions of herself so she mainly bullied me for not being like her.

Ignore how creepy this will sound but I wish my mother was more like you, in the sense that you are proud of your kids for being their own person.

I got bullied (though I call it emotionally abused) by my mother far more often than any kid at school. I technically still am being bullied by her but I havent been letting it effect me as much as before. She viewed us kids as mini versions of herself so she mainly bullied me for not being like her.

I am so sorry. I truly hate that for you. Every person is their own person. We're all individuals. I can understand parents WANTING their children to be like them, but other than giving them guidelines (and definitely SOME personal restrictions) our children have to learn who they are themselves. From experiences, from watching the way our parents choose to handle situations. We/they don't always make the right choices but we use the choices we make to determine the decisions that we later choose. Your mom may prove to do that one day. Being a parent is the hardest choice I ever made, but my decision to always truly hear my kids and respect them and to hear my hubs and respect him, has led me to know I am trying to be the best I can and to be a mother I can be proud of by being proud of my kids, and my hubs. My kids don't always choose to make the best decisions. For example, Some lie, on occasion to try and get out of trouble, but I remind them that a past lie doesn't have to be present. That they can always change their story to true so that their future will be honest.

I am so sorry. I truly hate that for you. Every person is their own person. We're all individuals. I can understand parents WANTING their children to be like them, but other than giving them guidelines (and definitely SOME personal restrictions) our children have to learn who they are themselves. From experiences, from watching the way our parents choose to handle situations. We/they don't always make the right choices but we use the choices we make to determine the decisions that we later choose. Your mom may prove to do that one day. Being a parent is the hardest choice I ever made, but my decision to always truly hear my kids and respect them and to hear my hubs and respect him, has led me to know I am trying to be the best I can and to be a mother I can be proud of by being proud of my kids, and my hubs. My kids don't always choose to make the best decisions. For example, Some lie, on occasion to try and get out of trouble, but I remind them that a past lie doesn't have to be present. That they can always change their story to true so that their future will be honest.

I had to hug my mum after reading this

Awh that's really terrible. I'm so sorry you have to deal with this!

None of this is direct bullying for me, but in my group of friends people tell lies about me or stretch the truth about things I say, and it results in the others disliking me. I mean I was driven out of the group chat. They made a poll on whether I should go back in or not and yes for going in won, but the person who made the poll refuses to add me back in. And it's been two weeks since the poll won.

Back