New to 3DS XL and Animal Crossing!

heatherbrieanna

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hi there, my name is Heather!

On May 04 I got a 3ds xl and the first game I purchased was Animal Crossing: New Leaf. I played for the first time back in the Gamecube days and fell in love with the series. I later played Wild World on the original DS and took a looooong break from handhelds and now I'm back! Woo hoo!

I've had a blast playing ACNL for the past few weeks but now I am trying to submerge myself deeper in to the community because who doesn't love a good gamer community to sit back and discuss things with!? Like-minded people are my kind of people.

Recently I have been trying to decide which game I will get for my second game! I am totally torn between a few different ones because I feel like there are so many good ones! I made the mistake of ordering MySims off of Ebay, popped it in and played for all of about three minutes before shutting it off because I made the horrid mistake of purchasing an old game for a new device. Anyhoo, so I'm trying to figure out which game to get for my 3ds next. I am torn between getting a Harvest Moon game or a Pokemon game. And of course torn on WHICH of each to get because there seems to be so many mixed reviews, which are what I mostly take in to consideration when trying to decide what to get.

Anyways, I am looking forward to being a part of the community and getting to know you guys! Game on!

Heather

Welcome to the forums! ;u;
I'd personally go with a Pokemon Game, X and Y are good, but then again so are Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire! c:

Welcome to the forums!

Definitely recommend Pok?mon ORAS! It has up to date stuff that X and Y doesn't such as mega evolutions, mechanics and graphics.

Welcome!
I love MySims, but I do agree with the DS version. It was just not the best version of that game.

Welcome to the forums! I would get a Pokemon game. If you have never played one I would go with X or Y because they're significantly easier. ORAS has more legendaries available if you're interested in catching the all though, but I adore both regions.

Hi, welcome to the forums! I'd just like to say good choice with buying an xl! Back in 2012 I got a very small purple 3ds and now comparing it to my xl I can't even believe I played on screens as small as my purple 3ds haha! I would recommend Super Smash Bro's if you like fighting games. Also another game I can recommend is tomodatchi life, it's actually pretty addictive! Not to mention fun when you can make any otp work ^-^ haha!

Welcome! I'm not a particularly active member of the community, but I always enjoy my time on the Bell Tree Forums! We also seem to have a similar taste in games~ I personally love Pokemon X, it really revived my love of the series that started to dull with the black and white games (not that they weren't good, I just wasn't as drawn to them for some reason!). As for Harvest Moon, I haven't gotten a chance to play Story of Seasons, but I have been playing A New Beginning since its release, and I can highlight a few things!

With HMANB, the start of the game is incredibly slow, and a ton of players just drop off. I am not a fan of a slow start myself, and ended up putting the game down for months until I randomly found the determination to press on. The characters develop slowly, in a somewhat more realistic manner. Their personality faults are QUITE apparent, but it adds more to the game-play in my opinion. If you manage to push through the slow start, I find that the game gets much more interesting once your town begins to expand. The interactions develop nicely, but some characters stop developing past a certain point.

If you've played friends of mineral town for the GBA, you may remember that Gray starts off very rude, but quickly develops and shows the player that he has a soft side. Neil is a similar character in ANB, but he never quite gets comfortable with you. Even after marriage, he seems to just not be able to open up completely. Despite these issues, the infuriating gardening show (a new-ish monthly event), and many spelling / grammar issues that were missed in editing, I find the game to be quite charming. I take breaks from it, but still return to the game frequently, as there's always something you can change around or improve. A highlight for this game that is often overwhelming to players is the town customization. It's a bit much at first, but once I got used to it, I had a blast messing around with everything! Another downside though, is that the community for ANB is pretty dead, the game is quite out-of-date, so not many people get on the multiplayer anymore (kind of sad, I really miss seeing all the full multiplayer rooms!)

If you're looking for a slow game with long-term playability, I'd recommend HM:ANB. If you prefer a faster game with emotional charge, I'd say Pokemon X or Y. If you're looking for some nostalgia, Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire are also great!

Sorry for all my rambling! If you're interested in ANB multiplayer stuff, or if you enjoyed my game rambling, feel free to message me!

Welcome to the forums heatherbrieanna, I am new to the forums too!, I joined last night!. I have a 3DS aqua blue console & I have a blue & black 3DS XL console & I bought the new 3DS XL Metallic blue console when that was released on 13th Feb 2014. My first 3DS game was also Animal crossing new leaf, I bought that on release day when I bought my 3DS Aqua blue console. I joined the forums because I don't have any friends added on my 3DS. I play online on AC:NL by going to the island, I joined club tortimer so I could play online but I can't have friends visit my town. I have 2 copies of AC:NL I bought the 2nd copy for my nephew because he liked playing it but now he's not interested at all so I started a new game & I use it as my 2nd town.

Back