• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Why aren't there more restocks?

Trundle

Voted Best RPer (TBT Awards 2016)
Bells
Blue Hybrid Pansy
Golden Watering Can
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Pansy
White Pansy
White Pansy
Why aren't the mods putting more items in the shop? Some of us have families and can't spend all day refreshing the site. :lemon:

Thanks.

Let me ask why it's a 4am

Racists

- - - Post Merge - - -

Joking, Mods, I'm grateful for any restocks at all xD

I guess the admins like to reward people who have a ton of free time to waste hoarding collectibles.

Why aren't the mods putting more items in the shop? Some of us have families and can't spend all day refreshing the site. :lemon:

Thanks.

Okay I am going to VENT, it makes me angry to have new collectibles like cake put up and never even know about it. SOME OF US HAVE REAL jobs and families that we have to take care of and then to see lots of people with their sidebars completely covered with the same Items. Some of us also like helping others on here and do NICE things, Greed is not NICE.

Okay I am going to VENT, it makes me angry to have new collectibles like cake put up and never even know about it. SOME OF US HAVE REAL jobs and families that we have to take care of and then to see lots of people with their sidebars completely covered with the same Items. Some of us also like helping others on here and do NICE things, Greed is not NICE.

I totally agree.

Last time a restock happened I peed in a bottle from waiting for so long. It was a memorable Mother's Day.

I agree, not everyone can sit around and refresh until their fingers fall off -_-

this so much
especially when it's the exact same people not naming names and they always immediately resell at the highest end of the guide price or inflate it

Like.... if I get a lot from this restock I plan on reselling and deflating a lot of stuff (especially the peaches and apples), since I'd rather someone get a cheap rare collectible than have a little bit of extra tbt in my pocket. It's sorta a win/win, people get cheap peaches and apples, and I'll hopefully get enough to finally get a hammer

Jav, once again, you're the greatness of TBT.
Believe it or not, some of us have lives. I may sit in front of the computer for a while, but I'm not gonna go onto the shop and keep pressing refresh.
Like Nightmares, I'm also a Brit, I can't do 4am. Maybe on Saturdays and Fridays, when I don't have school the next day.
Like, please mods. Think of the poor people who have other things to do than live on a forum ;-;

here's the reason why.

The way the market is now, more restocks would literally destroy the system. Have you ever heard of inflation? Printing mass amounts of money makes prices go up and the value of money to go down. so it is with restocks. say they restocked 100 more pokeballs, the value of Pokeballs would plummet and the shop value for them would have to go up, meaning you pay more and sell for less. Plus, the people who payed 20k for a pokeball earlier just got screwed because now they're practically worthless.

Restocks are rare because if more and more collectibles are thrown into the market then the value for them ceases to exist and we can't even sell our goods anymore. the end.

That being said, more restocks could be done if we had more types of collectibles... I would like to see many, MANY more collectibles in much more variety than the ones we have now. if we only print a few of each collectible but make tons of different types, we can sell more collectibles without inflation and it would actually boost the buying/selling/trading market a TON.

Hire me for project staff plz Justin I will make it happen

Last edited:
here's the reason why.

The way the market is now, more restocks would literally destroy the system. Have you ever heard of inflation? Printing mass amounts of money makes prices go up and the value of money to go down. so it is with restocks. say they restocked 100 more pokeballs, the value of Pokeballs would plummet and the shop value for them would have to go up, meaning you pay more and sell for less. Plus, the people who payed 20k for a pokeball earlier just got screwed because now they're practically worthless.

Restocks are rare because if more and more collectibles are thrown into the market then the value for them ceases to exist and we can't even sell our goods anymore. the end.

That being said, more restocks could be done if we had more types of collectibles... I would like to see many, MANY more collectibles in much more variety than the ones we have now. if we only print a few of each collectible but make tons of different types, we can sell more collectibles without inflation and it would actually boost the buying/selling/trading market a TON.

Hire me for project staff plz Justin I will make it happen

Donald Trump thinks it works

being serious for a moment, pokeball collectibles dont fit the (already flawed) argument against restocking. The pokeballs were originally sold in the forum shop for 74 tbt, i think for a solid week. If you read old threads you'll see practically everyone posting on the forums then with any regularity managed to snag one. They weren't intended to be super rare. They are only super rare now because so many members owning one have gone inactive. They were created to celebrate the release of Pokemon X/Y. It would be totally appropriate and consistent for more pokeball collectibles to be sold in the forum shop later this year when Pokemon Sun/Moon gets released by Nintendo.

being serious for a moment, pokeball collectibles dont fit the (already flawed) argument against restocking. The pokeballs were originally sold in the forum shop for 74 tbt, i think for a solid week. If you read old threads you'll see practically everyone posting on the forums then with any regularity managed to snag one. They weren't intended to be super rare. They are only super rare now because so many members owning one have gone inactive. They were created to celebrate the release of Pokemon X/Y. It would be totally appropriate and consistent for more pokeball collectibles to be sold in the forum shop later this year when Pokemon Sun/Moon gets released by Nintendo.

"already flawed?" what's flawed about it? please elaborate.

Also, I have no clue as to how or when Pokeballs were distributed, it was simply an example.

It's more because collectibles weren't all that popular when Pok?balls were released, several older members mentioned seeing stuff like the chocolate cake (or even the Pok?ball) in shop and just not buying it. Having more Pok?balls would be gr8 but putting them in the shop again now that collectibles are so popular would be such a headache, with the site lag from people refreshing the shop and then the inevitable pages of complaints from people who couldn't buy one. I think that's why a raffle was used to release a few more in 2014, instead of an actual shop restock.

Back