• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

6,500,000 Posts Restock Bonanza!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm curious if the admins ever considered making all the collectibles in the shop unlimited but increase the amount that they cost by a high percentage so that they'll still be considered "rare".

It's definitely come up before! That's the kind of major change that I don't see being fair to happen retroactively now though, but that doesn't mean it can't be used for a future collectible. I've long identified that's the one "category" we don't really use.

I'm curious if the admins ever considered making all the collectibles in the shop unlimited but increase the amount that they cost by a high percentage so that they'll still be considered "rare".

I'm sure they considered it, but I guess they like the idea of people "trading" collectibles instead of just buying from the shop. Unfortunately, it doesn't really work out that way because most people cannot get a hold of any collectibles at all.

what about premium shop which is in plenitful stock and expensive and the cheap shop (the shop rn) and limited

I'm getting fiber internet in like 2 months so I hope I can snag stuff then lool.

honestly I kind of feel like older limited stuff should become less limited over time, and in their place new limited collectibles can show up

and I don't mean a bit more stock less limited, but like taking の as an example, changing so they maybe start adding 20 or so per restock for it

for comparison example, you could think of it as a rare and highly valuable card being reprinted as a lesser rarity much later

Inb4 all limited collectibles become 42000 bells

I'm sure they considered it, but I guess they like the idea of people "trading" collectibles instead of just buying from the shop. Unfortunately, it doesn't really work out that way because most people cannot get a hold of any collectibles at all.

We do like the trading aspect and I know that's actually what many collectors enjoy here. There's a certain appeal for some people just to the trading side and they'd find it boring to just purchase everything from the Shop directly. Couldn't say exactly how many and I definitely wouldn't say it's anywhere near everyone, but I feel it's significant.

what about premium shop which is in plenitful stock and expensive and the cheap shop (the shop rn) and limited

Also been discussed. I have a few ideas that are similar to this concept but more creative which may be explored later this year. Can't really talk about that now though.

honestly I kind of feel like older limited stuff should become less limited over time, and in their place new limited collectibles can show up

and I don't mean a bit more stock less limited, but like taking の as an example, changing so they maybe start adding 20 or so per restock for it

for comparison example, you could think of it as a rare and highly valuable card being reprinted as a lesser rarity much later

I do agree with this on some account. In fact I'd argue we already do this for some items, the fruits in particular. We have to careful not to create an endless collectible 'treadmill' too though. The scenario you suggest where there are constantly new ones replacing the older ones would probably require a significantly faster pace of release for it to work.

Inb4 all limited collectibles become 42000 bells

This is funny but probably wouldn't be too far off from reality. I think people tend to underestimate how expensive they would need to be to create any real rarity.

We do like the trading aspect and I know that's actually what many collectors enjoy here. There's a certain appeal for some people just to the trading side and they'd find it boring to just purchase everything from the Shop directly. Couldn't say exactly how many and I definitely wouldn't say it's anywhere near everyone, but I feel it's significant.

Well maybe you could make it so that people can't choose which collectibles they want from the shop, but just get a random one when there is a restock so there is more trading. Since the shop prices for everything except the hammer are roughly the same, I think it would be fun to have people pay 100-200 TBT to get a mystery collectible.

Well maybe you could make it so that people can't choose which collectibles they want from the shop, but just get a random one when there is a restock so there is more trading. Since the shop prices for everything except the hammer are roughly the same, I think it would be fun to have people pay 100-200 TBT to get a mystery collectible.

We definitely like the concept of mystery or randomness. :) I assure you nobody is short on ideas but there's a world of a difference between an idea and implementation.

A mystery box collectible, that would be so cool, like a mario kart mystery box. I mean it could have tiers of items you may find inside, like 50 tbt is baby tier- common items- tasty cake, etc etc, 200 tbt- common or rare items, chance of both, like cherries, stale cake, common fruits, and then like 1k tbt- mid tier items/rare items- houses, high end fruits, etc etc. It could be cool is all

They sort of did the "mystery collectible" during the Christmas event with the presents.

We definitely like the concept of mystery or randomness. :) I assure you nobody is short on ideas but there's a world of a difference between an idea and implementation.

If it's possible, I think it would be cool for a restock to release a "pool" of 1,000 collectibles for example, but have most of those be common collectibles like pears, oranges, and cosmos and have people pay some amount of TBT for a chance to win a rare collectible. At least that way, theoretically no one comes away with items being taken out of their cart or things like that but either end up with a rare collectible or a common collectible depending on their luck. It would be like buying a pack of trading cards almost. Of course like you said, implementation could be a real challenge.

Last edited:
Guys, you know who you are, and I won't mention you by name, so you don't get bombarded by everyone, thank you so much for my teal letter. Tears still in my eyes as one of you I've known for a good while, but am still overwhelmed by your kindness, and one whom I just met, and was stunned (and thank you Jacob and Zane for trying and suggesting, you are both also so awesome!!!) I'm not going to air how bad my day was but you guys just made such a bright spot from a very dark day. Thank you all so much!!!!

//collectiblegasming finally got all the letters, such a relief

Congrats Hayden you lucky duck! Everything in your line up, but the cakes, are things I need to have one of everything, gonna get there someday

I hate to sound like Pollyanna about this... but you have to sort of look at the upside of the restock thing. I know a lot of you missed out on getting stuff you wanted, but because you guys talked about it on this thread, wallowed in misery together, etc. I bet some of you got to know a lot of other people better. It's always good to make friends, yes? :)

Random thought, some of tags below are awesome. So funny!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back