Pokémon How pokémon changed our life

V-drift

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Lobo
Tasty Cake
With the whole hype of Pok?mon Sun and Moon now after official released of the legendaries and the starter pok?mons, I think we should all start remember why we started playing pok?mon, why we love it, and how it affected us. Although at first I wanted to wait until thanksgiving, I though we should start appreciating while the hype is still strong. But I think it is best we remember the main reason we love pok?mon with the help of a very kindhearted girl, Tamashii Hiroka.

When you think about it, a lot of us do not see pok?mon how a few others do. Like Tamashii says, Pok?mon is not just a coding, or a game, or any other thing others say. To some of us, it started out as our best friends. Because when all else failed, pok?mon was there for us. Needless to say, Pok?mon has helped me get through some hard time with a bit of feelings. It even helped me make friends a lot of times. Although I made friends with more than just pok?mon, this was the first thing that helps me make friends and still does.

I hope while we are all hyped about Pok?mon Sun and Moon, we all remember why we loved pok?mon in the first place. As childish as this all sound, this is pretty much how pok?mon was for me as a kid and it is still the same for me for 18 years. but most of all, I want to thank Tamashii for reminding me all the reasons I loved pok?mon in the first place. If it wasn't for Tamashii uploading this, i wouldn't have remembered.

So tell me, do you guys feel the same way when you played pok?mon in the first place?

I have to agree with everything said... Pok?mon is a beautiful game that has helped me and I'd not be the person I am today without it.

and besides it's the only reason i know the word loamy

Last edited:
I agree with this post. When I was younger I was always the weird girl, but playing Pokemon made me connect with many people I wouldn't have. If I haven't played, or been interested in the game, my life would be completely different. I'm known for being able to connect with the opposite gender, and I've played so many video games in my lifetime. I do not regret picking up that Pokemon Ranger game when I was younger, and I never will.

I am glad to see a few people here agrees with me. Pok?mon series in general has done more than we think when we go look at our past. And again, not just Pok?mon. I bet a few people feel the same way with Naruto or Digimon. But let's keep it to Pok?mon since, this is a Pok?mon forum folder.

The other thing about Pok?mon that made me happy is that no matter how much we grow now, Pok?mon will now and then still be the same for us. It won't matter to us if the designs are worse or the new Pok?mon aren't competitive enough or if their IVs are horrible. Which to be honest, I did lose sight of at first after being embarrassed in public becuase "Oh, you lost the battle for not breeding". But then I said, it doesn't matter. Be it I play competitively or casually, it only matters that we think of them as a special part in our life as to maybe we are a special part of this game's life. Like a little comic I saw lying around facebook a few moment ago. About a female player loving her Bulbasaur and Bulbasaur loving her back whenever she starts playing with him again. And now, I want to believe it is the same to all Pok?mons I encounter and capture.

I'd be here all day typing and rephrasing if I were to say how Pokemon changed my life. It's one of the series that's the most beloved to me and I don't think I'll ever grow old of it.

Well it did indeed change my life by making me feel guilty for brutally murdering the A Button during that annoying unavoidable tutorial.

Last edited:
I stated playing Pokemon when i was 7 ( it was when the remake of Pokemon heartgold and soul silver)
If that add didn't came on i wouldn't be that girl that knew who pikachu or any fire type. That game was always there for me and now we are up to 2k16 and Pokemon sun and moon god how time flys

Pokemon, for me, was a real life changer. Not so much the games themselves, though they do give me a fun way of passing the time, but competitive battling in particular has helped me out a lot in life. I've been playing Pokemon since gen 1, but have only gotten into competitive play a few years ago. I'm not a super serious competitive player, but it's one of the few things I am actually good at. It gives me something to remind myself that, even though it's a virtual monsters fighting game, there is at least /something/ I am good at when I'm feeling down. I've also met one of my good friends through Pokemon and it gives me something in common with some of my other friends, and was a way of bonding with my sister when I was a child. I can't imagine how different my life would be if I didn't have Pokemon.

Pokemon has taught me that there's so much to do in life, and to never give up. A great example of this is gym leader Whitney, and that darn Miltank... It's also taught me to accept other people for who they are. Also, when I watched Tamashii's video, I got a little teary-eyed! The story was so sad, yet so touching and heartwarming! Pokemon has also taught me that it's really fun to bet on animals fighting!!! :D #PETA #STOPPOKEMON #ANIMALCRUELTY #DONTSUEME

Last edited:
I definitely liked Tamashii's video, it spoke to me and I definitely felt a lot of the experiences she mentioned. When I was in middle school, I reclused myself a lot because of bullying. Spent a lot of time playing any and all Pokemon games I could get my hands on, even if I grew bored of it. Went to several Journey Across America events and won my way to nationals in NY via a second chance qualifier. Met so many cool people along the way, nobody judged you and there was plenty of fun to have. Kinda miss the excitement of it all, but I don't have the time to dedicate to learning how to competitively battle or money to flying/drive across the country to see the International stuff.

sometimes i hold off on suicide because i wanna use pokemon go i want to become an actual rainer TBH

Back