• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Question about notifications!

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So I was wondering, is there a way to receive notifications for replies on threads you created? I know you can subscribe to the thread and receive notifications via email however I hardly go on my email. Probably, once a week! so how can I receive notifications, onsite, for replies from other people who are replying to me via quoting in threads not owned by me and also for replies on threads I created? It is really frustrating and annoying when I have to go to find my thread just to check if there are replies, I get really paranoid, what if someone forgets that they wrote something on a thread and forget to check back if someone quoted and replied to their post? does that mean they'll never see the reply?! its really frustrating! Because I am giving away a villager of mine as he is moving out in 5 days and someone replied saying theyll try and get a villager of theirs to move out so they can adopt my villager, I want to reply back telling her extra detail but will she get a notification that I replied back? how can she tell that I replied back! what if she forgets about adopting him and he gets voided!!!! HELP!

If you reply to someone, press the "like" button so they know you replied

No, you don't get notifications for it, but you could like her post on the thread, which will give her a notification. Alternatively, you could VM/PM her to let her know ^~^

Good luck!

you see guys! you both didnt like my post so how are you assured that I will see your replies?! sorry I'm just frustrated, how do you guys know that I would be coming back to check for replies

you see guys! you both didnt like my post so how are you assured that I will see your replies?! sorry I'm just frustrated, how do you guys know that I would be coming back to check for replies

I just went to the thread myself...it's the first result, so it's not like it was hard to find lmao

If your own thread is lost, just go to your recent threads and check. not dat hard m9

If you go here, you can go down to where it says "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change the setting to "Through my control pannel only". Then you can click up top where it says "Settings" and threads yo posted in or created with new posts will appear. Hope this helps ^^

Last edited:
If you go here, you can go down to where it says "Default Thread Subscription Mode" and change the setting to "Through my control pannel only". Then you can click up top where it says "Settings" and threads yo posted in or created with new posts will appear. Hope this helps ^^

Thank u!

i cant see why youre so surprised. several forum boards don't have a ping system, so tbt isn't the only one. you'll just have to do with checking into threads consistently to check for replies. it is tedious, but it'll eventually become a part a routine, i assume. however, i wouldnt waste my time checking into threads in brewsters cafe after posting as often as trading threads.

If you want to make sure someone knows that you've replied to their post, use the like button or VM/PM them. That's what I usually do. If you want to know if someone has replied to your post or not, you just have to check back or subscribe to the thread.

Back