• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Fruit Orchards: Do you have one in your town?

SummerHime

Citizen of Time
Bells
Switch
1062-1772-1342
I'm trying to figure out what to do with my fruit trees and would like to know how you guys handle this! :)

Do you have an orchard / space reserved for fruit trees?

If so, how many do you have there? If not, do you still have a couple of fruit trees all over your town?

Are they aligned? If so, how many spaces do you leave between them?

In my old town, I left three spaces between trees, both vertically and horizontally, but it took a lot of place. I also had many trees in my orchard, maybe 25? However, it was very easy to harvest, since they were all in the same spot. I arranged them like this:

XXOXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
OXXXO

I don't think this is the ideal layout, so I'd like to know what you guys like to do :)

Holy crap your avatar is amazing! and wow! why is the back tree so FAR behind the others lol wow! the way I do it is I have mini orchards around town like:

next to my house (H) I have a mini lemon orchard of six trees like this:
HHHH

I made a park using a mini apple orchard of 6 trees surrounding a bench (S) with Bushes (B) enclosing the area:

OB -BO
B -----B
O -----O
B -----B
O SS -O

and I also put some parallel to paths like I have a persimmon orchard along a path (P) like this:

O PP O
X PP X
O PP O
X PP X
O PP OXOXOXOXO
X PPPPPPPPPPPPP
O PPPPPPPPPPPPP
XXOXOXOXOXOXOX

So what I am getting to is that you can get creative with the ways you do orchards! that way they wont be in on place in town but will be spread out everywhere around the map, these were just 3 examples of mine, Im not saying its correct or its mandatory to do this but I'm just sharing my way of doing it! Also, you may ask if I am limiting a specific fruit to that setup, no I could use a persimmon orchard for a path and another persimmon orchard next to a villagers home! that way there will be mixed varieties of fruits everywhere you go instead of having to go to one part of town for a specific fruit! Hope this helps

Last edited:
I haven't started mine yet, at least neatly, but all my fruit trees are going to be in the lower part on my map. I have bushes spaced evenly around my town square... I might spiral them out from there, so it's still neat but not overwhelming.

I've mostly just got fruit trees all over the place in town.

I did plant a bunch of perfect peaches near Drago's house though.

I was lucky that I got apples as my town fruit, so I line most of my paths with perfect apple trees. I love how they look like candied apples. I did have a small orchard but a villager's house smashed it.

I had a small orchid in my old town with two of each fruit and I had a little area for different fruit baskets.

Thank you very much for your suggestions! ^_^ They all sound much better than my original layout. I thought you had to have a 3x3 space around each tree that was only for that tree and didn't touch the space around other trees XD I realise now that's way too much space.

I also tend to grow fruitless trees around town in other places, do you guys only have fruit trees?

My town's fruit is peaches, which was my second choice (yes those perfect apple look delicious!) I can easily sell those at my husband's town, since his is cherries (those perfect cherries don't look ripe...) I guess since they are worth more, I could use these for profit and other fruits for decoration. I'm trying to get all my villagers on the south side of my town however, so the only space I've got for trees is on the north side.

Holy crap your avatar is amazing! and wow! why is the back tree so FAR behind the others lol wow! the way I do it is I have mini orchards around town like:

next to my house (H) I have a mini lemon orchard of six trees like this:
HHHH

I made a park using a mini apple orchard of 6 trees surrounding a bench (S) with Bushes (B) enclosing the area:

OB -BO
B -----B
O -----O
B -----B
O SS -O

and I also put some parallel to paths like I have a persimmon orchard along a path (P) like this:

O PP O
X PP X
O PP O
X PP X
O PP OXOXOXOXO
X PPPPPPPPPPPPP
O PPPPPPPPPPPPP
XXOXOXOXOXOXOX

So what I am getting to is that you can get creative with the ways you do orchards! that way they wont be in on place in town but will be spread out everywhere around the map, these were just 3 examples of mine, Im not saying its correct or its mandatory to do this but I'm just sharing my way of doing it! Also, you may ask if I am limiting a specific fruit to that setup, no I could use a persimmon orchard for a path and another persimmon orchard next to a villagers home! that way there will be mixed varieties of fruits everywhere you go instead of having to go to one part of town for a specific fruit! Hope this helps

I have one similar to your second. I have a square of paths, with bushes near the corners, and a bench in the south middle. I outlined it with apple trees, and white roses.

No I keep saying I'll build one but I haven't really got around to it. I' am a pretty lazy player.

When I make an orchard, I make my trees look like this.

xoxoxox
xxxxxxx I repeat this for however far I want horizontally and vertically. I can also shape it to my paths.
oxoxoxo

i don't have a big one, though i wish i do; since i have too many pwps scattered about, however i'm working on a garden type thing (fence(F), cherry trees(T), etc.) behind my house, which looks a bit like this:
TTT FFFFF
TTT F---F

--- / \
---HHHH
---HHHH
---HHHH

and a small lemon grove surrounding a fountain(F) like this:

T T T T
T---f--T
T------T
T T T T

but that's pretty much it unfortunately

Last edited:
I put a row of perfect fruit on the right side of the train track.
Also have them around the event plaza with Cedar trees. It's perfect apples and than a cedar tree. It's very pretty when the trees light up during Winter. Also place them in a upside down U with a stump at the bottom and the outdoor chair in the middle. It's by the Caf? and it's a nice hiding spot.

Just have one tree of all the native fruit and a few lemon trees for color behind Miss Tutu house.
I have another town that just grows perfect fruit so the main town is just for show.

I keep perfect peaches scattered (randomly let's be honest haha) across the lower half of my town, and non-native fruits near the cliffs. I have pine trees on the upper half :)

I have a small orchard near the cliffs by the upper waterfall on the north side of my river, i think ive got three each of cherry, apple, and peach trees there. my native fruit is pears, and pear trees are scattered all over my town. Kiki's house destroyed my perfect pear tree orchard, which I haven't replaced yet. I have a few orange trees clustered near my house. I don't really take the time to mine my trees for profit, mostly i just grab fruits for villager requests...

I've had some when I first started the game and was in the developing stages. Plus, I used them to make money but I don't really have them in any of my towns. I do miss them though.

I tend to line my trees up with a single space between them in different areas. All along the fence in front of the train tracks I have my orange trees lined up. I planted lots of cherry trees around Margie's house. (because in the AC anime she talks about cherries and making cherry pie.) The others are scattered about, but not in a chaotic way. ^_^

I have a small orchard in the corner of my town. I want to build a bigger orchard at one point, but I'm too focused on my paths and landscaping to really do it.

Back