• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Wild World Wiimmfi

kwark

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Has anyone tried Wild World via Wiimmfi yet?

I can't find any tutorial on how to make it work on a DS.

Hey! I was just looking for more people who wanted to do it! The community is SO SMALL. You need an action replay. Do you have one? I was debating getting an action replay but ended up not getting one because nobody wanted to play with me anyways.

Also, not sure if you actually mean Wiimmfi or altwfc but I'm talking about altwfc. Pretty sure wiimmfi is only for wii but I could be wrong. scroll \/

Last edited:
Hey! I was just looking for more people who wanted to do it! The community is SO SMALL. You need an action replay. Do you have one? I was debating getting an action replay but ended up not getting one because nobody wanted to play with me anyways.

Also, not sure if you actually mean Wiimmfi or altwfc but I'm talking about altwfc. Pretty sure wiimmfi is only for wii but I could be wrong.

Just in case you wonder:

Wiimmfi and Altwfc work both for DS

Just in case you wonder:

Wiimmfi and Altwfc work both for DS

Oh I see, I only know how altwfc works though. Do you use wiimmfi on wild world? o: I would be willing to learn how to use that if the community is larger

- - - Post Merge - - -

Edit: I figured out that wiimmfi works the same as altwfc so I can play as soon as I purchase a DS action replay! :D I'm very happy about this, if more people start playing Wild World again then I would be so happy. I had wild world since 2006 and I never got to play online because I had like 0 friends with the game and shared the cartridge with my brother. I really wanna experience it

I've only seen people do CF with wiimmfi but I'm pretty sure it would work on DS with the action replay code the patcher generates.

Last edited:
Update: just purchased an action replay. It's coming on May 13th so I'll keep everyone on this thread updated to see how it works! If I'm able to bypass WFC security I will make a youtube video to raise awareness about it working on Wild World/make my own thread.

EDIT 5/10/16: Shipping shortened to come on May 12th. Will continue to keep you updated.
EDIT 5/11/16: Got it today! Will post as soon as I get into it

Last edited:
I'm getting a black screen every time I enter the Wi-Fi settings. Anyone possibly know the issue?

Are you using wiimmfi or altwfc, maybe I'll know if you tell me even though I've never tried it.

Are you using wiimmfi or altwfc, maybe I'll know if you tell me even though I've never tried it.

I'm not using either at the moment, I don't get a chance to reach the Wi-fi screen to input the new dns

(only when using the AR code, so I'm trying to find a possible alternate code or something along those lines. Works fine when I take the AR out and play, but of course it's blocked which is why i'm using the AR in the first place)

Last edited:
Hey guys. We don't have any issues with this thread as it stands, but please refrain from posting links to hacking devices. Certain things are better left to PM to make sure your posts are within the rules. :blush:

Thanks!

Hey guys. We don't have any issues with this thread as it stands, but please refrain from posting links to hacking devices. Certain things are better left to PM to make sure your posts are within the rules. :blush:

Thanks!

You could have just edited out the links rather than deleting entire posts, but okay...

How do I do this? I'm wanting to play with people on Wi-Fi with Wild World, but don't know anything about this, as well as Action Replay, but could do the same if someone wants to PM me how to do it.

How do I do this? I'm wanting to play with people on Wi-Fi with Wild World, but don't know anything about this, as well as Action Replay, but could do the same if someone wants to PM me how to do it.

I know "how to" but I haven't gotten it to work yet. This is kind of a brain-storming thread for now as I'm still troubleshooting the kinks. Right now I've realized that the WFCpatcher (the program that creates the Action Replay codes) is actually incompatible with Wild World. But on Wiimmfi there have been 38 recorded FC profiles created on that server, so it has to be possible, I just haven't been able to find many answers online.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Taken from the wiki page:

Known incompatible games:

Animal Crossing: Wild World: ARM9 binary gets copied to ITCM before AR has a chance to patch it.

Last edited:
Just wondering, BronzeElf, without really soaking in anything that's been said, could it be that there's a regional issue? For example, could you be looking at some codes for the USA copy and you own a EUR copy?

By the way, there are multiple versions of some titles such as Mario 64 DS to patch bugs, mostly freezes and such, including Wild World! So yeah, make sure you're using the right codes and such.

Just wondering, BronzeElf, without really soaking in anything that's been said, could it be that there's a regional issue? For example, could you be looking at some codes for the USA copy and you own a EUR copy?

By the way, there are multiple versions of some titles such as Mario 64 DS to patch bugs, mostly freezes and such, including Wild World! So yeah, make sure you're using the right codes and such.

I have a US copy. The wfcpatcher works with copies for all roms. It's not about region because the WFCpatcher gave me 2 different AR codes depending on if it was the JP rom or the US rom. (And I'm using the US rom for my US cartridge) But WW is incompatible with wfcpatcher so I need to find a new patcher specifically to fix Wild World.

Also I'm not sure which copy of WW I have. I'm welcoming anybody to please try this to help with the troubleshooting process. Just look up WFCpatcher, patch a WW rom of your region, and read the notepad file it creates which will provide you with the server-bypass Action Replay code.

- - - Post Merge - - -

image.png

directly from the Wiimmfi.de stats to show that profiles have actually been made. (FCs have been given out. 9 people have even played in the last 24 hours.)

Last edited:
I've ordered my Action Replay from the UK last week. I expect it in a few days.

There is just one problem, my router doesn't support WEP. So I have to use an Android device to get on wiimmfi.
The only downside to this, at least I'm being told by my brother, is that I will be paying through the nose if I played Wild World via my Android Wifi hotspot.

I've ordered my Action Replay from the UK last week. I expect it in a few days.

There is just one problem, my router doesn't support WEP. So I have to use an Android device to get on wiimmfi.
The only downside to this, at least I'm being told by my brother, is that I will be paying through the nose if I played Wild World via my Android Wifi hotspot.

Generally 3G is very expensive if you're on Pay & Go. However, there are alternatives for free!

1) Connect a computer with a WiFi card that supports hosting (most do) to your hub with an ethernet cable and enable WEP hosting. Instructions vary by operating system.

2) Connect your phone to a WiFi connection then tether it via USB to your computer to use your computer to host a WiFi connection, as most WiFi cards cannot be a client and host simultaneously.

3) Just fiddle with your hub's settings. Instructions should be easy to find online, though I can personally walk you through it if you just happen to have a BT hub by some chance. Should have read your post properly, huh?

Please note that I could never get the WEP connection to work with a password so had to go without one. Due to the low security, this means neighbours and passers-by can connect and, I don't know, pirate a movie or something. No biggie to be honest, but I'm just saying that you shouldn't leave a WEP connection open 24/7, even with a password in these modern times.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Also I'm not sure which copy of WW I have. I'm welcoming anybody to please try this to help with the troubleshooting process. Just look up WFCpatcher, patch a WW rom of your region, and read the notepad file it creates which will provide you with the server-bypass Action Replay code.

Sending you a private message right now. Would make it public but... *makes eye contact with Oblivia, Tina, Justin, Murray etc.*

Last edited:
Last edited:
Back