• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

How to not be awful. A step by step guide.

ok.sean

actually not ok
Bells
Switch
7820-3205-7436
Father's Day Carnation
So I met some friends on Club Tortmer the other day, who seemed nice. Not thieves, not rude, and active. We exchanged friend codes, bla bla bla, and went to the island and played the scavenger hunt a few times (we were all sucking tbh), and by the third time he decided to immidiately tell eachother what we needed (you know, to not suck). So this one kid had the ****ing nerve to take one thing we all needed without telling anyone. At the end he would reveal that he had taken one thing us three needed and had the audacity to say these exact words: "BEG FOR IT. BEG FOR YOUR BLUE TABLE." For 3 consecutive games, he did this, and would put us at the last ten seconds each time. Then, he started doing this for just about everything. HE would pick up a gold rose "BEG FOR ME TO PUT IT BACK" or sit on the town tree "BEG FOR ME TO GET DOWN" or block me from getting out of a chair "BEG FOR ME TO MOVE". He also dug up 9 holly bushes.

seriously

ARE YOU SATAN?

And he goes on club tortimer alot (not on TBT and and doesn't even know what a forum is ew)
So if you see Daniel from Bridges, leave immidiately and block him.

HOW TO NOT BE AWFUL
1. DONT DO WHAT THIS IDIOTIC, PLAGUED, NO GOOD, DEADHEADED MULE DID.
BE CONSIDERATE OF OTHER PEOPLE.

Last edited:
I'm adding this one to my list of guides. This is one of the best guides I've seen.

Kinda sad that people do this when interacting with other people in ANimal Crossing, as it's probably the last game people would think of when it comes to people just acting like douches. I only ever go to the island with my sister and we do games and catch stuff. Would be pretty funny if you had gone AFK and he just kept spamming if he thought you were active.

P.S Thanks for sending me some bells when buying my first Julian.

Many of those little devils are less then 13 yo, so I don't waste my time with them. I don't know why but many of them wear crowns and/or sunglasses.

Many of those little devils are less then 13 yo, so I don't waste my time with them. I don't know why but many of them wear crowns and/or sunglasses.

Well, I'm less than thirteen... *Cough Don't Kill me Cough* I do occasionally wear Triangle shades, cause i think of Dirk from Homestuck.

lol i bet that kid got bullied in school, (i wouldve totally bullied him lol)

I don't add anyone from Club Tortimer. You never know what trash you might let into your town. People that don't use a acnl forum typically don't take the game as serious so I usually don't trust them as much. Also they have no wifi ratings, how am I gonna know for sure I can trust them?

- - - Post Merge - - -

thats mean

Is it wrong that I almost laughed out loud at that?

sorry but couldnt u just have like.... flipped the wifi switch or something...

thats mean

buddy, if someone took something from me then told me to BEG for it, then you best believe hes gonna get a good ol' fashioned beat-down

oksean, if you see him next at club Tortimer, just use the block feature so the system won't put you on the island with him again. its in the options when youre at the island

That really sucks. Some people on the island are awful, which is why I usually go alone. I don't see how being a jerk like that is fun.

misread the guide, became satan, thx
but i'm really sorry that person was a jerk and thank you for this reminder to not be a bad person lololol

And they all have towns with just gold roses everywhere and a horrendous path (or none at all)
novice players are painful to watch
"What goes between the dream suite and photo booth?"

- - - Post Merge - - -

sorry but couldnt u just have like.... flipped the wifi switch or something...

thats mean

after the seventh time he did this, I hit the power (no wireless switch on N3DSXL) and deleted him

Last edited:
LOLOL this made my day

This guide needs stickied to be honest, I've encountered so many rude satanic people like this on Club Tortimer I rarely go on there anymore other than to island hop for stuff so I don't have to buy it on here, or to farm pitfall seeds.

Like, even though some of the people on TBT can be slightly offensive or greedy, anyone on TBT is a million times better than anyone from CT, even new members. Another thing to add to the guide would be: avoid socializing with the creeps on CT and stick to TBT and other forums.

Last edited:

I wear the royal crown and 3D glasses, lol. Should I go back to my Wild World combination of a sombrero and gas mask? :p

DONT DO WHAT THIS IDIOTIC, PLAGUED, NO GOOD, ---- DID.
What you've posted is fine in my books but on this forum I suggest you change the word I've cut out. Not really for me to say, but hey, it's just a feeling.

LMAO...
If someone did that to me on Club Tortimer... I would be like Bye now moronic idiot... *turns off Wi-Fi*

- - - Post Merge - - -

I have practiced throughout my educational life (school and college) on being cruel and people annoying me makes them look well and truly pathetic and I have developed an immunity to people annoying me...

Eg. I used to have a troll on this website named BasonJurrows and I actually enjoyed the fact someone took the time out of their day to attempt to annoy me. :)

See... I didn't even get slightly annoyed. :)

Last edited:
I wear the royal crown and 3D glasses, lol. Should I go back to my Wild World combination of a sombrero and gas mask? :p

What you've posted is fine in my books but on this forum I suggest you change the word I've cut out. Not really for me to say, but hey, it's just a feeling.

I was a little iffy about that anyway so I'll go ahead and change it

Last edited:
And they all have towns with just gold roses everywhere and a one-pattern-wide path thats made of one pattern
novice players are painful to watch
"What goes between the dream suite and photo booth?"

- - - Post Merge - - -

after the seventh time he did this, I hit the power (no wireless switch on N3DSXL) and deleted him
ugh. I have a one pattern wide path in my main but it is stepping stones and would look horrendous without the flowers and landscaping surrounding it. Plus since its stepping stones I can increase it to a two block wide path too. Stitches currently has bare stepping stones bc I'm growing flowers to go around it. But it takes a lot of work to make one square paths work and a lot of them ARE painful to look at, so I just create my own stepping stones

Back