• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Reviving ONE smasher from the past

Choose a character you'd want to bring back

• Pichu

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Young Link

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Ivysaur

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Snake

Votes: 20 20.2%

• Total voters
PICHU, I'LL ALWAYS MISS YOU!!!!!!!! Actually, I voted Pichu, but I'd really like to see Ice Climbers as DLC. I don't know why they didn't add them. Can somebody tell me?

Because their dual character gimick they have to them lagged and didn't work on the 3DS Software while it worked on the Wii U Software, and Sakurai wanted the rosters of both games to be the same.

Because their dual character gimick they have to them lagged and didn't work on the 3DS Software while it worked on the Wii U Software, and Sakurai wanted the rosters of both games to be the same.

That's laaaame! Just add them as DLC and say they didn't know that it lags the system.

Ice Climbers, I voted for them on the Smash ballot just in case they could be on both systems, Im so upset there not in the game, I have Rosa now so...yay!

Tough choice between the ice climbers and Squirtle....
I've climbers were seriously cute with their little hammers but I usually opt for the Pokemon characters when I'm playing smash

Last edited:
I don't really miss any of them but if I had to choose then definitely the Ice Climbers, I kinda liked them in Melee and Brawl.

The Ice Climbers may have a chance to return if the can handle them (and I think it will). I really want to see Squirtle or Wolf back, though.

Tbh Snake vs Bayonetta would be badass

lol Snake pls. :p
Ice Climbers are great too. :) inb4 nerfs.

I was actually shocked to see that the Ice Climbers wouldn't be in Smash 4. I never really liked them but the game feels quite wrong without them considering they've been there since Melee. Wolf would've been nice to have back only because Star Fox needs more characters, and only if they revised his moveset to not essentially be a clone of Fox (and Falco to an extent).

i never really missed any of them too much since the only one i really played as was pichu and even then it was only because i think pichu is adorable, not because they're a good character (and because a lot of their moves damage them... they're not).

but if i had to choose to bring a character back, i'd pick the ice climbers. they're pretty unique, and i'd prefer them to be brought back over the others that didn't come back to smash 4 because we already have 6 or 7 pokemon and i feel like having a 3rd link or another character that's similar to fox would be unnecessary. and i never really played any of the metal gear solid games, so...

SNAKE! SNAAAAAAAKE!
But yeah, I want Snake back. Having him in Brawl was hilarious, I didn't play him too much but just him being on the roster is funny to me.

- - - Post Merge - - -

SNAKE! SNAAAAAAAKE!
But yeah, I want Snake back. Having him in Brawl was hilarious, I didn't play him too much but just him being on the roster is funny to me.

Definitely Ice Climbers. Not sure, how high the chances are that they come back in the
next Smash, but I would be happy if there are in the game. Wolf and Snake would be also
nice and I completely forgot about Pichu. Wouldn't mind if Pichu would also come back too,
it was kinda funny to play him back then.

I’d love to see the return of the wireframe or polygon fighters. It made it feel that your fighting your way through a weird B list Sci-fi movie/game. I love it. Not to mention that I found it creepy/cool because i thought that the game was replicating off official characters when I was young :D

The mii fighters are just meh, boring compared to its predecessors.

Last edited:
I didn't know ice climbers had this much fan base LOL
I dont like them at all but i understand ig, I dislike all the others, but snake would be cool

- - - Post Merge - - -

I didn't know ice climbers had this much fan base LOL
I dont like them at all but i understand ig, I dislike all the others, but snake would be cool

Back