• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Smash Bros Reviving ONE smasher from the past

Choose a character you'd want to bring back

• Pichu

Votes: 11 11.1%
  • Young Link

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Ice Climbers

Votes: 38 38.4%
  • Wolf

Votes: 14 14.1%
  • Squirtle

Votes: 6 6.1%
  • Ivysaur

Votes: 4 4.0%
  • Snake

Votes: 20 20.2%

• Total voters

Dim

Keep moving forward
Apple 🍎
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Switch
8579-5303-4501
Toy Hammer
Red Hyacinth
Red Balloon
Red Feather
Red Lily
Tin Robot
Red Pansy
Red Star Fragment
Bloodshot Potion
Red Tulip
There are quite a few characters from the past games that did not make it to the new smash. However, let's say you were somehow granted the oppurtunety to bring back ONE of those characters to the new smash. Which one would it be and why?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I'd pick Ivysaur. He was so fun to play in brawl since day one. I also loved his long range and his powerful Uair. As each day passes I miss playing Ivysaur online more and more. He wasn't as popular as the other characters and his chance of return was obviously close to 0%, but I enjoyed him and he will always be one of my all time favorite characters.

Also, Ivysaur's bar is green. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Wolf, because he's the only interesting one tbh.

None of them
:lemon:
I was thinking of adding that option to the poll at first but I didn't think anyone would actually not want one of those characters to comeback.

Ice Climbers. I was never very good with them, but a lot of people were disappointed with their exclusion so it would be nice to have them back. They were mainstays and had a playstyle all their own, so their absence is the most noticeable to me.

Wolf was neat, but was basically just heavy Fox. He'd probably be second.

Not an MGS fan, so don't miss Snake.

Pichu was kinda terrible.

I liked Young Link, but it would be silly to have three Links.

Squirtle is my favorite Kanto starter these days, but I don't really miss having them in Smash.

As far as Ivysaur goes, I'd honestly prefer Sceptile as a Grass representative. Sceptile would complete the starter trio of Grass, Water, and Fire and it feels kind of awkward that one of the types was just left out. Sceptile's also one of the only Grass starters that is bipedal like Greninja and Charizard, and it would be a nice nod to the different generations of Pokemon throughout the years. Plus, if its Final Smash was its Mega Evolution, it could be a reference to Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire in the same way that Corrin was included to represent Fire Emblem Fates.

Ice climbers were funny af!
blow ice on snitches, smack wit yo hammer

10/10 should resurrect

Ice climbers were funny af!
blow ice on snitches, smack wit yo hammer

10/10 should resurrect
Don't forget to mention their infinite chain grabs. :^)

Although they'd probably fix that haha

Last edited:
My boy Wolf for sure. I don't know howl he didn't make it in Sm4sh. Ice Climbers are a close second.

Ice clambers I used to play a lot with ice clambers they were one of my favorites

I strongly wish Snake could have returned on Smash 4. Damn you konami :/

Ice Climbers are my mains in Melee and Brawl, and i wish they were still with us :(

PICHU, I'LL ALWAYS MISS YOU!!!!!!!! Actually, I voted Pichu, but I'd really like to see Ice Climbers as DLC. I don't know why they didn't add them. Can somebody tell me?

Back