I'm considering getting this game? Is it actually worth it? Is it more than a Mario Party spin-off? Do you HAVE to have all the Amiibo?
You don't have to have all of the different kinds of AC amiibo, though.
This game seems to be pretty hated from what I know, but I actually quite enjoyed it ^^;
It's essentially a Mario Party sort of thing, but with AC
The mini games you can play with the cards are pretty fun, too.
Sig made by Ayla <3
If you can get it for a cheap price, yes. Wouldn't really pay full-price for it personally, but it's not a bad game.
There's a lot of misconceptions with this game and there's a lot of info people don't know about
because Nintendo didn't advertise it right imo. I personally really enjoy it. The game is a mix of Mario Party and Fortune Street imo.
- Everyone has a different town board map
- After playing the board game 2 times, you unlock editting the town villagers (you use the amiibo cards that work for HHD & amiibo festival, 8 villagers max, they can also help roll the dice for you) & you unlock putting up pwps
- You unlock outfits for the amiibo figures
- The mini games are interesting and fun. You have to unlock them. My personal favorites are the Quiz Show & the Desert Island Escape.
- The game is easy to learn so anyone can play it even if they've never played AC.
- The stalk market can make or break your board game experience.
- When you put up pwps, new paths are unlocked for the board game.
- You do not need to buy the other amiibo figures. Only 1 is required to play the game (but if you're trying to unlock everything, play as the amiibo figures and don't bother with the computer players).
- If you play the game by yourself, it can be slow paced/repetitive. I recommend playing in February if you're trying to unlock stuff faster.
- Some of the mini games require you to have at least 6 amiibo cards.
- You can only play as the amiibo figures (but you can roll with your town villagers)
- The board game is very luck-based (but you can strategize with the stalk market & rolling with your town villagers for better chances) & can be repetitive (after you play the board game for the first time, you unlock the rest of the months).
- The human villagers cannot be customized. I personally recommend only playing as the amiibo figures.
- The computer players are crazy lucky with the board game so I don't recommend playing with them much.
I recommend getting this game if you have/are planning to get HHD so you make better use of the amiibo cards. The game is a lot more fun when you're playing with other people. I had friends who never played AC and they really enjoyed it (which was shocking to me). If you're not a fan of Mario Party or Fortune Street, you probably won't enjoy the game.
Hope that helps! :3