What game did you start playing online with?

?

• Wild World! I'm an online veteran!

Votes: 10 24.4%
  • City Folk/Let's go to the city! I've been playing online for quite a while!

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • New Leaf! Guess I'm pretty new to online play!

Votes: 23 56.1%

• Total voters

Dim

Stay bright little fireflies
Nature Nuts 🐿️
Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Switch
8579-5303-4501
Island
Kirby Easter Egg
Gastly Halloweaster Egg
Boo Halloweaster Egg
Yoshi Easter Egg
Easter Egg
There are many Animal Crossings that featured online play, starting with Wild World to City Folk/Let's go to the city to our recent New Leaf. Which game did you start out playing online? I started out with Wild Wild (veteran here lol) but I've seen a lot of people who never played Wild World online. So, which game did you begin playing online with? :)

Started AC on Gamecube and always felt that it should be on a handheld for portability and convenience. Along came WW, and it was great. So yearh, started AC online experience with WW. It had its quirks and limitations, but it was a solid, relaxing game.

Started on Animal Crossing for GameCube in 2001, but I only got into this game because I pitched it to so many parents while working at Toys R Us that I sold myself on the game, which turns out to be quite fun, so I stayed with it 15 years (almost) later!
I actually technically left the series in 2004, because my favorite left, but when I saw a DS one was coming, decided to give it another chance. It was the first time I ever played online in the series, so yeah, I'm a veteran too.

Last edited:
I remember playing online on WW. Those were the best WiFi sessions of my life. :D
Yea same. I remember chilling with friends and listening to the 8pm music. It was really peaceful.

In 2011, I played Let's Go to the City online with my old best friend a lot. I'm no longer friends with that person and I don't know anyone else who plays Animal Crossing, so here I am!

I'd vote, but I can't actually remember for sure. I got all the games in order, but I don't have any memories of playing Wild World (on Wi-Fi) until after City Folk was out, and I have many more memories of playing on City Folk than on Wild World. I'm gonna have to think about this.

Last edited:
I started playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf Online. But I wouldn't say I am new to it as I understand how it works.

I started playing online with Wild World. Mostly local with my brother or best friend. I remember playing with randoms online and getting scammed a lot :/ I had better experinces with CF though

AC:NL. I was about age 3-7 when playing Wild world so I only ever played with my sister and my auntie. I started serious online playstyle last year at nine years.

I didn't really get into AC before the release of New Leaf. I have them all aside from Wild World, but I really started to play online with others when New Leaf came out.

I started with City Folk but went back and spent much more online time in Wild World.

I've hardly used the multiplayer in New Leaf because I'm boring/my town is trash. I just keep to trading and such usually.

Back