• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Zelda Wii U delayed again, until 2017...

Matt0106

Dawn of a New Day
Bells
Switch
2774-4281-4324
Yellow Crescent Moon
Blue Crescent Moon
International Space Cetacean Star Fragment
Blue Crescent Moon
Yellow Crescent Moon
White Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Shooting Star
Yellow Star Fragment
White Star Fragment
Yes, the famous Zelda Wii U has again been delayed again. Nintendo of America posted on their Twitter: "#E3 2016 will focus on The Legend of Zelda, launching simultaneously on both Wii U and NX in 2017".

I'm personally not very happy with this just because it's been so long and still nothing. I understand they want to launch like Twilight Princess did for GCN and Wii, but we've been waiting a bit too long. Then again, at least the NX will have a good launch title.

How does this make you feel???

Last edited:
I'm fine with the delay. It will make the game better in the long run.

Remember when another certain company rushed out a game for its anniversary?
Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

Gives me time to save up for an NX.

It's a bummer that I won't get to play it this year, but I'd rather it be a strong release than a rushed release. The same applies to the actual NX itself, as well.

Now I don't know if I want to buy an NX for it or just get it on Wii U, because by then I would have had my Wii U for two years by next boxing day... Hmm decisions, decisions... Oh and yes, better it's finished properly than incomplete and rushed like Wind Waker and it's two missing dungeons.

THE DREAM IS DEAD
gG7hgZp.jpg

You think that dream is dead?

MjaNCfP.png

To be more substantive... It's hard to be surprised or shocked by this point from Zelda delays. There is a certain point where things turn from "oh okay, they're delaying it just a little longer to make sure it's good" to just pure incompetence or deception from the company. If you promise a game to release in 2015 back in 2014 and can't get it out until 2017 despite repeated claims, you're either incapable of properly managing development or intentionally misleading your customers. I think they have definitely crossed over into the second area by now and it's just incredibly disappointing.

Dude they are just not finished with it yet, I do hope all the delays make it worth it tho.

To be more substantive... It's hard to be surprised or shocked by this point from Zelda delays. There is a certain point where things turn from "oh okay, they're delaying it just a little longer to make sure it's good" to just pure incompetence or deception from the company. If you promise a game to release in 2015 back in 2014 and can't get it out until 2017 despite repeated claims, you're either incapable of properly managing development or intentionally misleading your customers. I think they have definitely crossed over into the second area by now and it's just incredibly disappointing.
I understand that Zelda U is on a scope they haven't attempted before, so the game is going to take some time and delays are inevitable. I don't mind development delays. But as Tao aptly described in the NX thread, at this point it just feels like Zelda U is (almost) finished, but they're holding it back just for the NX release. I know they have to make sales, but telling Wii U owners that their console will still have great support, then taking the #1 anticipated game for the Wii U and using it to sell the NX, it feels like a stab in the back.

You think that dream is dead?

MjaNCfP.png

Exactly. I thought I wasn't going to buy an NX for a while because I thought Zelda Wii U was coming out this year, but screw that I guess... No point if the console I would be getting at some point will have it too. Time to save up for NX...

I've been waiting for this game since 2013, when they teased they were working on a Zelda game for the Wii U. These delays are ridiculous. Tbh, I fell that they're just delaying it now so it can come out at the same time as the NX version.

I'm not fond of the idea of being made to wait extra just so that it can have a dual release.

That being said, I can definitely understand why they're doing this. The poor WiiU doesn't get a lot of love, and it wouldn't do to release ZeldaU/NX without being sure it's the absolute best it can be. For people who don't want to buy an NX yet, they'll still get the game, and for people looking to ignore the WiiU altogether and move on to Nintendo's next big thing, they'll be able to do that instead. They really, really need the new console to pull people in, and Zelda is a good franchise to do it with. Nintendo games make me happy, and sometimes it hurts to watch the struggle of a company that's been part of my life for as long as Nintendo's been. 8(

I'm not fond of the idea of being made to wait extra just so that it can have a dual release.

That being said, I can definitely understand why they're doing this. The poor WiiU doesn't get a lot of love, and it wouldn't do to release ZeldaU/NX without being sure it's the absolute best it can be. For people who don't want to buy an NX yet, they'll still get the game, and for people looking to ignore the WiiU altogether and move on to Nintendo's next big thing, they'll be able to do that instead. They really, really need the new console to pull people in, and Zelda is a good franchise to do it with. Nintendo games make me happy, and sometimes it hurts to watch the struggle of a company that's been part of my life for as long as Nintendo's been. 8(

I feel ya. I was disappointed when I heard that the Wii U wasn't catching up to PS4 and Xbox One, concerning how Nintendo has some of the most unique games out there instead of just FPS games. For example, they took the classic TPS model and made Splatoon, which in my opinion is the most unique shooter around. Nintendo is super creative and can take any kind of platform and mold something brand new and exciting. So I know that Zelda "Wii U" will at least do well on the NX, because launching a console with a Zelda game that's brand-new (AND OPEN WORLD FGHUDBJKKFNSKJBDC :D) is literally an invincible pairing. I'm will never give up on Nintendo, since Nintendo is literally my childhood :) oh the feels :')

I am ok with this as long as it will allow it to become a better game than it was already supposed to be.

Back