• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Nintendo’s next video game system, code-named NX, arrives March 2017!

kazaf

Bells
Switch
1375-3545-9701
Yellow Cosmos
White Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Red Cosmos
Orange (Fruit)
February Birthstone (Amethyst)
Tasty Cake
Red Candy
Red Candy
Red Candy
From the Nintendo Facebook and Legend of Zelda pages:

N.JPGz.JPG

Big news, not very comforting for current Wii U owners.

Feels ripped off by the many delays of the new Zelda...

A lot of people I see are complaining about the delay and I don't understand why. Okay, we have to wait longer to play it, boo hoo.
But Nintendo is doing this to try to make the new Zelda game and the NX better. Nintendo doesn't want a bad game. Nintendo doesn't want another bad console. Neither do we.
Many people complaining about this have no idea how long game, let alone console, development takes.

(By the way, this isn't directed to you, just people complaining about it in general)

i literally said yesterday in stream that i was tempted to buy a wiiu

*** that im saving my cash until 2017 :^)
only 11 months!!11!!!1

So, Kimishima essentially said that launching the NX outside of holidays would lead to having more games available around the time the system launches. If that's the case, then I'm hoping for the first few months to have a steady stream of quality video games, especially considering how Nintendo has been restructuring lately.

Also, the NX system won't be announced at E3 2016. Instead, the company will unveil the details later this year. Since we already know when the system will be released, it's not even an issue for me.
Though, the fact they're focusing on the highly anticipated The Legend of Zelda installment on E3 doesn't exactly leave me confident for how the late 2016 and early 2017 3DS and Wii U lineup would look like. If we rely solely on retail Nintendo-published titles that were already announced, then Metroid Prime Federations and Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE might be the only games releasing this year. If that means anything, the only positive I can think of is that my wallet won't be hurt as much as the last few years did. I might end up saving up a lot of money for the inevitable NX launch.

Source: http://nintendoeverything.com/offic...n-mobile-nx-zelda-along-with-annual-earnings/

I'm hoping the NX doesn't release any must have exclusives for the first year. I usually always wait a year before buying a new console as it could have defects and more deals later on.

A lot of people I see are complaining about the delay and I don't understand why. Okay, we have to wait longer to play it, boo hoo.
But Nintendo is doing this to try to make the new Zelda game and the NX better. Nintendo doesn't want a bad game. Nintendo doesn't want another bad console. Neither do we.
Many people complaining about this have no idea how long game, let alone console, development takes.

(By the way, this isn't directed to you, just people complaining about it in general)

I don't mind a game being delayed to be made better, but it sounds more like the game is being delayed just to have a simultaneous release on both the Wii U and NX.

Like the Wii U version could be pretty much done at this point for all we know, but they're keeping it in the attic for another 11 months like a weird parent who got their Christmas shopping done in January.

The Wii U has sold poorly throughout its course and am I ashamed of buying it? no I'm not, now with the new console coming out in 2017 I'm going to imagine this will be a big boost that Nintendo has been waiting for. I've searched through Kotaku and other gaming news sites on Twitter, and I got to say there's little faith in these people who call themselves gamers. for starters we don't know what this new console will do and how well it will sell and yet they are determining the inevitable.

The console is brand spanking new and we don't know what it can do so far, it could be either a flop or could be a major breakthrough for Nintendo. Again, We don't know, the details are still extremely foggy at this point.

I for one still have hope for Nintendo.

Last edited:
I'm hoping that some of the games released near the start of the NX's lifecycle will also be released on Wii-U. I think it would boost sales quite a bit as people could purchase the games even if they had not decided upon getting the new system yet or not.

I feel bad for the WiiU. It may not have the third party support that other games have, but it still has a really solid library. That being said, I look forward to seeing what the NX does. I happen to like the WiiU gamepad, and I'm hoping the NX has something similar, but... smaller. That's been my only complaint about the thing.

I'm already preparing to save up for this thing and I hope it gives Nintendo the boost they need.

there better be a special edition nx on release or else ill have to 1. wait to buy zelda u which wont happen since zelda is my #1 series or 2. buy both the wii u and nx version smh (unless its backward compatible?? thatd be cool)

I feel bad for the WiiU. It may not have the third party support that other games have, but it still has a really solid library. That being said, I look forward to seeing what the NX does. I happen to like the WiiU gamepad, and I'm hoping the NX has something similar, but... smaller. That's been my only complaint about the thing.

I'm already preparing to save up for this thing and I hope it gives Nintendo the boost they need.

My problem with the Gamepad is:

- Always sucking up battery even when you turn the console off.
- Player 1 is forced to use it for certain games rather than an alternative option.
- Expensive and hard to replace if broken.
- Have to shove it in some part of the room if you're playing a game that doesn't require it and the screen is distracting since there is no off button.

The Gamepad is cool, but it definitely feels forced. I don't want to always use it.

The nx better be able to stream on twitch or YouTube or I'm going to lose it. XD

I am not considering purchasing the Nintendo NX because I am in too deep with Nintendo games and amiibo now, but I would possibly consider it if the Nintendo NX allowed players to insert Nintendo 3DS games into it and use the Nintendo 3DS as the touch screen and a TV as the top screen...

2832936-whatsnxt.jpg

Last edited:
Back