• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever tried spam? (the meat product)

No. I wouldn't mind trying it, but I find it.. somewhat gross. mushy, bright pink "meat" with unknown substances inside doesn't sound very appealing.

I used to eat it all the time with pilot bread
That was the THANG in Alaska. Pilot bread too, just in general
vanitytest019.jpg

- - - Post Merge - - -

No. I wouldn't mind trying it, but I find it.. somewhat gross. mushy, bright pink "meat" with unknown substances inside doesn't sound very appealing.

Hot dog brick in a can basically

I've had it a few times when I was younger, I just remember it being very salty. Also my sister had a "Survivor" party and one of the things was an eating challenge with weird foods like pigs feet and stuff, and she got a can of cat food, fed it to our cats, then cleaned out the container and filled it with smooshed up spam which looks just like cat food and so nobody wanted to eat it! XD

yah, sometimes i have it for breakfast at my school's canteen
never uncooked though, it's usually cut and fried

pretty good

yeah i've had it, not a fan though. the only canned meats i'd say i like i think are corned beef hash. (*aside from tuna, sardines, and other smoked fish)

i've never tried it, but i've got a can of corned beef i have no idea what to do with

is it corned beef hash (the kind with diced potatoes mixed in)? or is it just the beef (like they can in Australia/New Zealand)? well, either way, in my experience usually its heated up in a pan on the stovetop and served with eggs at breakfast/brunch time.

I ate spam this morning.. so salty puaha I can only take tiny bites each time
As a kid I loved spam but now I'm not a big fan of it
It tastes good with rice though~

yup, i have. i had it in Hawaii, it was spam musubi (Thunder posted a pic earlier). it was good at the time but not something i'd get again - i have a few friends that are addicted to spam musubi, but it's just not my thing - i think the texture of spam throws me off and it's very salty

Nope, I've never tried it.
It looks and smells so weird... and whenever my dad eats it he says it's good but... nope. I'm fine without it.

is it corned beef hash (the kind with diced potatoes mixed in)? or is it just the beef (like they can in Australia/New Zealand)? well, either way, in my experience usually its heated up in a pan on the stovetop and served with eggs at breakfast/brunch time.

just the beef - and thanks for the advice! i'll make that tomorrow :cool:

Ive never had it! I dont even really know what is it..

I try to avoid things from a can unless its vegetables or beans or something.

Last edited:
According to the Official Spam website,Spam contains:pork with Ham, Salt, Water, Modified Potato Starch, Sugar, Sodium Nitrite.Sounds yummy.I used to like Spam when I was a kid but now that I'm old and feeble I can only manage Spam Lite(it's made with chicken!).

It's so awesome. If it wasn't so unhealthy, I would eat it every day. It's awesome with rice, especially if it's in the form of spam musubi. Those Hawaiians, they invented something awesome when spam musubi was born. :)

no I've never tried it and i don't think I ever will tbh it looks pretty gross.

Back