• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Have you ever tried spam? (the meat product)

I love it. I eat it with rice, but I cook the spam on a pan first. I've never eaten it uncooked.

I think I did as a child but forgot about the taste, I guess it's salty like most of meat in can?

Actually tried this for the first time at my aunt's house the other morning. Not really a fan. It isn't bad by any means but it has a very weird taste to it. Maybe it's okay if it is part of something else and not just a main part of a meal but idk.

yeah, its pretty good i guess, but i would never actually buy it

I've tried it. It tastes alright but I don't like it anyways. It's very popular over here in Hawaii, people eat it all the time.

I put it in pasta salad, use it in a Hawaiian style dish (not sure of name), make a sandwich with it, or just slice it thin and fry it like bacon. I love how convenient and versatile it is.

i ate it when i was little and it was really salty

Last edited:
It's a fun can to open with that key but the stuff inside is just NASTY. I really hate how salty and mushy it is. Of course, I didn't cook it or combine it with anything so that could be why...

Spam is amazing fried in a pan, especially when it's paired with rice or those Hawaiian sweet rolls :>

Last edited:
Lies when people say they enjoy this blob of pinkness! I know the secret behind this "spam". Ever considered why its called spam?

Specially
Processed
Alien
Meat

Had it once, and got to say it's not my thing.

Got a lot going on and it tastes very salty to me. Seems like they've squashed a lot of different meats into it. I don't feel very safe. Lols. I know a lot of people like it. It's just not my thing.

i've tried it. it's definitely not something i'd look forward to eating, but it's not horrid either

Back