• I really like it!

Votes: 20 51.3%
  • It's meh...

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • It's absolute trash.

Votes: 7 17.9%

• Total voters
I hate it.
I don't understand why so many people love it!

Maybe if you did a bit more research, you'd understand why people love it a lot ^^ (don't look into the fanbase, look into the criticism etc.)
My comment also included a huge text about why I loved the game, so yeah. o:

I personally really like Undertale from the quirkiness of it and the many endings. Lemme know what your thoughts are.
When I fought against Toriel...

Before Toriel's soul shattered, I opened my hand in front of my computer screen and pretended Toriel's soul was in my hand.
I then tightly clenched my first as if to totally crush her soul...

- - - Post Merge - - -

To the people who said it was trash...

Chara will get you :blush:
Heh heh heh heh heh heh heh... I noticed TBT removed Master Chara Dreemurr from here...
Oh well... Chara IS me anyway...

I actually felt NO remorse in the Toriel and Papyrus battle... hehehehe...

Last edited:
You guys do realize that you don't necessarily have to try change other peoples opinions about the game? It's fine for someone to dislike Undertale.

I liked the game, it wasn't as good as I thought it'd be. I guess it was too overhyped.
But the fandom is just way beyond me. Just like Five Nights at Freddy's, it's now trash when it used to be good.

I got the game and played it for a bit, but it had already been ruined for me by the hordes of memers. I've seen a lot of the game through game footage and I don't understand why there's such a huge fandom going crazy over it. It's really not that good.

I got the game and played it for a bit, but it had already been ruined for me by the hordes of memers. I've seen a lot of the game through game footage and I don't understand why there's such a huge fandom going crazy over it. It's really not that good.
I am a part of the fandom, but I am not weird like them...

I... just... follow... Chara...

i like undertale because of the ways that it's different to most other rpgs. usually you'd go around killing every enemy in sight, but in undertale nobody has to die at all (well, unless you wanna see all the endings). also, in most other rpgs killing enemies has no consequences - in fact, it's often a good thing to do as killing bosses will usually help you progress further into the game. in undertale, though, it does have consequences - from changing what some characters say (e.g. undyne's speech before you fight her changes if you've killed papyrus), to changing the ending (there's several ways the neutral path can end depending on who's alive at the end of it, and completing a genocide run permanently changes the ending of future playthroughs unless you delete something in the game's files).

i also like it because of its soundtrack - there are just so many good songs in there, though i won't say which ones are my favourites because spoilers. it's also pretty clever how some have been re-used for other songs in the game. i was pretty surpised when i found out that (SPOILERS) the music that plays after the 'but nobody came' message appears in a genocide run was actually a reeeeeaaaally slowed down version of flowey's theme.

and then there's the characters. i could type another huge paragraph on why i like the characters so much, but i've already typed a skeleton of stuff on other reasons why i like undertale so much.

Ik some opinions can't be changed but what part of the game did you play? Its best to start from the beginning with no interruptions. I guess you can watch a lets play? If your ok with cursing i'd watch jacksepticeye's playthrough.

However it's true, i guess the fandom may die out one day. Look at the FNAF series. Not the big fuss anymore.

I played from start to finish in one sitting. I did 'pacifist' for a bit until I decided it was "okay but nothing special" and proceeded to murder everything from then onward so I could get it over with and my friends would leave me alone. Yea, I've only gone through it once, but I 'get the gist' of it, I don't think playing through it two more times is really going to sway my opinion.

There was nothing particularly wrong with it, I just don't think it's deserving of the hype at all.
- My biggest issue was the writing and pacing. I thought the humor was mostly awful, and since there's a lot of it, it's a big issue for me. There were a lot of 'jokes' that were just dragged out way too far, far beyond the point of killing said 'joke'. As for writing in general, I came away from it liking approximately 0 characters, so, yea...I don't think that's what they were going for. There were also generally so many interruptions for small bits of dialogue (which as I said, I'm not a fan of already) that a lot of the time didn't even feel like they added anything to the game/character in question. This in itself isn't an issue, but the fact that it halted the gameplay entirely every time one popped up was just frustrating, to have constant text boxes pop up and bring you to a complete halt whilst you're plodding along just to tell you 3 words of dialogue.

- More on the pacing, and some design; as I said, my friends were already excusing a lot of the game as "oh, this bit is boring" with nothing really happening or dialogue going on far longer than it needed to, but even if they weren't there was a significant enough amount of areas that were just horribly paced and designed. There were so many parts of the game where I assumed I was just walking down an endless hallway. I was prepared for that 'endless hallway' puzzle the entire game, because it felt like I was in one so many times that I assumed the dev was really trying to 'throw me off' so I would fall for it when it eventually did happen...That 'endless hallway' puzzle never happened though...It was just bad design.

- Meme humor...So much meme humor...Damn, so much of that humor is going to age badly.

- I also don't see the big deal with the 'kill or spare' stuff as a gameplay mechanic (I gathered that it has a bigger effect on story than gameplay, but I've already established I thought the writing was w*nk anyway). 'Killing' and 'not killing' overall didn't feel like unique things to me from a gameplay perspective, minus the obvious changes you'll get with dialogue and endings. Again, since this is the 'big selling point', it was a 'big issue' to me. Mechanically, there wasn't all that much separating them. It was like comparing green apples with red apples. When something 'mechanically' changes something about the game, I want it to be as drastic a change in gameplay as choosing between 'Rambo mode' and '0 alerts/0 kills' in MGS, or 'shoving all your skill points in melee' and 'all in charisma' in an RPG (which also makes a good amount of RPG's 'pacifist' with 'multiple endings'...Can we stop using that as the sole selling point for Undertale as though it created the concept?)

If I ended up with it on HumbleBundle via the age old "game that came bundled with a game I actually wanted" routine, I would probably have played half way through it, thought it was "okay for what it is, I'll finish it eventually" and forgotten about it as it sits in my Steam library forever destined to be half finished.

[edit]

I guess so I don't sound like a total 'negative nancy', I thought the last boss was kinda 'neat' and that village of cats was amusing. The little minigames in battle were nice as well, which I pretty much never hear of in regard to the game, which is a shame because that is literally the most unique thing it has setting it apart from the slew of other RPG's with copy&paste turn based and ATB systems.

Last edited:
I like the soundtrack. It's pretty much all I listen to when I draw. Some of the characters are cool too, but a lot of them were just okay or flat out annoying.

Used to be obsessed with it, then I left the fandom because it became rlly toxic, doesn't mean I don't like the game now. I just don't like it as much as I used to.

When I killed Papyrus... I made up a really cruel, sinister, malicious and twisted evil pun.

I said... He should have quit while he was ahead (a head)
Oh wait... He has just become a head...

Back