• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Villager backstories

Puck grew up in the Arctic, where there is a surprising lack of hockey. Thanks to being nested near a human research station, Puck discovered humans talking about.... Him! No, they were talking about the human sport of hockey, which happened to have a component that shared his name. He was intrigued. He wandered around awhile, and found a radio blaring out stats in between excited cries of action on the ice. Since then, Puck spent most of his time trying to learn more about this hockey. He eventually was able to find a jersey, lost or discarded, and began to wear it religiously. He also found a tv on the station, and was able to watch a few games for himself. Each time, he was star-struck.
Soon, he picked up word that the team was leaving for their home. Puck knew he had to go with him. A huge cargo plane landed, and Puck rapidly stowed away behind some of the crew's personal belongings. The flight was long and tedious, but before he knew it he was in a place that was busier, warmer, and more full of life than he had ever seen.
Despite being lost and confused, Puck was able to rely on the charity of several people. They set him up with a lovely, cool house, complete with a snowblower and a hockey stick of his very own. He eventually decided to move to Khazdhan, thanks to the cooler temperatures brought on by a more northern climate, large cliff walls, and plenty of rain. Unfortuantely, he made the mayor super mad, messing up her tree line, and decided to book it after awhile. Packed up and ready to go, where will Puck go next? Probably a Christmas town.

I'm sure I could get along with this puffy butt, it's just... He's super inconsiderate... Lmao!
Unfortunately, you still can't control where villagers move. What did you do to him afterwards?

Last edited:
I don't have any backstories for my villagers right now but I plan on making some once I have all my dreamies.
I'm going to make a really nice story for my town once it's complete, too.
I might start writing a bit.

I don't have any backstories for my villagers right now but I plan on making some once I have all my dreamies.
I'm going to make a really nice story for my town once it's complete, too.
I might start writing a bit.
Good, we need more people to chime in. I'm still working on more backstories for my villagers as well.

Keep the stories coming. I don't want this thread to go dead. I'm still working on mine too.

Contrary to popular belief around town, Lucky was never a mummified pet dog to a Pharoah in Egypt when he died. In fact, he suffered serious burns in a house fire in which he was lucky to have survived the tragedy. This resulted in Lucky wrapping himself up in bandages once he was healed because he thought other villagers would be scared of his appearence, so when rumors started spreading, Lucky tried to stop them and explain the situation without much success and eventually gave in and let them run their course. However, one April Fool's Day, Lucky decided to go along with these rumors and re-decorate his house to make it seem like he was missing his tomb and transformed his house into one. And other villagers believed it, it was probably one of the best pranks Lucky pulled! But it didn't stop there, Lucky went on to research about ancient Egypt and became interested in the history to the point where he now embraces the stories about his "past" instead of trying to diffuse them. Although he's pretty sure that Isabelle and the Mayor know the truth, they probably play along for his sake.

(randomly stumbled upon this thread and this little backstory about Lucky sprung up)

Contrary to popular belief around town, Lucky was never a mummified pet dog to a Pharoah in Egypt when he died. In fact, he suffered serious burns in a house fire in which he was lucky to have survived the tragedy. This resulted in Lucky wrapping himself up in bandages once he was healed because he thought other villagers would be scared of his appearence, so when rumors started spreading, Lucky tried to stop them and explain the situation without much success and eventually gave in and let them run their course. However, one April Fool's Day, Lucky decided to go along with these rumors and re-decorate his house to make it seem like he was missing his tomb and transformed his house into one. And other villagers believed it, it was probably one of the best pranks Lucky pulled! But it didn't stop there, Lucky went on to research about ancient Egypt and became interested in the history to the point where he now embraces the stories about his "past" instead of trying to diffuse them. Although he's pretty sure that Isabelle and the Mayor know the truth, they probably play along for his sake.

(randomly stumbled upon this thread and this little backstory about Lucky sprung up)
Great work.

More backstories written by me are WIP. They'll be coming soon, I promise.

Chadder is only about 5 years old, despite looking 20. This is because he was created artificially, the result of dairy given sentience.

Francine is Chrissy's artificially created twin sister, and as such, she's only 7. She was created out of the more fashionable side of Chrissy.

Marshal was just a normal boy until one day, he stumbled upon a strange book in his attic when being told to clean it for the first time. Ever since he read the book, he just hasn't been the same.

Pecan, despite her dainty looks and accent, is a very fit traveler. She lived in the first Smashville, and was taken down with it. Only when rains came down upon the remains of the former bustling town did she finally come to, thus starting her penchant for travelling. On her travels, she discovered a strange green necklace with a sparkle in it. She decided to wear it, and vowed to use her newfound magic responsibly. Smashville number two was her next settling spot. Unfortunately, the passing rumor that a mysterious white squirrel was about to visit this second Smashville finally prompted her to leave. The mayor felt sad about his soul mate leaving him behind. Sad enough to quit the town, and cover it with white tarp.

Here's another one for you. This is also my first time including other characters in a villager's backstories.

Elvis the lion was born on July 23, 1964 in Portland, Oregon. His parents named him after Elvis Presley, the king of rock n' roll, being huge fans of the iconic musician. As a child, Elvis became a huge fan of The King just like his mom and dad. He even got to see him live in concert a few times during the mid 1970s. Just after his 13th birthday, like the rest of us, he learned of Presley's sudden passing in Graceland. Young Elvis was hit pretty hard by this and spent the next week or so in a depressed state, but somehow he pulled out of it relatively quickly, with his typical lion determination.

After graduating from Grant High School in 1982, Elvis attended the Oregon College of Art and Craft, graduating in the spring of 1985 with degrees in metalworking and wordworking. While he was in college, he met up with several other students (Rolf the tiger, Curt the bear, Lobo the wolf, Frank the eagle) who shared his love of classic rock n' roll, and together they formed a rock band called "The Forest and the Jungle" in the spring of 1986, with Elvis as one of the lead singers as well as the keyboard player, Rolf as the other lead singer as well as the bassist, Frank as the lead guitarist and a backing vocalist, Curt as the drummer, and Lobo as the rhythm guitarist and a backing vocalist as well as the band's manager and producer (being the oldest of the five).

They were quite successful, touring in and around Portland, and they started to really become famous, when Portland became a music hotbed during the 1990s. Elvis quit his job as a mechanic in 1991 to go with the band full-time. In late 1993, they recorded their first album, released in the summer of 1994, which was a success, topping Billboard's Independent Albums chart as well as Billboard's Top Rock Albums chart, while also reaching the Top 30 on the Billboard 200, and eventually being certified Gold in the United States. It was also a big hit in the United Kingdom, reaching Platinum status.

In 1997, while they were recording their second album, they added three new members (Apollo the eagle, Frank's nephew, as back-up guitarist and backing vocalist, Hopper the penguin as keyboard player and percussionist, and Grizzly the bear, Curt's younger cousin, as percussionist and occasional drummer). The second album was an even bigger hit, reaching the Top 10 on the Billboard 200, with all four singles being Top 30 hits on both sides of the Atlantic (and reaching the Top 5 on the Mainstream Rock charts, with two of them reaching the top spot), and being certified double Platinum in the U.S. and triple platinum in the U.K.. By now, the 8 member band had become famous all over the world. In 1998-99, they had a successful tour of 40 cities across the country. One of the trademarks of each show, was having Elvis bust out his spot-on impersonation of Elvis Presley for a couple of songs, and at end of some shows, he would introduce his parents to the audience, who taught him how to love music.

In 2002, Elvis took over as manager/producer of the band, being hand-picked by Lobo who retired that year, after 16 years and four successful studio albums. The band's success continued through the 2000s, despite some members retiring (Frank left in 2004, and Apollo took over as lead guitarist, while Curt left in 2006, and Grizzly became the new permanent drummer). Finally in 2012, Elvis and the rest of the band amicably decided that it was time to retire. So after one last huge international tour, in 2012-13 (even bringing back old members Lobo, Frank and Curt), The Forest and the Jungle rode off into the sunset and the band members went their separate ways.

Sometime in 2014, Elvis moved to a quiet suburb called Westerly. His house shows his taste for music (a harpsichord sits right in the middle), as well as his wealth from his fame. One of his closest friends is a duck named Maelle, who was a fan of his music during her high school and college years. She herself had quite a bit of fame as a fashion designer, but more on that later.

Last edited:
I have a dumb backstory to share.

Both Olaf and Tiffany have always love seeing others perform and show off their talents. Whether it may be playing music or acting onstage, the two would try to never miss out on checking out the latest play/musical/etc.. But while Olaf always wanted to perform for others (he wanted to do dancing), Tiffany only liked the idea of performing and has had no interest in getting a job in acting/singing/dancing/etc., despite the fact that she is pretty talented herself.

The two have known each other since high school. Even though Tiffany was in her senior years when Olaf arrived, the two still kept in contact even when she left. Thanks to their love for the performing arts, it has brought them closer and closer. Outside of performing, the two would also just talk about what's going on in their personal lives and learn about one another. Even though they have their disagreements and differences (tiffany has stage fright and doesn't think highly of others; olaf is hopeless with women and has childish interests), they look past that and just love being around each other. Unfortunately, their friendship only started to fade away many years later.

The very moment Tiffany has found out that Olaf got himself a place in the performing arts, she felt as if she lost her only friend. Even though she does respect his decision, she did tell him many times to not take that path because of how much he means to her. Olaf too admits that he wanted to spend more time with Tiffany, especially since that the two never spent much time with each other, but he chosen that path because he wants to inspire others. It didn't took too long before the two stopped contacting each other entirely.

Many years later, Tiffany is trying to sort out on what she wants to do in her life. She now lives on her own and knows how to take care for herself, but she wants more than that. So to try out something different, she starts camping in different towns. Even though she dislikes how muddy and dirty camping can be, she still does so anyway because she wants to just refresh her mind on certain things that have been bothering her. One of the towns she camps in is Platinum. What she doesn't realise though is that not only Olaf also resides there, but by pure coincidence, she also was camping on his birthday. After a lot of thought and consideration, she decides that she wants to move to Platinum. Not just she wants to start a friendship with Olaf again, but also because she doesn't really like the town she's living in.

The two now talk to each other again, but not as much as what they used to. Even though they do want to talk to each other, they don't either have much time (olaf in particular leaves the town every weekend to work on his career) or that somebody else is holding them up. When they do have the time however, their conversations are a lot more mature and they appreciate being around each other more than ever.

The story love of pietro & muffy

" I was just a little boy when I saw that balloon" pietro has said that day when she a black sheep holding a rainbow balloon
He went to her and asked "hi where you got that balloon"... A silence fell between the herd everyone looking at them in shock...
She dint answer, she gave him the balloon and run away... He was sad (poor pietro) then the other sheeps told him that she barely talk or give anything your so lucky
Then he thought...and thought for long hour. He decided to make her happy, she was like a goth girl who want to be happy in a colorful life so he decided to be in a circus to train as a clown so he left

The day of his train came to leave for the circus.. She stood apart from everyone but she held the same rainbow balloon and saying il miss you... They never saw each other again
But when he came back
He saw her all grown up she was a royalty between all the sheeps but still her goth styles

Many sheeps wanted her as her love but then pietro came knocking her house with a rainbow bouquet of her favorites flowers
And say now that I man up and know how to make you happy, I forever will be yours
Muffy couldn't hold the joy so she jumped on him and he told joke it was the greatest day for them

They decided to go away from everyone and live with each other and maybe on their way the could find other with pair because of life
So they decided to go to lovely because it sounded it cute and perfect for couples
So they did and like all their neightboors and now they are not happily living in lovely

- - - Post Merge - - -

Later il write about my other couple

Keep up the great work. I'm working on a few more backstories too. We have to keep this thread active any way we can.

Marina & Octavian

Octavian saw Marina caroming to a rock on top of the water and he said "finally my crush alone I can talk to her now" she used to be so famous everyone around her until they both in college and she wanted to be alone. So he help her and say thank you and then he went to the side of her and ask her what she thinking, she told her about she wanted to live in that island how much better will be without no one interrupting me, to escape from being famous it's all I want
I know I'm cute but it's driving me crazy so I want to be alone

It was night...
Octavian stay in the rock thinking... It would have been better
So he decided she would go on island but if she stay with him

Next day he brought her a flower with a card...
She say yes

And after a week they finally went to the land and no one knows where they are
But those 2 are happy being together

Last edited:
Thanks again, everyone for your hard work. If you all keep at it, I will too.

I don't know why I've never thought to do this! I usually do this kind of thing on other games, but I think it would make me even more interested in playing longer. I'm totally doing this for all my villagers when I have some free time.

Jambette

The sad but true story of her tragic breakup, she was told she was ugly, pathetic and basically useless. Until one day she found the one, she tried her hardest to fit in with all the other frogs but couldn't quite do it. She set out to find any frog or any animal in her case to comfort her, to love and cherish her! Her one true goal in life is to make other people happy, that's why we always see her so happy and the pounds of makeup caked onto her face is to attracted other males c;

Back