• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

amiibo Festival Top Reasons why Animal crossing Amiibo Festival Failed?

Every move you make, you have to scan an amiibo. And it's not very interactive, there's not really any mini games and it's not fun to play with friends, unlike Mario Party.

i havent played amiibo festival so i cant really say for sure. but my sisters played the Tamagotchi Party On! (a board game for the wii) and it was just as dull and unengaging as youd expect it to be. amiibo festival seems exactly the same

It's a watered down version of Mario Party, it's not fun and it could have been another AC for the Wii U with all the models and stuff but they turned it into a "HEY BUY OUR AMIIBO PLEASE THIS IS A PERFECT BUSINESS DECISION"

I can understand where Nintendo was trying to go with this, they wanted a game that would fully utilize the amiibos to sell there toys while making profit off animal crossing.

This. This is why it failed, especially because I think it cost quite a bit (I assume) for what seemed like a Mario Party rip-off originally. Now the price has dropped, so it's worth it just to buy the amiibos, plus you can also use them for ACNL, but before, as someone who already had Mario Party and wasn't into amiibos for HHD, it just wasn't worth it.

I think the two main resons it did go over very well are:
1. Many people thought that it should be extremely different than mario party.
2. It was for WiiU tons of people dont have and dont want a WiiU so that cuts out a lot of profit.

I think its because its not what animal crossing is really supposed to be. People know animal crossing for its unique free world expirience being able to build towns and do whatever you wish to do. The new game, however, did not have that feature and it isnt really what the game is known for. I think thats why it didnt really get popular. I didnt like happy home designer either :/

I think its because
1. Randomness in a board game, its hard to win at random
2. Takes lots of time to unlock the mini games!
Other than these two things I enjoy it! My boyfriend doesnt like to play with me too much but he still does when I ask XD

It's basically MArio Party with every bit of fun sapped out of it. You could play Amiibo Festival as a sleep aid.

I have to say I like where they were going with what they seemed to try to do with it. Maybe having something to break up the normal gameplay would be lovely. Maybe like a mini-game like they have for Mario Party. Maybe they could have a furniture making game after a turn or two and if you complete the game you can send it to your new leaf town. Something that interacts another Animal Crossing game would be pretty useful. I feel like it would break gameplay for amiibo festival and new Leaf. That's just me but at least there would have been something interactive, maybe there will be an update! (Fingers crossed)

I don't think anything was wrong with it!!

I loved it. I would've played it more if I owned a Wii U but I have to put it into my friend's systems :p
The amiibo figures are very very cute too!

The original retail price was too high though.. but the fact that it's a 'ripoff' of Mario Party is silly. They have tons of video board games and both are from Nintendo.

I have Amiibo Festival and I actually enjoy it! It's definitely not one of those games you can play every day but it was never supposed to be. I guess one of the reasons I liked it is because I realised that Amiibo Festival wasn't a normal animal Crossing game. Nintendo wanted to branch out and it was always going to be a 'spinoff' game, some people just didn't realised that. I thought that with both Happy Home Designer and Amiibo Festival, Nintendo just wanted to try something different. Sure, there are a couple of improvements they could've made but overall I think it's a pretty good game.

Back