Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top Reasons why Animal crossing Amiibo Festival Failed?

Bells
    3DS
    2681-0804-3878

Question Top Reasons why Animal crossing Amiibo Festival Failed?

I was very disappointed.. Not at the game, No! never, I was disappointed at how most of the animal crossing community sees this game as a failure!

Sure, It's fairly different from he traditional Animal crossing games we've played and loved, I can understand where Nintendo was trying to go with this, they wanted a game that would fully utilize the amiibos to sell there toys while making profit off animal crossing. It wasn't in there intentions to make a bad game, they wanted to expand there animal crossing franchise seeing as its been very successful. The game is compared to Mario party but that doesn't make them the same game, Like how monopoly(console version) isn't the same as Mario party.

I just wish people were more open minded and more accepting of new things, I'm actually glad Nintendo is trying to deliver NEW and exciting things for the fans instead of creating the same franchises over and over again with better graphics.

Animal crossing amiibo festival is not a bad game, Its just misunderstood as a Mario party try hard.

So about the thread title, What are your personal top reasons why you think the game failed to appeal the animal crossing community as a whole?
    Last edited by AppleCiderPie; 04-15-2016 at 11:45 AM.

Please no bolting off into the wild of my town you could potentially kill a lot of my beautiful and loved flowers. My town villagers would appreciate if you didn't run over the pretty flowers either. Thanks for reading, Love you. Nin

Quote Originally Posted by AppleCiderPie View Post
    I was very disappointed.. Not at the game, No! never, I was disappointed at how most of the animal crossing community sees this game as a failure!

Sure, It's fairly different from he traditional Animal crossing games we've played and loved, I can understand where Nintendo was trying to go with this, they wanted a game that would fully utilize the amiibos to sell there toys while making profit off animal crossing. It wasn't in there intentions to make a bad game, they wanted to expand there animal crossing franchise seeing as its been very successful. The game is compared to Mario party but that doesn't make them the same game, Like how monopoly(console version) isn't the same as Mario party.

I just wish people were more open minded and more accepting of new things, I'm actually glad Nintendo is trying to deliver NEW and exciting things for the fans instead of creating the same franchises over and over again with better graphics.

Animal crossing Amiibo festival is not a bad game, Its just misunderstood as a Mario party try hard.

So about the thread title, What are your personal top reasons why you think the game failed to appeal the animal crossing community as a whole?
    I wholeheartedly agree with you. I purchased Animal Crossing: amiibo Festival because I thought it looked like a good game to play with friends. I also like the fact that you get two Animal Crossing amiibo and three Animal Crossing amiibo Cards as part of the bundle.

Its price
    How you NEED amiibo to play it
    Mario Party clone

Basically my issues with it. I also don't have a Wii U, and not a lot of people seem to so that might be a factor too.

Bells
    3DS
    1865-3134-1268
    Items: MailboxYellow CosmoWhite CosmoRed CosmoTasty CakeWinter Mittens
Gift received at 12-23-2015, 11:50 AM from Blizzard
    Quote Originally Posted by Shimmer View Post
    Its price
    How you NEED amiibo to play it
    Mario Party clone

Basically my issues with it. I also don't have a Wii U, and not a lot of people seem to so that might be a factor too.
    With Happy Home Designer, at least the Amiibo are not absolutely necessary. And HHD seems to have more thought and development put into it than AF.
    Westerly
    Founded on December 31, 2014
    Residents: Avery, Bertha, Bree, Clyde, Coach, Elvis, Flora, Katt, Keaton, Maelle
    Dream Address:

Granada
    Founded on March 26, 2015
    Residents: Anchovy, Becky, Boone, Cookie, Frita, Lolly, Maple, Moe, Rodney, Shari
    Dream Address:

New York
    Founded on June 9, 2016
    Residents: Beau, Bluebear, Butch, Caroline, Cherry, Deirdre, Diana, Kyle, Peck, Wolf Link
    Dream Address: 4B00-0010-644A

London
    Founded on November 5, 2016
    Residents: Bob, Fauna, Filbert, Lionel, Lobo, Margie, Pashmina, Sly, Twiggy, Whitney

Bells
    3DS
    2681-0804-3878
    Isn't Animal crossing amiibo festival 14.99 on amazon? or was that another animal crossing game, I cannot remember, Its a one time deal though.

Please no bolting off into the wild of my town you could potentially kill a lot of my beautiful and loved flowers. My town villagers would appreciate if you didn't run over the pretty flowers either. Thanks for reading, Love you. Nin

Bells
    NN ID
    Alzner27
    3DS
    0559-7316-5150
    Items: Holiday Candy CaneWinter Mittens
Gift received at 12-13-2016, 02:08 AM from King Dorado
Gift received at 10-31-2014, 07:58 AM from HyoshidoYellow Candy
Gift received at 10-30-2014, 10:08 PM from Petey Piranha
    1. Like you said, it's basically a Mario Party tryhard.
    2. They wasted all of that time modeling things in HD... for the Wii U... for a party game. Ever since Animal Crossing was represented in Nintendo Land, people have been wanting a traditional Animal Crossing game on the Wii U. This would also fall into tradition of having an Animal Crossing game on home console since the 64DD.
    3. All you do is tap your amiibo then watch the game play. They basically replaced the functionality of a button with a plastic figure.

Bells
    NN ID
    SuperPeter1000
    3DS
    3480-3605-9757
    Although I never played it, just from looking at it I can tell it's already a flop.
    It's just some huge money grab. You need amiibos to play this darn game, and the fact that it's a tryhard Mario Party game makes it stale and unorignal.

Bells
    NN ID
    refrain111
    3DS
    2595-1552-6594
    Items: January Birthstone (Garnet)Holiday Candy CaneWhite RoseWhite TulipWhite PansyWhite Cosmo
    HHD was a step in the right direction, If Nintendo wanted to expand Animal Crossing as a Franchise, they did it there. HHD is different, but still conveys the charm that the main games have. However, the problem with amiibo Festival is in the name. Amiibo. The fact you need amiibo to play is just a money grabbing ploy. They wanted to make ac amiibo but couldn't figure out a way so they just copied mario party. It isn't even a good mario party copy. You scan the amiibo and then watch. I don't even think there's playable mini games, which is what makes Mario Party such a hit.

Bells
    3DS
    2208-4590-0420
    Items: Red LilyHoliday Candy CaneFamous Mushroom
Gift received at 10-03-2016, 12:24 AM from Kirbystarship
Message: make mushrooms great again.Red PansyFather's Day Carnation
Gift received at 06-19-2016, 08:35 PM from Blacklist
Gift received at 12-22-2015, 11:18 PM from BluePikachu47
Gift received at 12-15-2015, 03:52 PM from BluePikachu47
P.S., there is a Broken bat inside!Happy Home DesignerOrange Mote of FlameApple (Fruit)
Gift received at 08-08-2015, 03:01 PM from Universaljellyfish
Gift received at 01-02-2015, 12:50 PM from Skyfall
    The game in general is insulting and a disappointment since we all expected it to be Animal Crossing U at E3 that year. Heres the rundown of how it COULD have been a good game:

-Has HD animal crossing figures
    -Has an entire town map already laid out

Yet instead, its a Mario party clone that isn't even FUN. Hell, its even worse then the car feature in mario party 9/10 since we literally have no minigames. All you do it take a figurine and then just tap it on a tablet. YOU DO THIS FOR EVEN UP TO AN HOUR THAT COULD HAVE BEEN REPLACED BY PRESSING THE A BUTTON BUT I HAD TO GO SPEND LIKE 15 DOLLARS JUST TO PLAY THE CRAP GAME.

Bells
    3DS
    4055-4458-3009
    Items: Tasty CakeYellow CosmoRed CosmoTasty Cake
Gift received at 12-20-2015, 08:02 AM from xii
    I don't like it since is basically a Mario Party "rip off" I put rip off in "" since both are made by Nintendo O_e should have made Animal Crossing character DLC for Mario Party like they did for Mario Kart, but that's just my opinion :3