question/ advice on something

leftTBT

Bells
Eggs
Old Eggs
Hi, to whoever is reading this. So, I have a (possible) dilemma. I have two more dreamies I need. One of them I need is __ (blanking it so the person isn't blatantly obvious). I found a 'cycle town' who had her, and I immediately replied to their page, saying I wanted __, and to reserve her.

This person has a 100% wifi rating, but since I paid her for both reserving and pre-paying for __ (a total of around 50 tbt, and since then I've found this dreamy isn't even in the tier she said she was), she has not replied to any of my questions, and it's been four days.

I'm not trying to be rude/pushy at all, I just want to know a time frame of when she would be in boxes, so I have room for her if I happen to find my other dreamy. But no reply.
The last message I VM'd her was exactly when she was online, and she has replied to other people's posts on her wall, but ignored mine, and my PM. I'm wondering if I should be concerned or not since she has ignored me, and what to do if I should be concerned. Any advice?

Last edited:
If she's replying to other people, but not to you, then something seems fishy. I'd look at the number of ratings she has. If it's a large number, then maybe there's just some misunderstanding or she gets so many messages it overwhelms her and I'd wait 2-3 more days and see if she responds. If it's a small number of ratings, then maybe she isn't that trustworthy and she just hasn't scammed someone yet. I'd try to keep it between you two as much as possible and then leave negative feedback and/or go to the mods if it's clear she's not cooperating.

Edit: I'd wait a few more days and keep trying to PM / VM her. If she is who I think she is (it's not that hard for me to find that stuff out if I really want to), she is fairly active and some of her posts to other people imply that she is busy. Her wi-fi rating isn't huge, but it's not like she joined last week and decided to scam someone.

Last edited:
Did you read over every rule slowly? Sometimes you miss things.
they might be someone prefers notifying you when a villager is ready versus answering every other day.
I don't know though it kinda sketches me out too.
If you can't get ANY reply i'd visit the shop and buy a bell correction from bookers shop and also pm a moderator and report the thread with a description like you did here!

Did you read over every rule slowly? Sometimes you miss things.
they might be someone prefers notifying you when a villager is ready versus answering every other day.
I don't know though it kinda sketches me out too.
If you can't get ANY reply i'd visit the shop and buy a bell correction from bookers shop and also pm a moderator and report the thread with a description like you did here!

Just reread it, no rules broken. They have 20 good ratings, and no bad, but they also don't have any ratings from selling villagers. :/ I'll wait a couple more days. And thanks for the tip about the corrections thing.

- - - Post Merge - - -

If she's replying to other people, but not to you, then something seems fishy. I'd look at the number of ratings she has. If it's a large number, then maybe there's just some misunderstanding or she gets so many messages it overwhelms her and I'd wait 2-3 more days and see if she responds. If it's a small number of ratings, then maybe she isn't that trustworthy and she just hasn't scammed someone yet. I'd try to keep it between you two as much as possible and then leave negative feedback and/or go to the mods if it's clear she's not cooperating.

Edit: I'd wait a few more days and keep trying to PM / VM her. If she is who I think she is (it's not that hard for me to find that stuff out if I really want to), she is fairly active and some of her posts to other people imply that she is busy. Her wi-fi rating isn't huge, but it's not like she joined last week and decided to scam someone.

I assumed it would be easy to find out, with this forum's open design. I'll wait a couple more days, since I'm not too concerned, it just seemed a bit odd to me. And yeah, I agree.
Thanks for the advice. :)

Sorry for hearing that happened to you. That happened to me before as well.
If the person refuses to communicate, you can buy a 'Bell Correction' in the Shop (Booker's Corrections). It costs 10 TBT but is better to get 40TBT back than none :/

I don't think bell corrections are for when you want to cancel a deal; my understanding is that the bell corrections are for reversals of accidentally sending bells to the wrong person (and i think they take a while to go through). instead of purchasing a bell correction, if things reach a point where you think the deal should be canceled and the seller ignores your requests for a refund, then i would pm Oblivia or another moderator about it.

i agree with dad, i don't think bell corrections are supposed to be used unless you accidentally sent bells to the wrong person, so i wouldn't recommend doing that. but your situation does seem weird -- i'd maybe PM her one last time and let her know that you're not sure what you've done wrong, but if you don't get some kind of response you'll have to message a mod about it.

i'm sorry all that's happening to you, though! :c hopefully it's just a misunderstanding and she missed your messages!​

I'm sorry this has happened to you, like Crash said if you don't get some kind of response i'd recommend messaging a mod about it. They'll probably be able to help you or get in contact with that user to see what's going on. It's awful that they'd lie about what tier a villagers in though, I always make sure to check the tier of villagers before I decide to look for them. Although it's understandable some cyclers can make a mistake because the tier list is updated regularly. It's just a bit strange that they'd ignore you all of a sudden. Also, if they made a mistake about the tier, i'm sure they'd correct themselves.

Although this doesn't apply to all cyclers - as most are pretty trustworthy, i'd recommend next time going for a more well-known cycler and lurking on their thread. Although they may not be in town, it's better to have a cycler you know you can trust. Plus the majority of them find them pretty quickly for you. I've had cyclers find a villager for me within 1 or 2 days. I think you should be a little concerned, but I don't think you should take action just yet because she may not have seen your VMs. Don't get too down though, i'm sure you'll be able to find that villager again soon!

Last edited:
Hmmmm that's very strange to be honest. I haven't been doing my cycling the last couple of weeks so I don't have much feedback regarding villager transactions either (although there's a few on there) so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that.
But one thing I am really funny about is somebody paying in advance, I only did it the once for 20tbt for somebody to reserve a villager and I felt so stressed wanting that villager out for them and made sure to respond to this persons messages. I guess not everybody is like that but I'd hate for anybody to worry about losing their Tbt, let alone a villager.

I would try to pm them again and give fair warning that you will have to speak to one of the mods if they don't reply. Yes they may be busy, we all are. But if you're running a cycling town and doing advanced payments you do have some responsibility to follow through or refund.
Sorry this has happened to you :(

I don't think bell corrections are for when you want to cancel a deal; my understanding is that the bell corrections are for reversals of accidentally sending bells to the wrong person (and i think they take a while to go through). instead of purchasing a bell correction, if things reach a point where you think the deal should be canceled and the seller ignores your requests for a refund, then i would pm Oblivia or another moderator about it.

Ah, okay; took your advice on that. Thanks for the tip!

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmmmm that's very strange to be honest. I haven't been doing my cycling the last couple of weeks so I don't have much feedback regarding villager transactions either (although there's a few on there) so I wouldn't put too much emphasis on that.
But one thing I am really funny about is somebody paying in advance, I only did it the once for 20tbt for somebody to reserve a villager and I felt so stressed wanting that villager out for them and made sure to respond to this persons messages. I guess not everybody is like that but I'd hate for anybody to worry about losing their Tbt, let alone a villager.

I would try to pm them again and give fair warning that you will have to speak to one of the mods if they don't reply. Yes they may be busy, we all are. But if you're running a cycling town and doing advanced payments you do have some responsibility to follow through or refund.
Sorry this has happened to you :(
Yeah, it's just like, tell me if you aren't cycling anymore or whatever, so I can get my tbt back, I just want some sort of reply, is all.

As previously stated, see if the person has been posting on the site (click on view profile and then activity tab). If they have not, then maybe they are sick/vacation/out of range, etc.

If they have been posting, try sending a pm with the read request option to ensure that they have read it (at least you will know).

And PM a moderator. If nothing else, the moderator may be able to message them to get the ball rolling (or at least maybe a return of your tbt).

Back