• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Does anybody else have autism/aspergers?

My fiance, her brothers, and my brother have Aspergers, but I don't.

What's it like to date one of us? I'm really interested to know. My fiance gets incredibly frustrated with me and I feel pretty horrible about it sometimes, but I don't really know what I'm doing to cause it most of the time... hah.

I don't have Aspergers, but I have plenty of experience with people who do. I have a really difficult time getting along with people who have it for so many reasons. Many of them are listed here. It can be a difficult thing to have, but I grew up with an old friend who had it and he has really come a long way. He seems to have made quite a few friends now and is better in a lot of areas.

Last edited:
Appearently I was diagnosed with ADD like 10 or 11 years ago but I don't think it's as simple as that. I probably can't be checked by a professional though because my parents get annoyed by that stuff. :/

I was originally diagnosed with ADD, OCD, generalized anxiety, major depression, and PTSD before going to a team specialized to diagnose autism. The pieces just sort of fell together. I'm not very ADD-like at all, but ADHD and autism are considered similar in many ways.

hi i got my diagnosis 2day am i allowed into the club now

i was supposed to get it like a week ago but the doctor was sick so it ws postponed to today instead ayyy
in sweden we still have different diagnoses for autism, aspergers etc (it will be changed in a few years to just autism spectrum disorder, since it is a spectrum and fuctioning labels etc arent rly Great) n i got the diagnosis "atypisk autism" which seems 2 b the old PDD-NOS or atypical autism diagnosis in english (correct me if im wrong but yeah :^) )

anyways i fit most of the criteria 4 an autism diagnosis but my therapist and doctor didnt think i really fit the criteria with wanting 2 do the same thing every day or w/e n the special interest stuff (which i kind of ddisagree on because i definitely have had special interests for as long as i can remember, i just haven't had the need to talk about them that much But Whatever)

so hi im autistic wassuuuuuuuup

hi i got my diagnosis 2day am i allowed into the club now

i was supposed to get it like a week ago but the doctor was sick so it ws postponed to today instead ayyy
in sweden we still have different diagnoses for autism, aspergers etc (it will be changed in a few years to just autism spectrum disorder, since it is a spectrum and fuctioning labels etc arent rly Great) n i got the diagnosis "atypisk autism" which seems 2 b the old PDD-NOS or atypical autism diagnosis in english (correct me if im wrong but yeah :^) )

anyways i fit most of the criteria 4 an autism diagnosis but my therapist and doctor didnt think i really fit the criteria with wanting 2 do the same thing every day or w/e n the special interest stuff (which i kind of ddisagree on because i definitely have had special interests for as long as i can remember, i just haven't had the need to talk about them that much But Whatever)

so hi im autistic wassuuuuuuuup

Congrats for being autistic

this entire forum

glad you are including yourself.

but no, they never wanted to give me an official diagnosis even though I would meet most criteria (special interests, lone wolf, dislikes small talk etc.. you name it I just gave some examples) but they thought I functioned too good socially.. bruh I do not.

Hey! I have high-functioning Autism! But, it doesn't mean you're rude, nor annoying, nor ********, it means you're special! You're unique!

I don't have it personally, but a couple of my family members do have aspergers or have shown signs of having it.
I'm thankful that I've shown signs of neither.

Why though? I am not diagnosed but its symptoms doesn't seem fun to have to deal.

i ws kind of beign sarcastic but i mean

autism isnt something 2 b ashamed of, like it's just part of who i am like.... it beign a part of me doesn't mean that i have to be proud of it, but i don't think there's any reason to hate myself or my autism? Like, when I was younger I'd hate hate hate my symptoms, myself and my social sht so much. now i'm over it because honestly it's not my fault n imo there's nothing wrong with me because im autistic, i just have it more difficult with certain things than other people!! and that's not something 2 be ashamed of. and being autistic has it pros too ??
sure it's not fun to deal w it all the time but usually whenevr something bad happens because im autistic it usually isn't because i'm autistic, but because of the area around me (Like, if a child is being super loud and screaming in public and i'm like dying because of sensory issues i blame the baby and not my autism lmao do u gt what i mean?? like i don't direct that negativity at myself or my autism because that just leads 2 self hatred and internalised ablesim :^) )

i ws kind of beign sarcastic but i mean

autism isnt something 2 b ashamed of, like it's just part of who i am like.... it beign a part of me doesn't mean that i have to be proud of it, but i don't think there's any reason to hate myself or my autism? Like, when I was younger I'd hate hate hate my symptoms, myself and my social sht so much. now i'm over it because honestly it's not my fault n imo there's nothing wrong with me because im autistic, i just have it more difficult with certain things than other people!! and that's not something 2 be ashamed of. and being autistic has it pros too ??
sure it's not fun to deal w it all the time but usually whenevr something bad happens because im autistic it usually isn't because i'm autistic, but because of the area around me (Like, if a child is being super loud and screaming in public and i'm like dying because of sensory issues i blame the baby and not my autism lmao do u gt what i mean?? like i don't direct that negativity at myself or my autism because that just leads 2 self hatred and internalised ablesim :^) )

shine bright

Last edited:
Back