• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Mafia Critique Thread

Arstotzkan

A scum mom
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Zipper Sakura
Flea
Famous Mushroom
White Tulip
Mother's Day Carnation
Pear (Fruit)
Spring Shamrock
March Birthstone (Aquamarine)
Winter Mittens
Cherry (Fruit)
So a few ground rules:

1. Be nice. Critisism can be pretty hard to take for some people - no need to make the experience even harder for them
  2. As a general rule of thumb: for every question you ask, you should answer someone else so the thread isn't buried in questions with no answers.
  3. Try to not get too off topic
  4. When critiquing, if possible, try pointing out a solution to a problem. It does little good to know your flaws without knowing how to improve them.
  5. The more specific you are in your questions, the more likely someone can give a reasoned reply.
  6. No discussion of current games/mistakes in current games.
  7. Theories are in the same spirit as feedback (both need feedback, anyway), so these are allowed and for all purposes act like other forms of feedback when it comes to the rules with the exception of Rule 4.
  8. These are subject to change

So, I guess I'll start! On Mafia Universe, I came across this thread: http://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/threads/761-2-Seers-Cops-and-Keeping-Good-Cover-(by-Yates)

Thoughts? I thought that it seemed a little much to have everyone fake cop claims.

Last edited:
what.

explain how to play mafia like i'm 5. pls.

what.

explain how to play mafia like i'm 5. pls.
Mafia is basically the informed vs the uninformed. There's two groups. The town has most of the players in a game, but they don't know who eachother are. The mafia has only a few players, but they know who eachother are. Town wants to get rid of the mafia, and mafia wants to get rid of the town.

The game has two phases: Day and Night. During the Day, everyone gets together and discusses who they want out of the game. Someone is taken out of the game at the end of the day. Since town is most of the game, the person taken out of the game (or who's lynched) should be mafia, so the mafia have to blend in and act like town. Meanwhile, the town spends time trying to find who the mafia is so they can use the lynch for the town's good.

At night, people who get roles with some sort of ability get the opprotunity to use it. This includes who the mafia takes out of the game (or kills). Other common night abilities are inspections (seeing if someone is apart of the town or the mafia), heals (protecting someone from death for the night), and shooting (killing someone).

I think that's just about it, actually! N e s s has a great flash game in his thread (Mafia Daycare) that explains the rules and takes you through a sample game so I'd highly reccomend going through that.

Mafia is basically the informed vs the uninformed. There's two groups. The town has most of the players in a game, but they don't know who eachother are. The mafia has only a few players, but they know who eachother are. Town wants to get rid of the mafia, and mafia wants to get rid of the town.

The game has two phases: Day and Night. During the Day, everyone gets together and discusses who they want out of the game. Someone is taken out of the game at the end of the day. Since town is most of the game, the person taken out of the game (or who's lynched) should be mafia, so the mafia have to blend in and act like town. Meanwhile, the town spends time trying to find who the mafia is so they can use the lynch for the town's good.

At night, people who get roles with some sort of ability get the opprotunity to use it. This includes who the mafia takes out of the game (or kills). Other common night abilities are inspections (seeing if someone is apart of the town or the mafia), heals (protecting someone from death for the night), and shooting (killing someone).

I think that's just about it, actually! N e s s has a great flash game in his thread (Mafia Daycare) that explains the rules and takes you through a sample game so I'd highly reccomend going through that.

i'm crying this sounds amazing.

i'm crying this sounds amazing.
I know, right!? Honestly once I started playing it on my old home forum, that's all I've ever used forums for anymore lol

Tbh I was worried that I made the explaination too complicated so I'm glad I didn't lmao

Last edited:
I feel like I second guess my scum reads all the time... Do you guys get this? Have you guys found any tells when someone makes a defense to make sure they're scum?

You forgot mention the salty tears and emotional manipulation you kolechian scum

I do I defend myself when people are sus of me without making myself seem more scummy?

- - - Post Merge - - -

I feel like I second guess my scum reads all the time... Do you guys get this? Have you guys found any tells when someone makes a defense to make sure they're scum?

I am the worst at knowing who scum is. It seems to be that most of the time people get more aggressive when there are scum and caught. But I'm not really sure

I do I defend myself when people are sus of me without making myself seem more scummy?

Be calm, refute your suspicious clearly and organized. Don't be rash and just post immediately. If you need to take a few minutes to explain yourself, do so. Rashness and emotions are what makes it look like you're slipping the most. If you do it calmly, it makes it seem like you have nothing to hide/worry about.

You forgot mention the salty tears and emotional manipulation you kolechian scum
s m h you haven't even experienced loyalty to Arstotzka American scum

@Cory What frustrates me is that I feel like certain play is suspicious, but then I always find some excuse to justify it like "they're new" or "that's their meta" or other things :/

s m h you haven't even experienced loyalty to Arstotzka American scum

@Cory What frustrates me is that I feel like certain play is suspicious, but then I always find some excuse to justify it like "they're new" or "that's their meta" or other things :/

I agree. I am not able to start a case but if someone proposes a good one I can expand to it.

tbh you should only fake claim as Cop or Doctor is the roleblocker is still alive. After that i see everything as fair game.

Hi pls help

How do you start off a day1?? I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to just pick someone at random but there isn't usually much to go off of besides role claiming idkk :(

Hi pls help

How do you start off a day1?? I'm pretty sure it's not a good idea to just pick someone at random but there isn't usually much to go off of besides role claiming idkk :(

Policy lynch(lynch someone who is bad or will **** up the game later) or just reaction test.

Help, how do I not get lymched Day one as town?

Maybe try participating because we're always sus of you because you're silent.

Break your meta so hard and then you'll stop getting lynched day one.

Yes yes this 1000% more towards me, please tell me how I can just live past D1 for once in a blue moon.

I honestly don't know. I'm usually asleep when everyone decides to get on you. But from what I've seen, you can get very emotional and heated, which usually never ends well.

I'm wondering how to improve on my scum play. I've only been scum twice, but I want to blend in more. How should I do so?

Back