• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

[Roleplay -+IN PROGRESS+-] Journey Across Yggdrasil

Omg yessss I remember that XD I always find it fun to play as the crazy characters.
Yeah, it is haha xD
Next RP, imma make a crazy character lmao

i think it's in poor taste to constantly make characters with mental illness and then use derogatory terms such as "psycho(path), crazy, and insane to describe them when people who really do suffer from mental illnesses are shot down and degraded because of such words. but you know, that's just my opinion.

if you want to portray an unstable character, show it with actions in the rp. no need to base everything off of how "psycho" and downright "insaneenneneeneeeeeee" your characters always are.

Last edited:
It's 3 AM and I haven't done anything productive except this :'D

Character name: Faustina Rayne

Appearance: weee

Personality: Faustina is a playful and thoughtful teenager, sometimes going on about such and such trivia due to her high intelligence from reading many books (her favorite books are chemistry and biology books). She definitely loves to joke around; being a "proper lady" doesn't appeal to her at all and it isn't really in her blood to be very serious, although she can be a decent person to talk to when it's time to get down to business. She prefers being alone, but she doesn't mind being in a crowd or having the company of others. Often times she will want to impress other people through card tricks (she always stores a deck of cards in her pockets), where she uses pure luck instead of petty illusions to guess what card the other is holding.

Faustina is generally weak, as she was not built for strength or endurance. She can multi-task, however not to a large extent. She has no idea whatsoever how to yield any weapon but a bow and spear, so for the most of it, Faustina sticks to her knowledge in particular to herbs, wines, and spices. She is quite quick on her feet and when confronted in a physical combat, she does not fight back but instead dodges enemy attacks simply by guessing where these attacks will most likely hit. She uses her luck as her greatest aid in fights, second to which is her knowledge in alchemy (for this, she brings a rather light pot when on adventures).

Backstory: Faustina was born to a peasant family who barely had time, money, and resources to support a child. As such, she was named "Faustina", which meant "fortunate", to signify that hopefully relying on luck would keep her and her parents alive (as they barely had anything) and "Rayne", which meant "blessing from the heavens", to show her parents' wishes that her birth would bring about an abundant amount of rain for their crops to prosper. In a way, Faustina was therefore "a fortunate blessing from the heavens".

However, it was not until a few years later when she had discovered the tremendous amount of fortune god had bestowed on her. When she was toddler, her parents still peasants (but peasants who have met with a good amount of rain yearly for their crops since the birth of their child), Faustina acquired a bad case of viral pneumonia and was bed-ridden for some time, unable to move due to her increasing body heat and constant fatigue. With no money to get a doctor or buy from an apothecary, her parents thought she was a goner, but after several days a miracle had happened: Faustina had been cured of her sickness without any help asides from rest. No one could explain such phenomenon; it was unlike any other disease-related case anyone has heard of. Through hushed voices and gossips, when they would talk about the child who had been cured of this and that horrible disease without anything but rest, there was that one phrase constantly uttered: "She got lucky."

Since then Faustina had become increasingly fortunate, from picking up a handful of pennies on the streets to finding rare herbs and ingredients sold at high prices. As she grew older, when she had leaned about luck-based ways of making money, she would sometimes sneak out from work to join gambles with older men, using her luck to the best of her abilities She would almost always win, earning her large amounts of money. Gamblers then called dubbed her as 'lady luck', saying that it was near impossible for them to beat her, no matter if she were years younger than most of her gambling mates. Travelers who came to town would stop by and play with Faustina, thinking each had a chance at scoring against her, although to end their efforts proved fruitless. Faustina was sometimes thought of to be the Roman Goddess Fortuna, the goddess of luck, in human form.

From luck and intelligence (she also had an affinity to books), she got her family out of peasantry and the manor system. They bought a land for themselves and are now considered very wealthy. Faustina now runs an apothecary shop where she sells the most expensive yet most effective medicines due to the rarity of the herbs and ingredients she could find. Although this is her main source of income, she also has a side job in gambling areas where she is paid a good amount for winning against challengers who try to prove her luck wrong.

As of recently, Faustina is learning more on alchemy, mixing and matching different ingredients to create not just medicine but all sorts of elixirs (i.e. elixirs for stamina, strength, magika, etc. that last a certain amount of time); in any case, she has much more to learn about. Her main goal is to use her knowledge to create an elixir of immortality.

STATS:
Code:
STR: 2
DEX: 3
END: 2
INT: 6
WIS: 5
CHA: 2
LCK: 10

P.S.: Should I include her magical abilities already or should I PM them to you first? o:

Last edited:
i think it's in poor taste to constantly make characters with mental illness and then use derogatory terms such as "psycho(path), crazy, and insane to describe them when people who really do suffer from mental illnesses are shot down and degraded because of such words. but you know, that's just my opinion.

if you want to portray an unstable character, show it with actions in the rp. no need to base everything off of how "psycho" and downright "insaneenneneeneeeeeee" your characters always are.

Okay I understand. I'll delete my character if it offends people here, I just like to RP Harley Quinn like characters. Sorry I offended you.

Last edited:
Including new rules for magic:

A minimum score of 7 INT is required to perform magic.

At 7 INT characters are allowed 2 spells they can cast without preparation (like getting ingredients and whatnot together)
Every point in INT past 8 allows a character to learn one more spell without preparation. (EX: 9 yields 3, 10 yields 4.)
Characters must select a theme for their spellcasting and all of their spells they can cast must fit the theme. (EX: Illusion, Fire, etc)

Including new rules for magic:

A minimum score of 7 INT is required to perform magic.

At 7 INT characters are allowed 2 spells they can cast without preparation (like getting ingredients and whatnot together)
Every point in INT past 8 allows a character to learn one more spell without preparation. (EX: 9 yields 3, 10 yields 4.)
Characters must select a theme for their spellcasting and all of their spells they can cast must fit the theme. (EX: Illusion, Fire, etc)

damnit I PMed you about magic I didn't get to see this beforehand

So the INT stuff starts at 7 and continues with 9? Do they/how much INT do they need to do a spell that they need to prepare and gather for?

damnit I PMed you about magic I didn't get to see this beforehand

Yeah, I got a few PMs so i figured Id set something up for clarity. As long as it's nothing crazy overpowered like "I CAN MAKE FIRE RAIN FROM THE SKY" it's probably okay. Just standard stuff like fireballs and whatnot is what I have in mind for this stuff.

So the INT stuff starts at 7 and continues with 9? Do they/how much INT do they need to do a spell that they need to prepare and gather for?

The ability to cast magic starts at 7. Preparing for a spell is essentially just reading it from a book, getting the materials, and doing the ritual for it. If you don't know the spell intimately it takes the same amount of time across the board.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got a few PMs so i figured Id set something up for clarity. As long as it's nothing crazy overpowered like "I CAN MAKE FIRE RAIN FROM THE SKY" it's probably okay. Just standard stuff like fireballs and whatnot is what I have in mind for this stuff.

The ability to cast magic starts at 7.

Yeah, don't expect me to do anything crazy like that. I'll take a little time to think about a theme instead of just jumping right in with something cliche, I don't want my character to be boring.

so you already know i'm going illusory zeph, but i pmed you some things i was thinking about as far as keeping my spells grounded in balanced ability.

edit: alright we're settled then! if anything starts tomorrow bear with me, doctors about an hour away, there's traffic but i'll be home tomorrow eventually. same thing for 4/5 and 4/11 but otherwise i'm pretty reliable participant usually

Last edited:
Hey Zeph! I took your advice and edited my character's stats, and I added a part about alchemy at the end of both her personality and backstory. c:

Last edited:
Leah your character is fine, but they'd be far better if described in a different tone that puts more emphasis on why they're obsessed as opposed to the obsession itself. I only say pls no to more crazy characters because overdoing an archetype can get very tedious when everyone tries to do it.

Oh, hey Zeph, I was just wondering when we're going to start? I'm not trying to rush you, I'm just curious ^~^;

ROLEPLAY START
All posts beyond this point must be in character. To post out of character (OOC), enclose your words in parenthesis.

Dranoir, the Capital of Favonia. Whether you've been here for a while or only arrived recently it'd be an arduous feat to not know much of this stronghold of the West. The colossal wall that surrounds the city towers over the buildings that sit humbly at its base and acts as a testament to both the pride and power the Favonian council holds. Breaching the walls were almost universally seen as an impossible task to all but the most ambitious of invaders, and thus the ongoing conflict between Favonian and Borea has been reduced to small scale conflicts fueled by propaganda and dissent.

Posters were scattered around the city proclaiming a citizen's duty is to his city, and the council's duty is to their people. This is partially what made Dranoir so impervious - every citizen in its walls were prepared at any moment to defend their home tooth and nail against outside threats. Failing to do so would mean risking ostracation and exile, assuming they could escape the ensuing mob first. In many people's eyes, if you weren't with them, you were against them. This was how it has been for years.

This was Dranoir.​

4ab6a6c3ac0737ec7ec2de4100485606.png

Sounds of cheers were in the air and children ran up and down the streets in excitement. Today was special - it was the 21st of September; the autumnal equinox. Every year on this day, the harvest festival would be held as a means to bestow the city with good luck in hopes of a mild winter. People from all over the city gathered to watch as contestants would demonstrate their skill, strength, and magical prowess with the very best of them receiving the council's praise and a reward decided at random.

Market stalls lined the streets showing off all the fresh produce from this year's harvest. Street performers were enthusiastically displaying their talents - constant strums of lutes, the pounding of drums, and the blowing of whistles mixed intermittently with the occasional surge of cheering coming from the crowds surrounding the jugglers and magicians. Shuffling around the masses were small bands of pickpockets rifling through the riches of the unsuspecting foreigners. It was as anybody would expect the festival would be - lively and chaotic with excitement buzzing in the brisk autumn air.

As you stand in the street feeling the energy of the city flow through you, you ponder your actions.

What will you do?​

Back