• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers personality balance in your town ?

Westerly: 2 cranky, 2 snooty, 1 normal, 1 lazy, 1 jock, 1 peppy, 1 smug, 1 uchi
Granada: 3 normal, 2 lazy, 1 peppy, 1 jock, 1 uchi, 1 smug, 1 snooty
Croydon: 2 normal, 2 jock, 1 lazy, 1 peppy, 1 smug, 1 uchi, 1 cranky, 1 snooty

Last edited:
I have 3 peppies (Rosie, Bunnie and Pippy)
2 normals (Chevre and Molly)
2 uchis (Deidre and Sylvia)
1 lazy (Punchy)
1 smug (Jacques)

I'm hoping to get a snooty - when I acquire Diana and a jock once I can get Hamlet back!

Right now I have
2 lazy
3 normal
1 smug
2 cranky
1 jock
1 peppy
0 uchi
0 snooty

I just don't take well to uchis and snooty is also a difficult one....I don't feel they fit my town very well for some reason :(
Having said that, I thought the same about jocks until I got Rudy. Never thought I could love a villager with that personality

right now i have two lazy, two normal, two snooty, two smug, one jock, and one peppy. i got an extra snooty bc i really just wanted a 10th villager, but i'll probably replace with another normal or lazy villager(my favorites). i lost mira to a tt accident and i'm unsure if i want another uchi(i mean i want the pwps, but i don't really like the personality or the look of most of them)

I have 3 peppies and they're all rabbits lol planning on getting a snooty soon so I'll have all personalities in my town.

I currently have 2 lazies, 2 smugs (I used to have 3, but one of them moved today), 1 cranky, 0 jock (though I'm desperately searching for Kid Cat), 2 snooty sheep, 2 peppy bunnies, 0 normals, and 0 uchis (though I'm going to try to get Cherry after she's cycled out). I'm having a hard time finding a Normal villager that I actually want in my town as I just recently lost Skye (whom I really liked), and I don't see myself being able to cycle her out very quickly... :c

Cranky villagers are honestly my absolute favorites as they seem really dismissive but you can really tell when they start to warm up to you. When they do, they're really caring, sometimes awkward in the cutest of ways, and funny in the quirkiest of ways. Butch is my absolute favorite villager because of it, and I'd initially never thought he'd ever be up there. Now he's never leaving me whether he likes it or not. <3

Lazies and Jocks are really funny, and having multiples of them is always a treat. They have such enjoyable conversations, and they always seem to be the ones that form "friend groups"; Bob, Stitches, and Kid Cat (close second-favorite) always talked to each other, and the two cats leaving made the town seem so much more lonely. Every time I've ever had a lazy villager, I've gotten a picture of them after they moved, while the only jock I've ever gotten a pic of was Kid Cat (although I've never had very many).

Smug villagers can either seem as though they're trying too hard to be likable (Chadder/Chops), they're that cool acquaintance you can root out if you need to make small talk or just have fun (Eugene/Lucha/Zell), or can just be so awkward that it's unbearably cute (Marshal/Kidd). I do really like them, though.

Snooty villagers are like the female crankies for me--they're nothing like me, but they're really fun to talk to after they've grown on me (although that hasn't happened often). Some of them have made me feel downright uncomfortable, though.

Peppy villagers can either be really annoying or really fun, and I can say this after having a ton of them (I once had six peppy villagers in my town at the same time, so I may be biased against them). I've never been able to warm up to any of them because they're a bit too optimistic for me, but I may be starting to really like Pippy. Time will tell!

Normal villagers are like those dependable friends who'll invite you to tea just for the heck of it and will always be there for you. That being said, I don't find them all that entertaining (although their adventures and misadventures can be), but I don't dislike them, either.

...and, finally, uchi villagers are kind of like normal villagers for me, but I feel as though they are more like quirky/sisterly friends than the stereotypical bestie. Cherry's probably my third favorite villager--she was a total blast to have in my town, and I can't wait until the day she finally moves back in. Wishful thinking!

Last edited:
My town with 10 villagers has 9 lazy and 1 jock, who's just there for the pwp requests.

since my town is all bear cubs, i have no snooties or smugs. but that's fine with me. although i do wish cupcake was still around (i believe she was a snooty cub from the first game)

Pixels: Jock- 1, Cranky, 1, Lazy- 0, Smug- 3, Uchi 1, Snooty- 1, Normal- 1, Peppy- 1.

Storm: Jock- 2, Cranky- 0, Lazy- 2, Smug- 1, Uchi- 1, Snooty- 1, Normal- 2, Peppy- 1.

Oak: Jock- 1, Cranky- 0, Lazy- 2, Smug- 0, Uchi- 1, Snooty- 1, Normal- 3, Peppy- 1.

Buttburg: 3 lazy, 1 everything else
Fawnland: 2 lazy, 2 smug (1 moving out soon), 2 peppy, 2 normal, 0 uchi, 0 snooty, 1 jock, 1 cranky

Im obsessed with normal villagers so i have fauna, chevre, cally, and goldie , my only uchi would be deirdre, my lazy boys are punchy amd marcel (he'll be gone soon) ive got one smug wit o'hare, also one peppy who is felicity :) my babies !

Currently I have 1 normal, 1 peppy, 1 lazy, 1 smug, 1 uchi, 2 crankies, and 3 jocks. Quite frankly I don't care about personality balance anymore. I just want to get a snooty for that hot spring PWP but I could care less about keeping one. There's so many good cranky and jock villagers as well, and I'm not a huge fan of normal and peppy villagers.

In my first town, I didn't really care about balance, until I ended up with 3 lazies and let one go.

In my first town I have: two snooty, two lazy, two peppy, two normal, one uchi, and one cranky.

In my second town I paid a little more attention to balance, so now I have one of each, except for two normals, and two snooties.

I try to have a good balance of villagers who I also like...

2 Cranky: Rolf and Fang (crankies are very nice, they're so underrated!)
2 Lazy: Beau and Papi
2 Normal: Mitzi and Flurry
1 (future) Peppy: Bianca
2 Peppy: Diana and Whitney
1 (future) Smug: Shep

I like to have all the personality types.

2- smugs (Zell & Julian)
2- normals (Pekoe & Skye)
1- lazy (Stitches)
1- cranky (Roscoe)
1- jock (Scoot)
1- snooty (Francine)
1- uchi (Fuchsia)
1- peppy (Chrissy)

i have one grumpy one lazy one normal two smugs but there personalities are chaging is that possible

I have Punchy (lazy), Jeremiah (lazy), Kabuki (cranky), Tom (cranky), Nana (normal), Mitzi (normal), Lolly (normal), Chrissy (peppy), Francine (snooty) and Marshal (smug).

I don't have any uchis or smugs in my town right now. Hopefully one of the villagers I'd allow to go suggests moving soon, so I can get it a bit even.

(planned villagers)

4 normal's
2 lazy's
1 peppy
1 uchi
1 cranky

might change it up a bit tho

Back