• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Villagers personality balance in your town ?

In Clavicus I have
3 Jocks (Leonardo, Snake, Sterling)
2 Peppies (Ruby, Apple)
1 Normal (Gladys)
1 Cranky (Static)
1 Smug (Jullian)
1 Lazy (Lucky)
1 Snooty (Ankha)

Once I unfreeze the town I'm planning on moving out Sterling with my Fushia card, but I'm too focused on Powtown right now.

Powtown:
2 Smug (Phil, Ken)
2 Cranky (Kabuki, Rasher)
1 Jock (Kid Cat)
1 Normal (Coco)
1 Uchi (Mira)
1 Snooty (Alli)
1 Lazy (Big Top)
1 Peppy (Agent S)

Having a balance of personalities is important to me! Whenever I come up with an idea for a town I balance out the villagers. Priority for Powtown was that they look like superheroes/supervillians though. I just lucked out that there was at least one who fit the bill in each personality. And I like Smugs, Crankies, and Peppies a lot so I'm glad I have two of each in my towns. And the jocks have kind of grown on me.

1 Jock (Kid Cat)
1 Peppy (Rosie)
2 Cranky (Kabuki, Tom)
2 Normal (Lolly, Mitzi)
2 Lazy (Punchy, Bob)
2 Snooty (Ankha, Olivia)

I honestly do not think about the balance of their personalities but rather how each of my villagers represent parts of my personality in some odd ways hahahahah ; )

Fellheim is quite balanced. I like to have all of the personalities around to make sure that the dialogue doesn't get too stale. When doubling villager personality types to make the total ten, I like to avoid those that are very specific and repetitive. I find that jock and peppy villagers are very specific/unique with their dialogue and repeat themselves more often. That isn't to say that I don't like them, but I just don't want more than one each around.

Here's my current makeup! :D

2 Cranky | 1 Jock | 2 Lazy | 1 Normal | 1 Peppy | 1 Smug | 1 Snooty | 1 Uchi

2s8kzgg.jpg

i like lazies, crankies, and normals the most, but i don't want to inundate my town with them or else they get repetitive and then i start to dislike villagers ;;; so to keep a balance, i try to keep at most 2 of each type in my town. rn, i have:

2 peppy (ruby, wendy)
1 smug (o'hare)
1 cranky (fang)
2 normal (daisy, lolly)
1 lazy (erik)
2 jock (teddy, bill)
1 snooty (blanche)

i wanted to have 2 lazies instead of 2 jocks, but erik is toooo precious for me to make him repetitive. plus bill will look super cute when all the trees start turning red

In Hangzhou my villagers are all picked out and permanent:

2 Cranky (Butch, Angus)
2 Normal (Ch?vre, Dora)
1 Peppy (Bianca)
1 Smug (Ken)
1 Jock (Flip)
1 Snooty (Annalise)
1 Uchi (Agnes)
1 Lazy (Drago)

In Sundance right now I have 9 villagers and am planning to fill the last slot with a smug to balance, but as for now:

2 Peppy (Freckles, Pinky)
2 Normal (Margie, Flurry)
1 Snooty (Francine)
1 Uchi (Frita)
1 Cranky (Chow)
1 Lazy (Rex)
1 Jock (Poncho)

:D

Westerly: Two crankies (Kabuki and Roscoe) and two snooties (Tipper and Whitney)
Granada: Two lazies (Anchovy and Biskit) and two normals (Maple and Tia)
New York: Two smugs (Kyle and Wolf Link) and two uchis (Cherry and Deirdre)
Orlando: Two jocks (Poncho and Roald) and two peppies (Carmen and Cookie)

In Hogwarts I have

2 Normals: Tia & Fauna
2 Lazies: Bones & Stitches
2 Snooties: Freya & Portia
1 Jock: Coach
1 Smug: Euguene
1 Uchi: Shari
1 Cranky: Lobo

And I'm in the process of getting rid of Tia so I can move another Uchi in because they say the funniest things.

I must have one of each personality and then the extras are just characters I'm particularly fond of.

My favorites are the normals, peppies, and Lazies. I think I have one of each in my town except for an Uchi.

i love peppy, smug, and snooty the most! i also enjoy uchi villagers (not a lot seem too?) and normal + lazy villagers. i dislike cranky and jock villagers so i have none in my town

I like to keep it as balanced as possible; I originally wanted all types but I never settled on a smug villager so that is the type missing from my town. I have like 4 normals and 2 lazys and they all harmonize well together <3
Lol I love all my villagers, I wish they wouldn't pig to move every single day tho~

I wanted to have it balanced but I couldn't get attached to any jocks, so none of them in my town.
I used to have 3 peppy villagers at one point but it got a bit repetitive, so I only have 2 now.

my town consists of 2 normal, 2 peppy, 2 snooty, 1 uchi, 1 smug, 1 cranky, 1 lazy

I wanted to have it balanced but I couldn't get attached to any jocks, so none of them in my town.
I used to have 3 peppy villagers at one point but it got a bit repetitive, so I only have 2 now.

my town consists of 2 normal, 2 peppy, 2 snooty, 1 uchi, 1 smug, 1 cranky, 1 lazy

I don't like the Jocks either.

I have Teddy and am thinking of getting rid of him, because I'm sick of being asked absurd, boring, sport related questions.

I've never been a sports fan.
I loathe it.

Personalities I have to have:

~Grouchy (specifically Grizzly, Fang, W. Link)
~Normal (specifically Poppy, Molly, Medli)
~Lazy (specifically Derwin, Drago)
~Smug (specifically Marshal)
~Athletic (specifically Axel)

Personalities I refuse to have:

~Uchi
~Peppy (exception: Sheri)
~Snooty

So, yeah. I suppose my town is pretty balanced.

Last edited:
I like to have one of each personalities for the PWP then once I get all the requests I usually settle for either more than one normal/snooty/cranky/peppy/ depends on the villager that I like. Right now I have 2 snooty, 3 normal, 2 peppy, smug, cranky and a lazy.

I have:
2 peppy, Rosie and Anabelle
2 uchi, Hazel and Cherry
2 normal, Rhonda and Gladys
1 cranky, Kabuki
1 jock, Boots
1 snooty, Amelia.

I don't mind having more than one villager of the same personality type, especially when they're uchi since uchis are great to hang out with!

2 Peppy (Agent S and Victoria)
2 Normal (Lolly and Merengue)
2 Jock (Genji and Leonardo)
1 Uchi (Canberra)
1 Cranky (Rocco)
1 Lazy (Deli)
1 Snooty (Whitney)

I have no Smug villagers (I previously had 2 at the same time annnnnd I didn't like either of them) but I don't realy mind because smug is my least-fave personality type :/

Lessee..

Cranky - Roscoe
Snooty - Mallary, Friga
Peppy - Pate
Normal - Aurora, Merengue, Celia, Maple
Smug - Keaton
Uchi - Flo

Yeah, Normal villagers are the biggest category in my town. It's not my fault they're so cute!

Back