• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Anyone else still holding out hope for WW on Wii U outside Europe?

pika62221

Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
I hold out hope it still comes to other regions, especially North America since it's already setup for world play- that was their original claim why all the real world holidays were removed. It's the highest selling game of the series, and by far the highest selling in Japan, so you'd think Japan at least would see it. I'm still holding out hope since it was setup for easy localization in 2005 that it'll be released outside Europe, but as every week passes and it doesn't show up, it's a little bit more discouraging, especially knowing it's not like they have to localize a different code, it was originally intended to be international from the start with the region-free DS. Anyone else hoping to see it on Wii U's VC elsewhere? Yes, I still play my original occasionally, and yes, Wii U has an outstanding first party lineup, so it's not a necessity- like I'd stop playing Wii U, but it would be nice if it was available outside Europe!

I don't see why it hasn't been released outside Europe and you'd expect America to get things first anyway. Not sure how they've set it all up with the controls and such but surely there are so few differences between the regions it wouldn't be an issue.

I know the European copy is less prone to glitches such as the Birthday Freeze and Gulliver Freeze issues so perhaps that's why? It also uses 24-hour time, lol.

...w-what? WW on Wii U? That's a thing?..

im moving to Europe

Last edited:
I'm still waiting, I want to have a second town and start fresh. I will not lose hope, they re-released Kirby's Return to Dream Land on the Wii U in North America a few months after it reached other regions.

...w-what? WW on Wii U? That's a thing?..

im moving to Europe

Yeah, but it's not all that exciting as the resolution stays the same and whatnot so it's kind of crumby. Plug an Xbox 360 controller into a high-end laptop and said laptop into the TV and you'll get a better experience.

Also, if it bothers you that much then you could just import a European Wii U as that works, lol. There may also be some RegionFOUR equivalent for it but I'm not sure.

Yeah, but it's not all that exciting as the resolution stays the same and whatnot so it's kind of crumby. Plug an Xbox 360 controller into a high-end laptop and said laptop into the TV and you'll get a better experience.

Also, if it bothers you that much then you could just import a European Wii U as that works, lol. There may also be some RegionFOUR equivalent for it but I'm not sure.

Yeah after seeing that it had no Internet features I lost interest fast. I love AC being handheld- the way it should be tbh. A very mobile style game, even though it was originally for console. When I had CF I didn't have the time to sit down at the TV to play every day. Too much effort.

Last edited:
Back