• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Glitch or no glitch?

SupeSpaght

Pasta Popper
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
So my little brother recently bought a USED copy Wild World. The person who had originally owned it forgot to erase their town, and their time was set to late April of 2001. There were of course weeds everywhere. My little brother reset of course, and set the right time, created his own town, yadda yadda.

Today he let me crate my own save file so I can also live in his town. I of course gladly accepted his offer, and made my one character. But everytime I try to, there end up being weeds everywhere and cockroaches inside the house! Could this have something to do with the fact that it's a used copy? Is it a glitch? Does everyone experience this?

EDIT: The year was actually randomly set to 2031 when I made my file. I'm sure this is some weird glitch or somethin, but if you know something else, please tell me!

Last edited:
Yeah the year being 2031 would explain it, and if you happened to save after finding the weeds/roaches, no time altering will remove them again. Just try to make sure your game and DS times are in sync?

Yeah, check your DS and make sure it's not set to 2031, and make sure the game with the phone is set to 2016 as well. One of those sounds out of whack.

Back