• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Ness' Photography Dump

N e s s

Waiting for something to happen?
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
う
Holiday Candy Cane 2016
Red Feather
Father's Day Carnation
Cherry (Fruit)
Happy Home Designer Token
Orange Mote of Flame
Apple (Fruit)
January Birthstone (Garnet)
Small Mailbox
Ness' Photography Gallery
Critique always appreciated!
Last updated 4/17/16

Taken 3/19/16

1nRQ66d.jpg

Taken 3/20/16

ecedFQZ.jpg

Taken 3/21/16

uZsfcI7.jpg

F4gc0Aa.jpg

Taken sometime in March 2016

uvJkd6O.jpg

Taken 4/2/16[/B]

QrOUH0X.jpg

PjxSb7E.jpg

MT0Ru34.jpg

Taken 4/9/16

jrwWQQi.jpg

TrwUdC5.jpg

U1ktAPj.jpg

0mFfofn.jpg

Taken 4/17/16

KdpjOCN.jpg

KdpjOCN.jpg

dgctmU0.jpg

RocJrLy.jpg

mptjZDG.jpg

Photos of May 2016

EA229sF.jpg

7k8J0FG.jpg

o2loOYY.jpg

SYrdStw.jpg

qz5Tdpz.jpg

wqaeJmg.jpg

Things to consider~

-Please don't be rude. I enjoy constructive criticism and critique, but if you're just going to be flat out mean, then its unappreciated.

-The current photos shown are not the only ones in there! Everytime a month passes I put all the previous photos of that month into a spoiler to view another day.

Enjoy the gallery!​

Last edited:
Omgg I love photography; I'm hoping to be a camerawoman one day haha

Just wanna wish you good luck! xD

The picture needs to be bigger for a better view. From what I can tell though shouldn't the background be more blurred so it shows more focus on the guitar?

The picture needs to be bigger for a better view. From what I can tell though shouldn't the background be more blurred so it shows more focus on the guitar?

Well, if you'd like the real image, it takes up the entire post and all you can see is the guitar pick. I resized it, but it came out a bit smaller and I didn't really feel up to resizing it again.

I was also trying to go for the focus on the guitar pick, with the distance of the neck to the guitar having a nice effect since the lighting from my window was giving of a perfect reflection of it. I could resize it if you'd like to see it better?

Well, if you'd like the real image, it takes up the entire post and all you can see is the guitar pick. I resized it, but it came out a bit smaller and I didn't really feel up to resizing it again.

I was also trying to go for the focus on the guitar pick, with the distance of the neck to the guitar having a nice effect since the lighting from my window was giving of a perfect reflection of it. I could resize it if you'd like to see it better?
you can always put it in a spoiler. i think it's a good picture for your first one tho

Wow. You're going be a professional as soon as you're 18? How old are you now if you've just started getting into it?

Wow. You're going be a professional as soon as you're 18? How old are you now if you've just started getting into it?

I'm currently 14, I want to try to go to a film academy somewhere, i've always been a big fan of some photography online.

Also can't tell if this is sarcasm but w/e

Last edited:
I started taking some photo's today but my camera ran out of batterys, so I had to settle with what I had for now. Anyway, this picture I think is the best one I took out of all that I took today, so some critique on it would be nice. I also tried a photo editor to try and blur out the backround for the first time, so I don't know if it will be that great. Anyway, heres the photo c:

ecedFQZ.jpg

Any advice or critique would be nice c:

Last edited:
I used to really be into photography, so this is pretty cool to see. For just starting out though, these are pretty good! The best tip is to just keep taking photos, and figuring out how you like to take them. Treat it like a form of art, and they'll surprisingly become better and better!

I hope to see more c:

I started taking some photo's today but my camera ran out of batterys, so I had to settle with what I had for now. Anyway, this picture I think is the best one I took out of all that I took today, so some critique on it would be nice. I also tried a photo editor to try and blur out the backround for the first time, so I don't know if it will be that great. Anyway, heres the photo c:

ecedFQZ.jpg

Any advice or critique would be nice c:
I actually love photography and critique - so this is right up my alley!

Blurring is good, but it has to be gradual. In focusing on something in real life, you don't have one spot that's super crisp and everything else is suddenly one other level. You need to do more of a radial blur if you're going to blur route. Also, you need to be able to define your focus in other ways besides the blur. Having it take up a majority of your composition is a good way, but like in this example it's hard to tell if you want us to focus on the pot holding the plants (like the whole container) or just that individual plant.

You're also going to want any distractions gone from the picture. Like in this one, I know it wasn't your intention, but my focus keeps shifting to the yellow label at the bottom. Its a vibrant yellow, which is VERY good at catching attention. Unfortunately, I don't think that's quite what you want the viewer to pay attention to.

Finally, just a quick tip, but sometimes it adds to image variety if you have your focus (the thing you want people to focus on in the image) set to kind of a thirds thing, if that makes sense. Like if you offset it a 3rd of the image to the left or right, it adds more dimension. It just depends on what else you've got though. Like in your first picture, the flow of the piece was a vertical line, so center was good. In this one, there's a lot of diagonals that you could have played with when taking the shot, so I think setting it off would have perhaps been better.

- - - Post Merge - - -

But like Luca said, it's ultimately an expression of art. There's no right or wrong way to take photos - just some tips from the style I've developed ;u;

I like the ideas, but the backgrounds are too distracting! Find some nice colored backgrounds that compliment (or nicely contrast) the focus object!

I like the ideas, but the backgrounds are too distracting! Find some nice colored backgrounds that compliment (or nicely contrast) the focus object!

Ah sorry! I'll try to find a good picture tomorrow c:

Or even just some backgrounds that aren't as interesting as the focus.

I WAS TRYING TO FIND WORDS FOR THIS THANK ETCHA

beautiful pieces of work

if you want to get even more professional check out FroKnowsPhotos on youtube... its how my dad learned and his are awesome!

Looking pretty good Ness.

Also I'm screaming at the fact you're 14. So young.

Back