• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

Simple's Gallery!

Simple

La Vie En Rose
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
s0LWFnP.gif

lunMydk.png

Welcome to my Gallery thread! This is where I will be posting many of my art drawings. I'm definitely starting out so I may not be great at them, but I'm hoping to improve. I'm mainly looking for comments, suggestions, and critiques; but feel free to talk to me! I will be posting often and may stream live when asked. My drawings are "terrible"... please don't judge me. (Haha) My styles vary because I'm currently in the experimental stage. Casual conversations are also welcomed!

Many of my drawings will be posted throughout the thread! Not all will be in the spoiler, only my beginning art!

First time Drawing:
wCAvX5Q.gif
JoAyMeJ.png

Second time Drawing:
y1u36pM.png

Third time Drawing:
Uy9xRXX.png

Fourth time Drawing :
Q57PFwH.png

Lost track at this point! :
OerEJtr.gif
DR4Xrjo.png

Rest are found throughout the thread! Keep check on my progress and improvements!

Most Recent:

NaS2gmJ.gif

TKR1FKs.gif

Above art already belongs to its appropriate owners, I had drawn for them

Last edited:
YES SIMPLE YES
you've improved so much in a short time (':
u go girl

Noone can improve as fast as you though :'D Yey can't wait to see it!

I'm actually using the new thing I was talking about, or the new method for drawing lines!! Here is a sneak peak on what I'm drawing. It's similar to the one I drew above, but a revamped one!

3WkQaaG.png

I'm actually using the new thing I was talking about, or the new method for drawing lines!! Here is a sneak peak on what I'm drawing. It's similar to the one I drew above, but a revamped one!

3WkQaaG.png

Ooo looks good so far!~ c:

Hey Everyone! Just finished my 4th art piece! I would appreciate any feedback! YAY! Thanks!

MlqVF5M.png

Last edited:
Oh my goodness she is so cute! I wants her! <3

These are looking great simple!

OMG.. How did you see that so fast? I took it down because I forgot something on it haha. NOW IT IS BACK UP! Really you like it? Are you Interested in the art? : 3

OMG.. How did you see that so fast? I took it down because I forgot something on it haha. NOW IT IS BACK UP! Really you like it? Are you Interested in the art? : 3

Haha yea I seen and was like yesss I need her x3 How much is she? I love her design <3

Haha yea I seen and was like yesss I need her x3 How much is she? I love her design <3

Awe thank you! Uhm I'm not sure haha. What would you like to offer?

Last edited:
Ahhhh simple this looks absolutely amazing! Looks great so far~

You're are so swee thank you! I haven't been able to draw or add anything yet! This weekend hopefully. Just an update if anyone even checks this thread... I will be getting a new monitor/pc hopefully enhancing my experience! Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hey Everyone! Just finished my 4th art piece! I would appreciate any feedback! YAY! Thanks!

MlqVF5M.png

It's pretty darn cute!
I really love the style you're coming up with and I'd like to give you some critique and tips to help you out; but I would like to make sure it's okay with you first.

Last edited:
It's pretty darn cute!
I really love the style you're coming up with and I'd like to give you some critique and tips to help you out; but I would like to make sure it's okay with you first.

Of course! I don't mind. I'm definitely a starter and don't know much about it. Please do share :D Thanks for asking to state!

Of course! I don't mind. I'm definitely a starter and don't know much about it. Please do share :D Thanks for asking to state!

Great!

So, here's a few critiques:
You might want to add a line in between the neck and the head (the chin)

You should start doing shading, you can start by doing a bit under the dress on her legs, a few on her forehead under her hair, and some on her neck under her chin. Be sure you know where your light source is. I recommend looking up a light source tutorial.

I see a few little intersecting lines that go past eachother. If you have a program that has stabilizers, try doing lineart with those ramped up. It makes everything really smooth to use.

Here's a few things you might wanna take a look at:
View attachment 168807 Here's the light source guide that I use. Some day you won't have to use this type of stuff, you'll just know!
tutorial__cel_shading_by_fyuvix.jpg
You don't have to do this, but I thought it would have some value in telling how shadows work.

Last edited:
Great!

So, here's a few critiques:
You might want to add a line in between the neck and the head (the chin)

You should start doing shading, you can start by doing a bit under the dress on her legs, a few on her forehead under her hair, and some on her neck under her chin. Be sure you know where your light source is. I recommend looking up a light source tutorial.

I see a few little intersecting lines that go past eachother. If you have a program that has stabilizers, try doing lineart with those ramped up. It makes everything really smooth to use.

Here's a few things you might wanna take a look at:
View attachment 168807 Here's the light source guide that I use. Some day you won't have to use this type of stuff, you'll just know!
tutorial__cel_shading_by_fyuvix.jpg
You don't have to do this, but I thought it would have some value in telling how shadows work.

That was very helpful thank you! I have been dying to learn how to shade and color, so hopefully I can practice this. It always helps when someone overlaps and draws them in for me so I know exactly what they mean. I may ask someone to do that for me. I can't even sketch properly LOL! So I may have to work on that since I am totally blocked atm from drawing anything. I appreciate your feedback and hope you check in to give me more critique!

Working on a new chibi random drawing! Here is an update in case anyone is interested! I know I'm sticking with the same design, but I just want to try different coloring and shading!

CvBaKGN.png

Back