• The closing ceremony for TBT's Farewell to New Leaf event has been posted! View the winning entries and other closing announcements here. Thanks for joining in on the fun and nostalgia. We'll see you this Friday night for the start of our annual Easter Egg Hunt!

✧ YuYu's Traditional Art Gallery ✧

CuteYuYu

Peach 🍑
Banana 🍌
Bells
MEOW Coupons
StreetPass Silver
Green Crescent Moon
Blue Crescent Moon
Heart Glow Wand
Special Snowflake
Blue Star Fragment
Yellow Star Fragment
Purple Star Fragment
Red Star Fragment
Pokéball
Moon Ball
Some of you might know me from my color pencil drawings, but aside from that I also do acrylic paintings (realism/surrealism). These are just some works I've done throughout highschool. Since I'm done with my college portfolios, I'm working on misc paintings of OCs and things I feel like drawing. Once I'm done with those I'll post them here too! I'm more skilled at traditional art than digital art haha, although I'm starting to practice digital too so there might be digital arts posted here later~ :3

Thanks for looking and hope you enjoyed!

7cvC8uL.jpg

This was for a lit project in sophomore year that I was doing on Memoirs of a geisha. My rendition of Sayuri. I love the book and movie c:
Lol all my AP art pieces were rushed and done at the last min :'D I hate myself for procrastinating! Also shoutout to my art teacher for not knowing how to hold a camera still ~
Concentration/ theme: Alternative world
aDEyup9.jpg

BTmfEOC.jpg

p9RXpUX.jpg

JbH5YfO.jpg

x4fnfXG.jpg

This piece was especially rushed. Literally did this on the day of the AP art exam and somehow managed to finish right before the deadline xD Based it off Hansel and Gretel

e1zXri8.jpg

Recreated my last ap art piece, since I liked the idea but bs'ed it
Yes she has no head and I left it that way on purpose

m5pSofL.jpg

Just a section of a finished piece. I always make myself look scary puaha, but my art is generally dark. xD
Painting skin/faces is my favorite thing to paint, so fun!

These are all so amazing! I love the art you made for the AP exam... actually I like all the art with grass in it. You're really talented I wish I had these skills! I can't wait to see more of your work

These are all so amazing! I love the art you made for the AP exam... actually I like all the art with grass in it. You're really talented I wish I had these skills! I can't wait to see more of your work

Aw tysm!<3 I will definetly be posting more soon~

Beautiful art!!:) and i loved the book memoirs of a geisha, very sad. Need to watch the movie*-*

Beautiful art!!:) and i loved the book memoirs of a geisha, very sad. Need to watch the movie*-*

Thank you!! :) Yes you need to! The movie is so much better when you watch it after reading the book first~

I love the one with no head haha! I wish I knew how to paint properly. These are cool!

Haha glad you like it :'D Painting is such a painstaking process though~ Ty!

Painting is such a painstaking process though~

Truer words never spoken. It always takes me double or triple the time to finish a painting than the time spent on a drawing. I always ran out of a colour I blended together so I'd have to mix some more and of course, it wasn't quite the right hue so you've got to paint over some of the older areas to help blend the new hue in with the old... only to run out AGAIN.

Maybe if I wasn't so stingy with my materials, I'd have a better relationship with my paintbrushes.

Your gallery is lovely. Have any experience with watercolours?

Truer words never spoken. It always takes me double or triple the time to finish a painting than the time spent on a drawing. I always ran out of a colour I blended together so I'd have to mix some more and of course, it wasn't quite the right hue so you've got to paint over some of the older areas to help blend the new hue in with the old... only to run out AGAIN.

Maybe if I wasn't so stingy with my materials, I'd have a better relationship with my paintbrushes.

Your gallery is lovely. Have any experience with watercolours?

Very true!! Ikr Omg I feel all that pain.. and it's so annoying cause acrylic paint dries out in literally 5 mins
Hahaha same :p You should see my paintbrushes.. RIP. Our poor brushes (x
Didn't really have that much experience with watercolor, but I've definetly tried it out and I suck at it lol

omg your paintings are beautiful! That potato chip roof looks delicious. B>

omg your paintings are beautiful! That potato chip roof looks delicious. B>

Ahh thanks so much!~ LOL Glad it looks appetizing cause that potato chip roof was a struggle omg c':

Yoo~ I haven't updated this gallery in forever (college life is hectic), but here are some stuff I've worked on during that time. Also, I recently made an art instagram and would very much appreciate it if you could check it out ^-^
The username is @KawaiiYuYu
Thanks so much!

flvlqyK.jpg]

SRxtJ56.jpg

DOgt2FM.jpg

IeSzl4p.jpg

Newest Portrait paintings ~

uikKDUt.jpg

MflByZ4.jpg

Just going to promote my art instagram again heh @kawaiiyuyu @Kawaiiyuyu
I would really appreciate if you guys could support me by following c:

Last edited:
I love the hansel and gretel pieces the most but everything you've done is lovely!! personally I find painting really difficult but you've got a true talent for it

I love the hansel and gretel pieces the most but everything you've done is lovely!! personally I find painting really difficult but you've got a true talent for it

Ahh thank you so much!~

Back