• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Has this ever happened to you?

Flutter

The Fun Has Arrived!
Bells
Leif
Red Lily
White Lily
Yellow Lily
Red Rose
Red Pansy
White Pansy
Yellow Pansy
So I started up my ACNL game for the first time today...(been a busy day) and on the start up screen right in front of Alli's home there is a new plot...so when I started my game I started as a new person....just to see who it was. When I went there, the plot was no longer there...I figure it moved...so I looked everywhere TWICE and there's nothing. Was it a glitch? Or do I just not trust what I see on the start up?

That is definitely odd. I would start a new character without saving multiple times to triple check that there's no plot. I'm assuming you have less than 10 villagers?

Hmm... whatever shows up on the start up screen (with the Animal Crossing title) doesn't actually means it happens in your real game. At least I think I read that somewhere?

That is definitely odd. I would start a new character without saving multiple times to triple check that there's no plot. I'm assuming you have less than 10 villagers?

Yeah I have 8 because one moved a few days ago. It's definitely weird.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Hmm...well if that's true then that's good to know. As long as I've had the game though, it's never done that.

My main screen has never been accurate! I think it's a fun little "MAYBE this is happening"! 9/10 though probably not..

I had the same thing happen to me ages ago. The start up screen just shows one of the possibilities of your town that day, similar to how when you first get the game you won't necessarily get the villager that first appears.

I've had that happen before! Also, I've watched a villager pluck a weed on the title screen and when I started the game, the weed was still there.

Yeah like previously said, whatever happens on the start-up screen isn't actually what's in your town for that day. (I learned this the hard way)

Sometimes it'll show Redd's tent, then when I login he won't be there. Same with plots, etc.

Last edited:
Same thing happened to me before. One time I saw a plot on the title screen, started up my game, and the plot was in that exact spot. Then another time I saw a plot on the title screen, and there was nothing to be found. I was so confused lol

this happened to me last year! i saw a plot near my house, then ran around town to find it wasn't there. A few days later, the plot actually showed up in my town in the same spot, and chester moved in. maybe it's a prediction of the future!

The title screen is pretty unreliable when it comes to predicting in-game events :/ Once I saw a scorpion run across the title screen though, it was so frustrating haha

Thanks guys! I had just found it odd, because once when I had a perfect town there was a Jacobs Ladder by the cliff and when I started the game it was really there...so I just didn't know if it was always right or not.

My screen has never been accurate. It'll show villagers or something going on in front of a certain house but when I go there to check it out it's never actually happening. I've never seen a plot just show up before though.

Does your town have 8 villagers? It could be just a random move in if you didn't adopt any villagers from some one else

I noticed it a lot whenever I plot reset. I freaked out so hard when I first saw the plot in th start up screen and thought I screwed up or something. When I started the game it was no longer there and so phew...mini heart attack there.

I had this happen when Ricky moved out and I had 8 villagers. I started with a new character and there were times when I had a plot somewhere in my town and others when I didn't, and I found it frustrating. This happened for 5 days until I found Savannah at the campsite, so that "thing" was overriden by her.

Something similar has happened to me. On the start screen, sometimes I see that there's a camper in my campsite, but when I get there the campsites empty. It gets me so mad because the start screen tricks me every time. ;_;

That has happened to me before, but not with a plot sign. It showed a dig spot next to one of my villagers' house after I quit my game. So, I'd start it up again just to get that dig spot. This happened three times to me next to the same villager's house. I should have learned.

Back