Switch
4805-1672-6310
Yellow Lily
Yellow Violet
April Birthstone (Diamond)
Tasty Cake
Winter Mittens
Orange (Fruit)
my therapist knows all about how much i love playing new leaf. and she wants to play animal crossing too. the problem is, she can't because she doesn't have any of the right game systems.

i'm a broke kid so i can't do much, however i do have a dsi xl i never use. and it's pretty easy to get my hands on wild world. i'm hoping to give those two things to my therapist as a gift.

but there's a couple flaws to this plan. i've never played wild world, and she's never played new leaf, so we can't exactly relate. i guess it would be fun to learn about each other's games. the real problem is i don't want her to feel bad because i'm scared that wild world is considered to be inferior to new leaf.

so, to people who've actually played wild world--do you think my therapist would be okay with playing wild world? is it a good game? a pros and cons list would be super helpful. :)

Patients giving gifts to therapists might be frowned upon. Also, I imagine she could probably afford to buy a used 2DS and a used copy of Wild World or New Leaf if she wants them. Wild World is a great game to start with...especially if you don't have a lot of free time because there isn't a whole lot to do. I mean, there are no holidays (aside from New Year's Eve), you can't swim, there's no island to visit, you don't earn medals, and you only have 8 villagers. Plot resetting doesn't exist in Wild World. Of course, it's hard to recommend something you've never played. I say it's a good game, but I'm just a stranger on the Internet. You might not enjoy it as much as I do. And I probably enjoy it mostly because it was the first Animal Crossing game I played.

I have to disagree with Pripyat on most things said. Patients and carers (be it doctors, therapists, etc) often develop friendships and those who may frown would be pretty narrow minded to do so.

I played Wild World in the day just as obsessively as I now play New Leaf. If your therapist has never played an AC game before, she won't miss what she hasn't experienced. Many people still play the Gamecube AC which also lacks features of NL. Also, recently I've been craving Wild World again, because it does have some benefits over New Leaf, the tunes being the main one for me.

Since all AC games are primarily the same give or take minor features, I don't feel any particular one is above another.

It would be a wonderful gift. You could try but many providers don't accept gifts from their clients. Most don't have a relationship with their patients outside of their practice.

I have to disagree with Pripyat on most things said. Patients and carers (be it doctors, therapists, etc) often develop friendships and those who may frown would be pretty narrow minded to do so.

I played Wild World in the day just as obsessively as I now play New Leaf. If your therapist has never played an AC game before, she won't miss what she hasn't experienced. Many people still play the Gamecube AC which also lacks features of NL. Also, recently I've been craving Wild World again, because it does have some benefits over New Leaf, the tunes being the main one for me.

Since all AC games are primarily the same give or take minor features, I don't feel any particular one is above another.

The name is Belle, thanks. :) "Pripyat" is the name of a city.

When I went to therapy, one of the written rules was that patients and therapists were not to exchange gifts. Every facility is different, but I was speaking from my personal experience. The OP might want to check.

What were the other things we disagreed on? While I mentioned that there isn't as much to do in Wild World as in New Leaf, I also mentioned that I enjoy it. In fact, if you read my other posts in this forum, you'll know that I struggle to choose which of the games I like playing more. But I stand by my statement that there isn't as much to do in Wild World, making it a good game for someone who doesn't have a lot of free time.

If you are allowed to give gifts, then try WW first before you give it, and see what you think.

Personally, I love it. It's a great start too; it's a standard AC game. GCN and NL are completely different, and CF has some stuff that never returned ever again, so WW is the best one for beginners in my opinion.

Or you can try getting a 2DS, which can play 3DS games. The MSRP is 100-150 dollars if you live in the US.

Last edited by a moderator:
Therapists get paid a lot... you're better off just suggesting they get Animal Crossing. Remember that it's in English on the Gamecube, DS, Wii and 3DS, three of which can be emulated on decent computers if need be.

I would suggest Wild World if not for Nintendo's Wifi servers going down in 2014. So, I cannot recommend Wild World.

thanks for posting guys! i know my therapist gets paid a lot, but i don't want to ask what her salary is, i'd feel rude. besides, she probably has better things to spend it on.

i think i'll either sell my dsi and give the money to her, or i'll let her just borrow my dsi and the wild world cartridge to see if she likes it.

i believe gifts are allowed (the office i go for is for adolescents. i'm considered an adolescent) but i will sk just in case. i won't make it a surprise.

i'm sorry if i sound dumb or naive. that's just how i am

I would suggest Wild World if not for Nintendo's Wifi servers going down in 2014. So, I cannot recommend Wild World.

you can still play local play though, just like New Leaf, you can play with someone in the vicinity of you- I believe it's within 100 feet.

Local play (called DS to DS at the gate) is how I got the final shop upgrade.

Same. I was going to make this reply more interesting but found this on Google Images instead:

tomato.gif

Wild world was my first ever AC game! It's how I got into AC! I love it and it's quite similar to NL, except there is no perfect fruit, island and a few other things that are new to the game (Some fish and bugs, no diving). I played that game for hours on end! I think your therapist would love it!

i wish my therapist would like to play ACNL but sadly she is against me playing the DS because my parents say i play too much and she lets me draw in her office when we meet... i like her but i just wish we could play video games together like me and dad used to :(

i wish my therapist would like to play ACNL but sadly she is against me playing the DS because my parents say i play too much and she lets me draw in her office when we meet... i like her but i just wish we could play video games together like me and dad used to :(

Why is she against you playing your DS? o_O

- - - Post Merge - - -

Why is she against you playing your DS? o_O

Back