Anyone playing ACWW on Wii U?

Wait, so what's the point of it if it's no online? xD Online was my life. What happens if you try to connect online? I assume it doesn't work.

May I remind you that Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection servers are no longer operating since May 2014? Animal Crossing: Wild World can't connect to the Internet anymore.

The Virtual Console port of the game hasn't come to the North American Wii U eShop just yet, nor even the Japanese one. Until Brain Age 1 and Mario Party DS released, we weren't receiving any DS title for months. It seems like the Virtual Console staff is getting around to release more DS titles on Wii U eShop on a more regular basis, so maybe expect AC:WW to be one of those titles soon.

Sadly, AC:WW's multiplayer functionality is completely non-existent like every other DS game on Virtual Console, and lacks a lot of content that pretty much every other installment boasted.

Last time I checked on eBay, the physical copy of the game is a bit more expensive that than standard $10 asking price for an average premium DS game. Since I already own Wild World in its original format, along with City Folk and New Leaf, there's no point for me to get that version if I ever wanted some Animal Crossing fix.

Wild World is coming to America tomorrow! I'll be starting out a Wild World town for the first time, since ACWW was the only AC game released in America I haven't owned yet.

I purchased WildWorld for the WiiU yesterday and I LOVE it!!!

I played Wild world a lot but only played by myself and with a few other people because I never thought to join any of the online places like TBT. Strangely I have forgotten most of my memories but I remember my town had pears way back when.

So I got the WiiU Wild World and on the first try I love my map!!! I'll post a pic when I can.
This map is my favorite WW map.

My villagers are Curt, Rodeo and Rod...and Rosie just moved in!
Town fruit is oranges.

....and I have a split river.
It's WW paradise.

I want to hear all about your towns :)

---
I just read Jeff's post about his new WW town:
http://www.jvgs.net/acwwblog/2016/10/13/day-1-getting-started/

Last edited:
City folk on the Wii U with HDMI is awesome. You could get a WW ROM and a emulator and load it with Homebrew(for free)

yo how do you make the screen BIGGER???

Press the ZR button to bring up the Virtual Console menu and choose screen settings. There are several screen layouts you can choose from. I use the "Touch Screen Focus" one; it makes the touch screen larger, while still showing the top screen in a smaller window.

I finally found a map I like (I'm really picky) around midnight last night, so I wasn't able to do much in my new town since Nook's closed as soon as I finished working for him. Couldn't buy the shovel then, so I hope he's selling it again today.

First three villagers are: Amelia, Puddles and Cube. Not a fan of Amelia, tho.

My map has a large island with my house and Nook's in the middle of it. Fruit is peaches and I have circle grass.

I really like Amelia! I have her in my town on ACWW (DS version, not VC.) It's rare that I get the bird villagers. I'm actually really hoping to get Apollo on WW or NL.

Back